+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 56

  1. #1
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    “When you see a crime happening and you see someone getting injured, if you have the ability to stop it, you should do so,” he said.

    Gene said he didn’t have it in mind to pull the trigger, and made sure to keep his finger away from it during the altercation.

    As for other shoppers interviewed about the incident, they supported Gene’s actions.

    “The guy did the right thing,” one woman said.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...-carry-holder/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    “When you see a crime happening and you see someone getting injured, if you have the ability to stop it, you should do so,” he said.

    Gene said he didn’t have it in mind to pull the trigger, and made sure to keep his finger away from it during the altercation.

    As for other shoppers interviewed about the incident, they supported Gene’s actions.

    “The guy did the right thing,” one woman said.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...-carry-holder/
    More concealed permit holders would prevent more crime. Simple formula.

    In almost every mass shooting over the last few years, had there been a permit holder the outcome would have been a lot different.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I failed to put emphasis on the fact the man with the gun said he was nervous, didn't have his finger on the trigger and he didn't want to shoot.
    I sure would not have wanted to be in the vicinity of this incident with this kind of person pointing a gun in a public parking lot.
    I would not have had a problem being around this situation. HE did what he felt he needed to do and did not over react. While I'm sure there is a tiny percentage of concealed permit holders looking to shoot someone, the vast majority just want the security of protecting their families.

    I went through the course with my dad a few years ago. After the excellent training I didn't really want to carry. In Texas it's legal to carry a handgun in your car without a permit. I have been known to if we are traveling. Depends on where we are going and going through.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    More concealed permit holders would prevent more crime. Simple formula.

    In almost every mass shooting over the last few years, had there been a permit holder the outcome would have been a lot different.
    That's a pretty cool fantasy...

    If everyone had a concealed gun, nobody would get shot... Yeah... that must be the solution! :

  5. #5
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    6:30 & 7:10 SWEET!

    Last edited by conserv4ever; 04-24-2015 at 05:00 PM.

  6. #6
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    A 21 year old woman in Flint, MI was brutally attacked and possibly sexually assaulted in broad daylight as she walked home from an area store.
    The victim was walking home from a store near her home around 2pm when a man forced her into an abandoned home and violently assaulted her.
    Fortunately, the girl was able to jump out of a window of the home and scream for help. According to MLive, that’s when several good Samaritans jumped into action,
    Several area residents offered the 21-year-old woman clothing and comfort while a man who holds a valid concealed pistols license ordered the suspect out of the house at gunpoint, according to Flint police.

    The victim suffered from severe bruising and swelling around her eyes, bruises on other parts of her body, and several loose teeth following the assault.
    The suspect, Jeffery McSwain Jr., is facing numerous felony charges which could land him in jail for a decade.
    The neighborhood is pretty shaken up by the whole ordeal. One neighbor told MLive, “I still can’t sleep because of the way she was screaming.” Another neighbor boarded up the abandoned house once police were finished.



    The mother of a woman who told police she was attacked inside an eastside home said she is thankful for neighbors who rushed to her daughter’s aid, including a man who held the alleged attacker at gunpoint then chased him down and helped hold him until police arrived.

    “She got lucky,” said the woman’s mother, who is not being identified to protect the identity of the woman. “If it wasn’t for all these people who cared enough to help her, and not turn the other cheek like so many people would, my daughter would be dead right now.”

    The victim was on her way home from a nearby store—the kind that Moms Demand Action would like to ban you from carrying guns in—and forced into a vacant home by a man who beat her severely, ripped off her clothes, and attempted to rape her.

    The victim escaped and screamed for help, at which point a concealed carry permit holder that lives nearby sprang into action, ordering the suspect out of the vacant home at gunpoint. The suspect, Jeffery McSwain, Jr, attempted to escape on foot but was chased down by the concealed carry permit holder and another man and was held until police arrived.



    The suspect appears to have collected a few blows to the head either during the commission of his crime or during his capture. I somehow suspect that the authorities aren’t deeply concerned about the specific nature of these relatively minor injuries.

    You’ll note that the concealed carry permit holder in this situation acted with restraint at all times.

    The concealed carry permit holder did not shoot at the alleged criminal as he encountered him at the vacant home.

    He did not shoot at the alleged attempted rapist as the criminal attempted to flee the scene of the crime.

    He did not shoot McSwain during the (successful) attempt to capture him after a short chase, and he did not shoot him before the police took McSwain into custody.

    In short, the often-repeated claim from gun control cultists that concealed carriers are just looking for an excuse to shoot another human being proved to be false, yet again.

    This good guy with a gun simply helped take yet another criminal off the streets.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 04-24-2015 at 08:36 PM.

  7. #7
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    They don't believe in the RIGHT to armed self-defense in Britain


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    What a crock. You say the outcome of the mass shootings here in the past few years would have been different if there would have been a person carrying a gun present, what a crock. Why can't you be truthful and say it may have made a difference.

    Even the Police, Military, any trained marksman can miss their target when trying to stop a shooter.
    Peggy, most mass shootings occur in gun free zones. Mass shootings usually end when someone who can shoot back shows up. Nobody said a concealed carry holder will take down a gunman with one shot. But if someone shoots back at someone on a shooting spree, the shooter is much less likely to just keep shooting random people, he's going to start paying attention to the person shooting back. The shooter may get shot himself ending the threat, or he may turn and run.

    If you were in a public place, and someone started intentionally shooting people, would you prefer someone be able to shoot back at him slowing him down instantly. Or would you prefer waiting to see how many people he can hit in the 10-15 minutes it will take for the cops to show up?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    That's a pretty cool fantasy...

