+ Reply to Thread

Thread: baldness cures?

baldness cures?

how about everybody posting "baldness cure" scams here since there's so many. i hate to see guys who are desperate spend their hard earned loot on garbage & making some thug rich! one that comes to mind is the laser comb that's supposed to grow hair. what a bunch of canal crap! there is much money to be made in mis-guided vanity, & thiefs know this...
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 10-27-2005 at 10:47 PM.

Re: baldness cures?

That's right. The only decent way for us baldies to get a full head of hair is to get a transplant or join the Hair Club. And neither is cheap.

My transition towards having a horseshoe head is almost complete! Family and friends get a kick out of it so I'll spend my money on other things.

whmees Guest

I've actually investigated quite a few of these offers, primarily with the help of www.hairlosshelp.com/forum

As far as the laser comb goes, there are actually quite a few guys on that forum that claim it helped produce some growth. Given the cynical nature of most of the forum members, I'm fairly certain they also provided pictures. However, due to the fact that they were using the laser comb in conjuction with other treatments, they could not determine its complete effectiveness, but they still swear by it.

Quote Originally Posted by edlawton
    That's right. The only decent way for us baldies to get a full head of hair is to get a transplant or join the Hair Club. And neither is cheap.

My transition towards having a horseshoe head is almost complete! Family and friends get a kick out of it so I'll spend my money on other things.
    the hair club is one of the biggest scams out there! what they promise & what they deliver are 2 different things. it's too much work to post a message about all the unhappy clients, but it should not be hard to do a search & get this info yourselves. the same thing goes for transplants. there is some good doctors out there & some butchers. the bosley medical group is what i would call a scam! they use pics of guys in their brochures that were never really bald & show these as guys who just got the procedures done! what b.s.!
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 10-28-2005 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whmees
    I've actually investigated quite a few of these offers, primarily with the help of www.hairlosshelp.com/forum

As far as the laser comb goes, there are actually quite a few guys on that forum that claim it helped produce some growth. Given the cynical nature of most of the forum members, I'm fairly certain they also provided pictures. However, due to the fact that they were using the laser comb in conjuction with other treatments, they could not determine its complete effectiveness, but they still swear by it.
    ya, i post on that board & seen those posts too. i don't believe it though. i think it's a scam. there's no proof that it grows any hair. those guys were also taking propecia & rogaine. those 2 products are proven to re-grow some hair & are approved by the fda, & the the laser comb is not.

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    the hair club is one of the biggest scams out there! what they promise & what they deliver are 2 different things. it's too much work to post a message about all the unhappy clients, but it should not be hard to do a search & get this info yourselves. the same thing goes for transplants. there is some good doctors out there & some butchers. the bosley medical group is what i would call a scam! they use pics of guys in their brochures that were never really bald & show these as guys who just got the procedures done! what b.s.!

I only know of 1 person who got a consult from Hair Club and he figured it was legit. Good thing he saved his money! And I have an uncle who used to be kinda bald and now has hair. Not super thick but looks pretty natural. Not sure what he had done though..... I know it's not hair club. Probably a transplant.....

Quote Originally Posted by edlawton
    I only know of 1 person who got a consult from Hair Club and he figured it was legit. Good thing he saved his money! And I have an uncle who used to be kinda bald and now has hair. Not super thick but looks pretty natural. Not sure what he had done though..... I know it's not hair club. Probably a transplant.....
    ya, it's probably a transplant. the hair club lures ya in with nice pics of people who probably weren't bald in the first place. your results are never that good! then they don't tell ya about the maintenance & ongoing expenses after the inital procedure is done & the contract is signed.

BUMP! hair loss treatment scams are one of the biggest out there. i'm surprised this thread died so fast. just thought i would bump up this thread & see if anyone has something too add...

:p Serve this one up to MEN AND WOMEN! I'M curious ... about Scalp Med.

Check out the site with embedded video. :rolleyes: click my bald head!

Do you want your own hair back? Let's check it out!

testing 12345