+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

***NEW*** Market America Thread

Here is the wonderful new thread.

Ok, I said I would not post again…but I do want to address some things I see. Some of them are important.
    I see a few people preaching personal responsibility. I see a few people preaching MLM sheep. I see a few people defending their companies. I see a lot of mud slinging. I almost thought it was an election year.

I have been an unfranchise owner for almost 2 years. I have never had a sales background, never attempted any other company, I had never actually seen one. I am now making 20K/year, I have sponsored a grand total of 5 people and do not typically spend more than 10 hours per week. I do see things, and am able to think critically about them. So I am going to post on some of those, good and bad.

I for one am not a sheep. This seems to be the main argument of the anti-MLMers. “You’re all sheep” baaaaaa. Well, I am not, and I can think for myself. But I do know exactly what GoneNow and some of the others are talking about. There certainly are people who came from MLM backgrounds and act like it. Perhaps I am lucky living where I do...but in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that is not how things are done. I can not speak for other parts of the country.

GoneNow has spoken about some confusion in IBV...it's funny because I made that same mistake. I initially thought $1 on the credit card would = 1 IBV. But when I took the time to read the actual documentation on it, and go to training where they explained it... .01 was pretty obvious. But the reason I thought 1 = 1 had nothing to do with Market America...I compared it to my Northwest miles card. That was MY mistake. It took me a while to figure it out...and to me this example sounds like it could very easily just be an honest misunderstanding.
    Granted your upline gave you incorrect information...how is that Market America's fault? AND, how does that make Market America a scam? Everything coming from corporate was very clearly laid out. Maybe the people you knew were jerks and liars. I do not know…but this is a pretty weak example in my opinion.

GoneNow has eluded to many other problems...I for one would like to hear them. Not to simply refute them…but to address them. Maybe the company has done bad things. It would be the first I have heard…but I am willing to take a serious look at it. Let's address all of these issues and figure out if this is really a systemic company issue, or just a few people or a group of people being unethical.

BV vs. IBV. There are already several products where you can choose between BV and IBV. With others there is no choice. The math gets very important here. As far as I am aware, Market America is the only binary company to make the compensation plan work properly for the long term. I know Usana is a binary (I have never seen their plan), but last I heard they had to slash their pay plan so it would not implode. Market America has never once had that issue because they work with several auditors who check the compensation plan to make sure it always remains viable. That is of huge importance.

Some products may not work in the BV compensation plan, so they get placed in the IBV compensation plan. Is Market America protecting itself, absolutely? They don’t want to go out of business, just like we don’t want them to go out of business. Both the company and the distributors must make money to be successful. Right? The pendulum can not swing too far in either direction.
    To me, that makes Market America more solid and secure...not more of a scam. I think that is a very good thing.

I have heard of people playing volume games...That is not a good thing. I have never witnessed it. But people getting distributors waaay down in their group to purchase a load of product for them. That is specifically prohibited. Market America does track that and looks for specific payout values. If you are caught you can be kicked out of the company.
    I think that's awesome. Kick the cheaters out. Is Market America a scam because some people try that stuff? Nope...those specific people are liars and will be caught.

The requirements Market America has are in place for legal reasons specifically because of the actual scams out there that did screw people. I actually wish the requirements were stricter and the price was higher. Then people would take things more seriously. By the way, voicemail and quite a few of the monthly things are not requirements…they are optional. I think they are absolutely vital to be successful…but I do not understand how they suppress any creativity. I need that one explained.

I do know of people who in my opinion build and built this business incorrectly. I call the them "old-line MLMers". They slam people in and it is sink or swim time. That goes against Market Americas published materials...but it does happen. Do I work with them...no. I even know a few people like that in my upline. I don't work with them either.
    That's the great thing about this business, at least in my area. I can always work with cross line people. I do that all the time because we enjoy working with each other. And because we are a working binary...As a binary I am not desperate to find people. That is why I chose Market America vs. an MLM. Every MLMer I have ever known was completely desperate. I don't see that as much with Market America.

But while some people do things in a manner I do not agree with...does that make the company a scam. NO. Those people can think for themselves and do what they want. And they do. Just like I do. As for duplication...that is obviously very important in any network marketing. People need to be able to follow the path laid out, it can’t be too complicated or tedious. I use the company provided materials. I just make sure that everything I do is simple and easy so anyone can follow me if they wish. That's what being a leader is about.

One thing I have seen in my area is an ego thing. This one is pretty funny too. I do know several people on my team who have either left their jobs, or been fired from their jobs. And then say they are retired. And they stay "retired" for about a month...and then realize it's time to eat crow and go get a job. What do I do…I openly laugh at them and let them know they made a very stupid decision.

