Poll: Life or death?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Sentence

I'm curious which way you would go on the sentencing.

Life or death?

I pick life. Here's why. Death is too easy. I'm old enough to remember the Manson trial. I was a kid but it was all over the news. Well I looked it up a few days ago and if I recall correctly this year it's been 45 years since he was arrested. Old Charlie has been sitting in a cell every day for 45 years and counting. Think about that, let it sink in. Everything you have done for 45 years, (or in your life if younger than that), all the fun, parties, movies, concerts, dinners, family, good times, bad times, and all times, ol Chuck Manson has been rotting in a cell. The same cell for a lot of those years.

So this kid is what, 21? He could live another 60 or 70 years. I think letting him think about it for that long is way better than letting him off with Death! Hell we should send him letters to show him everything he is missing.
    Last edited by Administrator; 05-07-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Re: Boston Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Sentancing

As I recall... death is what he wants. He'll be a martyr.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post

Life or death?

I pick life. Here's why. Death is too easy. I'm old enough to remember the Manson trial. I was a kid but it was all over the news. Well I looked it up a few days ago and if I recall correctly this year it's been 45 years since he was arrested. Old Charlie has been sitting in a cell every day for 45 years and counting. Think about that, let it sink in. Everything you have done for 45 years, (or in your life if younger than that), all the fun, parties, movies, concerts, dinners, family, good times, bad times, and all times, ol Chuck Manson has been rotting in a cell. The same cell for a lot of those years.

So this kid is what, 21? He could live another 60 or 70 years. I think letting him think about it for that long is way better than letting him off with Death! Hell we should send him letters to show him everything he is missing.
    You may be right about the kid but I think Charlie is not a good example. Manson was in and out of jail most his life leading up to the Tate murders. He was a career criminal.He was use to jail and comfortable being there. Manson is an egotistical maniac and loves all the attention. He gets tons of fan mail. Heck same with Scott Peterson who has been on death row going on 10 years. If he gets death its better to do it quickly so he doesn't get to enjoy his fame and the sooner society can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Or if he lives he will be famous in many Islamic circles and he will get to enjoy all those accolades posted on the internet and print.

I assure you I'd want death. I get bored in line at the supermarket.

Life or death?

Eff him...the cost of caring for his lame ass to keep him alive for another 60 years isn't worth it.

End it....for the effin POS...:greenchainsaw:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Where is the forgive button?

Just kidding...Slice and dice the MoFo.

Not if they don't tell anyone.

:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Not if they don't tell anyone.

:rasta:
    Interesting... It won't happen, but what if the sentence is not publicized? It just comes out as 'sentencing over and he disappears'?

Interesting... It won't happen, but what if the sentence is not publicized? It just comes out as 'sentencing over and he disappears'?
    Happens all over the world.

I don't think anyone would think any worse of the US if scumbags like this were just never seen or heard of again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Happens all over the world.

I don't think anyone would think any worse of the US if scumbags like this were just never seen or heard of again!

I'll re-phrase that... It won't happen here. I don't believe the media would look the other way.

I'll re-phrase that... It won't happen here. I don't believe the media would look the other way.
    True, and it's such a shame that they wouldn't.

Smacks of 5th column attitude.

Is that me sounding a bit Hooverish?

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Eff him...the cost of caring for his lame ass to keep him alive for another 60 years isn't worth it.

End it....for the effin POS...:greenchainsaw:
    Problem is it costs more to execute than to warehouse. I say let him rot.

Problem is it costs more to execute than to warehouse. I say let him rot.
    That's hard to imagine...really?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Certainly in California it is where some death row inmates are housed over 20 years now. The appeals process is extensive there. Texas and Florida probably not so much as they are typically gone in a couple of years. Since its a federal case, like Timothy McVeigh, he may not be around too long.

Indeed sir. I started to look it up but got 465k hits and the first few required actual
    reading so I passed

Search cost of life in prison vs cost of death penalty

Bottom line... appeals and more appeals. Forbes said it cost the state of CA 5 or 6 times more.