+ Reply to Thread

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Ask the Moderators

I recently saw a post by "cableguy" under the UFO thread that was
    commenting on why the ads and what's legal to post in the way of ads
    etc. So I was thinking this would be a good thread for people to
    post on that have logistical, commercial or other questions.
    I think that the ones that are authorized to give the appropriate
    guidelines and rules are the moderators.

Re: Ask the Moderators

The ads you see are a result of the relationship between Google and scam.com. The search spiders determine what ads are placed in which forums. It can be rather entertaining at times. Anyway, scam.com has no control over what ads are placed as each ad was purchased by someone who bought clicks from Google. I believe we are paid a percentage based on how many click throughs are made each month. This helps defray the hosting costs of keeping this site up and running.

I allow (and the other moderators usually will as well) very small ads in the way of a signature line referral link below members names but the owner would prefer if you kept your referral links in your profile.

The only ones allowed to actually post a referral link or business are the moderators, it's compensation for the work they do here. And if you guys think we don't do a lot of work here, let us take a week off and see what a mess these boards turn into, lol.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Yeah I believe you, BenDover filled the board up last night quite a bit. I went to bed and slept for five hours and when I came back, you had it all cleaned up already. Nice job. What is it like to be a moderator? and how many are there on this forum? Is the pay good? or do you get paid? hiring?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    Yeah I believe you, BenDover filled the board up last night quite a bit. I went to bed and slept for five hours and when I came back, you had it all cleaned up already. Nice job. What is it like to be a moderator? and how many are there on this forum? Is the pay good? or do you get paid? hiring?

Thank you.

What's it like to be a moderator? Well, it's not near as glamorous as some people like to believe. Most of the time it's just running through all the threads that were active that day and removing anything offensive. On this forum that would be referral links, advertising, excessive vulgarity or member bashing and of course, offensive posts aimed at the owner or website scam.com and sometimes at the moderators.

I spend much of my time in politics or religion. There are a lot more emotional responses in those forums and they need a firm hand at times to control the outbreaks. (LOL, and I sure get bashed a lot for taking one. :rolleyes: ) I answer a lot of PM's when members alert me to problems. Other than that, I'm not patrolling the site. It can be fun, it can be a PITA and some days you just want to give the title back. (Then you remember that by being a moderator you allow others a safe place to research and give opinions on various programs touted on the Internet that claim financial freedom and riches.)

There are three moderators. Myself, Subjunk, who is from New Zealand and moderates a lot of the threads while we in America are fast asleep, and Scambuster. I call myself the B.I.T.C.H. when people complain I'm too harsh. LOL, that stands for Babe In Total Control Here.

It's a volunteer position. I guess I gave the idea to George in an email to him, he asked if I would be the first moderator on the forum and he then posted an announcement taking messages from other interested people. The result was Subjunk being named along with myself. Later when Subjunk was very tied up in some business he was doing and couldn't help I insisted we get another moderator and Scambuster was chosen. As moderators we can promote our own businesses and not get in trouble. Though none of us abuse that privilege.

At the moment, we aren't looking for another moderator, but in the future, we might be. It seems to be working out well with just 3 of us at the moment.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

testing 123