+ Reply to Thread

IRS Scammer targeting a small business owner friend of mine.

Just want to give everyone a heads up about this IRS scam. They call and leave you voicemails claiming the IRS is going to sue you, and they leave numbers for you to call them back. They're looking for quick "settlement money."
    Due to the rules of this subreddit, and me not wanting to instigate trolling scammers in a sub not devoted to that, I am just going to post a link to what I posted over on /r/scamslayers. If a moderator takes issue with this, please shoot me a PM and let me know. The link contains links that go to 800notes.com and show you the numbers the scammers leave for you to call them back at. This information could be useful to anyone who has received these messages and wants to cross-check the number so they know it's the same scam. I do not post the numbers in plain text on reddit, I just post to the external 800notes link that has the number, as well as comments from people who have been targeted by the same scam originating from the same numbers.

Re: IRS Scammer targeting a small business owner friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SCAMS View Post
    Just want to give everyone a heads up about this IRS scam. They call and leave you voicemails claiming the IRS is going to sue you, and they leave numbers for you to call them back. They're looking for quick "settlement money."
    Due to the rules of this subreddit, and me not wanting to instigate trolling scammers in a sub not devoted to that, I am just going to post a link to what I posted over on /r/scamslayers. If a moderator takes issue with this, please shoot me a PM and let me know. The link contains links that go to 800notes.com and show you the numbers the scammers leave for you to call them back at. This information could be useful to anyone who has received these messages and wants to cross-check the number so they know it's the same scam. I do not post the numbers in plain text on reddit, I just post to the external 800notes link that has the number, as well as comments from people who have been targeted by the same scam originating from the same numbers.
    good to know....I try to stay on their good side....

Re: IRS Scammer targeting a small business owner friend of mine.

Thanks for posting up that information on a scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com