    If everyone had a concealed gun, nobody would get shot... Yeah... that must be the solution! :
    Nobody said everyone should carry a gun. But most mass shootings end when someone starts shooting back. Mass shooters chose gun free zones for a reason.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Nobody said everyone should carry a gun. But most mass shootings end when someone starts shooting back. Mass shooters chose gun free zones for a reason.
    You want more people to carry guns in public places... but not "everyone"?

    So who is to carry and who is not?

  11. #11
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Uber Driver Saves Multiple Lives in Chicago

    CHICAGO — Prosecutors say an Uber driver with a concealed carry permit shot a 22-year-old man who opened fire on a group of pedestrians in Chicago.
    Court records say the man shot at people walking in front of the driver’s vehicle Friday night in the Logan Square neighborhood. The driver then grabbed his own weapon and fired six rounds at the man, striking him multiple times. The man was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
    Assistant State’s Attorney Barry Quinn says the driver, who has a firearm owner’s identification card, acted in self-defense and the defense of others.
    The man was ordered held without bail Sunday. He’s facing charges of aggravated battery with a firearm and illegal possession of a firearm.
    Police say the driver hasn’t been charged.

    http://nypost.com/2015/04/21/uber-dr...-down-shooter/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Peggy, most mass shootings occur in gun free zones. Mass shootings usually end when someone who can shoot back shows up. Nobody said a concealed carry holder will take down a gunman with one shot. But if someone shoots back at someone on a shooting spree, the shooter is much less likely to just keep shooting random people, he's going to start paying attention to the person shooting back. The shooter may get shot himself ending the threat, or he may turn and run.
    This is a blatantly misleading argument.

    Most mass shootings in recent history have occurred at schools. Perpetrated by troubled and psychopathic teens.

    In short the fact that it was a school was the only reason that target was chosen.


    Also advocating that we should allow 18 year olds to run around with concealed weapons between classes is hardly a useful or intelligent solution. Unless you seek to increase the number of shootings in schools by unstable teens.

    If you were in a public place, and someone started intentionally shooting people, would you prefer someone be able to shoot back at him slowing him down instantly. Or would you prefer waiting to see how many people he can hit in the 10-15 minutes it will take for the cops to show up?
    If I'm in a public place and I see someone walking around with a gun and no uniform. I call the police. There is no confusion. No matter of rights. If they are walking around in public with a gun than they have an intention to use it.

    and the police are literally 3mins out.


    I can see what you are saying but the mass shooting argument is a poor one for both sides.

    and lets be realistic arming everyone would not save lives. It would just escalate every single argument or altercation into a deadly situation. Yes you could potentially maybe stop a mass shooter, in that one in one million situation but more than likely you'd be the first target or weapons would just escalate to bombs and body Armour.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Harlem Represents!
    Posts
    235

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    So many times these things go sour. I agree he did the right thing but legally he's asking for alot of trouble. Off duty cops get in trouble under these same situations.

    CALL 911

    If that guy fired at the assailants and it wasn't in the leg or arm and that guy dies, the shooter will often go to jail. You have to let trained police handle these situations otherwise its chaos.

    It is a shame, but we'd have millions of Batmans out there taking justice in their own hands.

    Please help our church -
    Your donations no matter how small are appreciated :)

  14. #14
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell No View Post
    So many times these things go sour. I agree he did the right thing but legally he's asking for alot of trouble. Off duty cops get in trouble under these same situations.

    CALL 911

    If that guy fired at the assailants and it wasn't in the leg or arm and that guy dies, the shooter will often go to jail. You have to let trained police handle these situations otherwise its chaos.

    It is a shame, but we'd have millions of Batmans out there taking justice in their own hands.
    Yeah! When SECONDS count, the police are only minutes away!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    This is a blatantly misleading argument.

    Most mass shootings in recent history have occurred at schools. Perpetrated by troubled and psychopathic teens.

    In short the fact that it was a school was the only reason that target was chosen.


    Also advocating that we should allow 18 year olds to run around with concealed weapons between classes is hardly a useful or intelligent solution. Unless you seek to increase the number of shootings in schools by unstable teens.


    If I'm in a public place and I see someone walking around with a gun and no uniform. I call the police. There is no confusion. No matter of rights. If they are walking around in public with a gun than they have an intention to use it.

    and the police are literally 3mins out.


    I can see what you are saying but the mass shooting argument is a poor one for both sides.

    and lets be realistic arming everyone would not save lives. It would just escalate every single argument or altercation into a deadly situation. Yes you could potentially maybe stop a mass shooter, in that one in one million situation but more than likely you'd be the first target or weapons would just escalate to bombs and body Armour.
    I never stated everyone should be armed. And your response is so full of strawman arguments and misguided assumptions, I'll not say much more about it.

    Other than the next time the police show up in 3 minutes, it will be the first time.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: He Bought a Gun Looking for the OPPORTUNITY to Kill Another Human Being

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Of course I would prefer the shooter be stopped and who cares who does this. We have to be realistic about this and realize not all people carrying a gun and present at a mass shooting would be in a position to stop the shooter.

    Police officers have gotten killed at least half of the time when engaging the shooter in a mass shooting incident.


    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5876906.html
    Peggy, I understand not all carriers would be able to stop a shooter. But it at least provides a chance the shooter could be stopped. Like I said, why do most shootings occur in gun free zones? The shooters know nobody will be able to stop them. The Colorado theatre shooter drove past three other theatres on his way because they had not been declared gun free zones. He knew nobody would be shooting back.

Similar Threads

  1. Bought and paid for
    By tomInAustin in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2015, 05:17 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 11:47 PM
  3. A Human is completely human only when s/he plays
    By coberst in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 02:03 PM
  4. Last Random Item You Bought?
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 08:13 AM
  5. i bought the day job killer scam
    By crazy-chris in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •