+ Reply to Thread

An Autosurf Scam...Possibly

Here's what's going on. I will not mention the autosurf program in case this matter gets resolved within the next 24 hours.

I bought an upgrade at a certain autosurf and they still list me as a free member. I sent 2 tickets in but have not received a reply, not even a verification of ticket received. This was about 4 hours ago. When I checked my Stormpay email it says the status of the payee is "UNVERIFIED."
    Now that gave me a little concern.

I do know Stormpay has had a few issues with delayed processing but in those cases the programs immediately let us know the upgrades wouldn't be posted for a few hours.

I am on a couple other autosurfs - 12dailypro & 50cent2surf and both those are NetIBA certified, they immediately upgrade your membership and they immediately respond with verification if you submit a ticket.

What I will do is wait 24 hours and if nothing happens I'll submit a ticket to Stormpay. If this particular autosurf is taking people's upgrade payments and not responding then it needs reported because I see it advertized all over the place.

Now see, THIS could be the difference between legitimate autosurfs like 12daily and the ones who are rip offs. If I get ripped off I'll be pissed but it was a small amount.
    I will not mention the particular program here until I know for sure. If it is a rip off then maybe we should have Ponzi Nemesis attack it instead of trying to attack legitimate programs that do not have these problems.

Note: UNVERIFIED means the person has a Stormpay account but no credit or debit card added to their account. They could still have a checking account for direct deposits & withdrawls from Stormpay. (I had this before I got verified).

VERIFIED means Stormpay has actually called and spoken with you on the phone to determine you are the actual person whose credit or debit card is linked to Stormpay. I have this and was not verified until after the phonecall.

NetIBA certified means both your phone and address has been verified as legitimate.

So you see my concerns with an UNVERFIED account!
    Last edited by Ravensmedicine; 10-27-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Re: An Autosurf Scam...Possibly

Are you referring to StudioTraffic?

If its StudioTraffic, try to contact them at this possible address:

StudioTraffic Inc.
    3741 Nigh Road
    Fort Erie, ON LOS 1NO
    905-894-3649

The problem was taken care of this afternoon. I just got nervous when I checked my Stormpay email and saw that unverified listed. So this one will have to show me payments before I upgrade any more than the minimum. I'd rather not say which one since there isn't a problem here. Not the only one who has had problems with automatic upgrades. Probably the darn hackers making problems again. Thing is I won't turn against someone unless I know for sure I'm being burnt. But I was a little concerned this time because it took a while to respond plus the unverified issue. But, unverified doesn't mean they can't pay me I suppose....

End of thread for me: problem solved.

I guess I am lucky because I have had no problems or delays on any of my stormpay upgrades. I must be timing them just right. :)

testing 12345