Again I ask you...how does that make the company a scam? JR actually openly speaks about NOT being stupid with your money...I think this qualifies as being stupid with your money. And what exactly can the company do to prevent liars from doing this? Not much. It is not like JR himself is going to come down here and check everyone’s personal finances before they are allowed to retire.

Now, can I understand how these types of things could get old and frustrating? Yes I do. I even understand how the trainings could get old. I am a professional and don't especially enjoy the music selection or some of the idiots I see at leadership or convention. The reason I go is simple...in my eyes, it is the price I have to pay to get what I want. Everything has a price...for me the events are my price. There are 20 total days per year I need to be at. Seminars, and conventions.

If you have more issues, let's get them out in the open and address them specifically. Lets not be so vague any more.

I apologize for the length of this post. That's part of the reason for a new thread.

Re: ***NEW*** Market America Thread

Tell me something...when a friend approaches me to buy from them, one of the reasons is "why buy from a big company when you can buy from me???...after all they are just big money corporations...blah...blah...blah..."

How is buying from my friend, who marks his product just the same.....any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Tell me something...when a friend approaches me to buy from them, one of the reasons is "why buy from a big company when you can buy from me???...after all they are just big money corporations...blah...blah...blah..."

How is buying from my friend, who marks his product just the same.....any different?
    I think the MLM trainers out there would tell you simply that the difference is that you would be helping your friend build his/her business rather than just passing money on to a big corporation. At least that's what I was taught to say.

That would be a small part of it open question.

My answer would revolve more around common distribution models. We all know there are middlemen, and they mark the product up as it goes along the trend. Between that and advertising, it is very expensive to get a product on any store shelf. In fact many companies spend more on advertising and distribution than they do creating the product itself. As I recall, beer and shoes are examples of this.

I can not speak to any other companies products. But with Market America you are getting a better product at a better price. If you wish to dispute that fact, find me a product you wish to compare. We'll use OPC-3 as an example since that is the most recognizable product.

Find me a competitors product, get me the brand name, the price at which it is sold the end consumer, and then give me the quality control procedures it goes through.

I work in the pharmaceutical industry, so if you don't think quality is important...I will be sure to keep you in mind the next time we do a full product recall because of some product contamination. How many people get to die before a recall occurs...ever think about that? I get to all the time. I can try to ship you some of this cheaper product if you wish.

Here is what to look for in terms of quality as a starting point for comparison...I am typing this verbatim from our product brochures...so it is published. And any of you are certainly welcome to take this brochure to the FDA. We can discuss that privately. I am sure they will say we are good to go...since it has already been scrutinized.

I will not put everything in this list...it's too long. (Please forgive any typos)
    ----------
    1. Approvals and certifications
    -GMP "A Rating" (NNFA)
    - GMP audits by independent auditors
    - US Pharmacopia standards (USP)

2. Chemical Analysis
    - High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): for accurate quantative analysis of ingredients.
    -Spectrometer: for positive of identification fingerprinting of incoming raw materials.

3. Physical analysis(consistency and uniformity)
    Determination of tablet weight, hardness, thickness, and friability as well as tap density and particle size of powders.
    -Tablet Dissolution/Disintigration: to ensure conformity with USP specs.

4. Microbiological Analysis (purity)
    USP specifications.

Please...find me a product that at GNC, Health Hut, or on the web that matches that...and then get me the label. We can do a full blown price/value comparison down to the last ingredient. I am willing to bet money you will not find a product to compare. That is why our price is fair. Is it marked up, yes...but less than a product you will find on the shelves.
    I am not out here recruiting. I would not take anyone off this website even if they paid me. I am simply here defending, so the burden of proof is with the planitiff (you). Find me a product and I will do the comparison openly so everone can see the numbers. Are there products that can compare to this one, yes. But you do not have access to them. Neither does the average joe.

And for those of you talking about a sugar argument with the isotonix. The amount of sugar in the isotonix line of products is the equivilant of roughly 4 grapes. Most diabetics can safely take these products as long as they are careful with their diet. Which they should be anyway. (Always speak to your doctor before starting or stopping anything.)

This is not a magic product or a magic potion. It is a very powerful combination of ingredients that are scientifically proven to help with many conditions. I have Crohns disease, OPC-3 and two other products put it into remission after about 8 weeks. No drug on the market, no wal-mart or GNC product ever came close to doing that. It's been over 2 years...so the placebo effect has worn off by now. But I am still leading a normal life, and that is all that matters to me.

You can find the ingredients from OPC-3 listed in medical journals if you wish to know how well accepted they are becoming. I happen to have a subscription to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. If you wish to talk intelligently on this topic, you either need an education in medicine, a dieticians background...or you need to start reading. Take your pick. But I will not do your homework for you.

Are there any other questions or points you would like to address?

And if you wish to address this one further, please have specific documentation and proof ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy
    I can not speak to any other companies products. But with Market America you are getting a better product at a better price. If you wish to dispute that fact, find me a product you wish to compare. We'll use OPC-3 as an example since that is the most recognizable product.
    Find me a competitors product, get me the brand name, the price at which it is sold the end consumer, and then give me the quality control procedures it goes through.
    I for one would LOVE to see such a detailed comparison just out of curiosity. But I'm not going to offer up any products because I simply don't do vitamins of any kind, actually, and wouldn't know what to offer up. But if there are any regular GNC folks out there, I would love to see the gauntlet thrown down on this challenge. It would be fascinating to read!

I work in the pharmaceutical industry, so if you don't think quality is important...I will be sure to keep you in mind the next time we do a full product recall because of some product contamination. How many people get to die before a recall occurs...ever think about that? I get to all the time. I can try to ship you some of this cheaper product if you wish.
    Naturally, quality of product is KEY in the pharmaceutical industry. But are MarketAmerica's products actually approved by the FDA, or are they "non-pharmaceutials" that do not have to go through the approval process as all regulated drugs must? I honestly don't know. You had a lot of "drug talk" in your response, that unfortunately doesn't mean a lot to a layman like me. It sounded great, but what do I know of this stuff?

Find me a product and I will do the comparison openly so everone can see the numbers. Are there products that can compare to this one, yes. But you do not have access to them. Neither does the average joe.
    Again, that would be very educational, and I sure hope someone who buys this stuff takes you up on it so we can all enjoy the comparison and learn from it.

You can find the ingredients from OPC-3 listed in medical journals if you wish to know how well accepted they are becoming. I happen to have a subscription to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. If you wish to talk intelligently on this topic, you either need an education in medicine, a dieticians background...or you need to start reading. Take your pick. But I will not do your homework for you.
    Good point, and actually, that's why I would never want to SELL these products. I don't have an education in medicine or a dieticians background and don't intend to get one, and hence, I would consider it unwise for me to get involved in marketing any product I don't fully understand. I don't know how people can do it with a clear conscience without KNOWING this stuff inside and out. I wouldn't sleep nights.

I welcome your responce to the following; This is editted from an earlier post that I made concerning Isotonx products. And by the way the FDA has no controle over these products as they are not under thier jurisdiction being classified as a food product, that may change in the future if the Pharmasutical companys have thier way.

"I'm sure you would all agree that the supplement products are not cheap. Market America Vitamins and supplements are advertized as Quality products made from the finest ingredients that can be obtained. We measure our doesage by using the cap as a measuring device. Each cap is equal to 3.33 grams. Now lets take a look at the label on the bottle to see what is in the 3.33 gram dosage, and lets use OPC-3 as our example.

Grape Seed Extract 25 mg
    Red Wine Extract 25 mg
    Pine Bark Extract 25 mg
    Bilberry Extract 25 mg
    Citrus Extract 25 mg
    Potassium (Bicarbonate) 93 mg

The above ingredients are are*the ones that contribute to OPC-3s antioxidant properties except for the potassium bicarbonate which is added to add fizz to the drink when mixed with water. If you add up the total of the above active ingredients and leave out the bicarbonate you find that the total is 125 mg of antioxidant ingredients. The cap full measures:
    3.33 grams which is equal to:
    3,330 mg now subtract the active antioxidant ingredients:
    - 125 mg and what you end up with is:
    3,205 mg of cheap fillers
    most of which is just sugar in the forms of fructose, glucose, and moltodextrin.

Now lets apply a little of the above information to how that would in real life effect a person with diabetes. It is a fact that approximately. 25% of the adult population is diabetic and this number is growing, and the question arises will these sugars effect the blood sugar of a diabetic. Well wheather you personally think that it will or not you have an ethical obligation to inform any potential customer that the Vitamins and supplements that you are showing them is made predominantly of sugar, this is only fair. If you hide this information from them shame on you, you could be seriously putting their future health in a bad situation , the call is not yours to make it is theirs. Look at how most of us take our Isotonic supplements, as a morning cocktail, we combined them in a large glass mixed all together and drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach it receive the maximum benefit from it. Dennis Franks loves to tell all of us at the conventions how good and healthy his morning isotonic cocktail is and I used to do the same thing every morning. But if you are diabetic this can be a very risky way to start the day. Here is the way I would mix my cocktail each morning;
    2 caps OPC-3
    2 caps of multitech
    1 cap of ORAC
    1 cap of Calcium Plus
    1 cap of B12
    1 cap of Q10
    Total grams of supplements 26.64 grams
    Total grams of sugar going directly into my blood 16+ grams
    Now this is not the same as eating a few grapes is it? No matter how you cut it this is not the way a diabetic should start the day, and after my blood sugars went very high every morning I stopped and I no longer take any of these products and my blood sugar is back right where it should be. I happen to know a little bit about this as I am diabetic. Be a good person and fully inform your present as well as future customers what they are really putting into there bodys.

The two caps of OPC-3 is recommened for the first 7 to 10 days per 150 lbs. of body wieght and then 1 cap per day there after. My doctor recommended the 2 caps of the multitech as he thought that was a bit light on certain vitamins.

The products are not FDA approved...however Market America is currently considering taking several of our products through clinical trials. They may have already started.

I am against it because the FDA is all but meaningless. In my opinion, the FDA is good at only one thing. Checking quality, purity, and efficacy. They have repeatedly proven with pharmaceuticals that they are not very good at keeping the consumer safe. (Vioxx, Tysabri)

Viagra killed several hundred people in 2003, Ephedra killed less than 20. (I am almost positive on those numbers.) Viagra is a feel good product (literally)that MUST be perscribed by a doctor. Ephedra was quite effective in helping obese people. Most ephedra based weight loss suppliments have less ephedra than childrens caugh syrup...and most of the people that were hurt took the product improperly. The two athletes specifically.

That is a personal opinion based on my experience in the pharmaceutical industry. But...what is a more important health problem in this country??? Being obese or getting a hard-on. hmmmmmm. Which one is the biggest pharamaceutical to ever hit the market, and at the time the fastes drug to ever pass through trials. You guessed it, Viagra. But ephedra is natural and can not be patented. Interesting...

Elan pharmaceuticals was almost going out of business. One single product determined their future. (Tysabri)
    Somehow it managed to pass through FDA trials. As I watched. It also managed to kill several people and be fully recalled within months.

Money talks...pharmaceuticals are the biggest game in washington, and they control how it works.

By the way, the company has trainings to teach about the products. But I have to agree, it does not sound like health and nutrition is your cup of tea.
    To address that specific point, that is why MA is a brokerage. We offer many lines of products and services. Great point by the way.

GoneNow, I will address your post later. I saw it late and I have to get some work done here.

That is a personal opinion based on my experience in the pharmaceutical industry. But...what is a more important health problem in this country??? Being obese or getting a hard-on. hmmmmmm.
    Guess that depends on whether you're fat or impotent! :)

Money talks...pharmaceuticals are the biggest game in washington, and they control how it works.
    Sad, but I'm sure true.

By the way, the company has trainings to teach about the products. But I have to agree, it does not sound like health and nutrition is your cup of tea. To address that specific point, that is why MA is a brokerage. We offer many lines of products and services. Great point by the way.
    No, apparently the entire industry is not my cup of tea at this time. The only industry that could possibly contain more phonies and bull****ters would have to be the acting profession. Just my own personal observation.

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    Guess that depends on whether you're fat or impotent! :)

Sad, but I'm sure true.

No, apparently the entire industry is not my cup of tea at this time. The only industry that could possibly contain more phonies and bull****ters would have to be the acting profession. Just my own personal observation.
    That was funny! :D

The products are not FDA approved...however Market America is currently considering taking several of our products through clinical trials. They may have already started.

I am against it because the FDA is all but meaningless. In my opinion, the FDA is good at only one thing. Checking quality, purity, and efficacy. They have repeatedly proven with pharmaceuticals that they are not very good at keeping the consumer safe. (Vioxx, Tysabri)

Viagra killed several hundred people in 2003, Ephedra killed less than 20. (I am almost positive on those numbers.) Viagra is a feel good product (literally)that MUST be perscribed by a doctor. Ephedra was quite effective in helping obese people. Most ephedra based weight loss suppliments have less ephedra than childrens caugh syrup...and most of the people that were hurt took the product improperly. The two athletes specifically.

That is a personal opinion based on my experience in the pharmaceutical industry. But...what is a more important health problem in this country??? Being obese or getting a hard-on. hmmmmmm. Which one is the biggest pharamaceutical to ever hit the market, and at the time the fastes drug to ever pass through trials. You guessed it, Viagra. But ephedra is natural and can not be patented. Interesting...

Elan pharmaceuticals was almost going out of business. One single product determined their future. (Tysabri)
    Somehow it managed to pass through FDA trials. As I watched. It also managed to kill several people and be fully recalled within months.

By the way, the company has trainings to teach about the products. But I have to agree, it does not sound like health and nutrition is your cup of tea.
    To address that specific point, that is why MA is a brokerage. We offer many lines of products and services. Great point by the way.
    I totally agree with your observations Beachboy...the FDAs track record is not very good and that whole issue with Ephedra was totally blow out of proportion...but I don't think that they will stop there, my guess is that it is only the beginning in the Nutra Suppliment area...we'll see.

That would be a small part of it open question.

My answer would revolve more around common distribution models. We all know there are middlemen, and they mark the product up as it goes along the trend. Between that and advertising, it is very expensive to get a product on any store shelf. In fact many companies spend more on advertising and distribution than they do creating the product itself. As I recall, beer and shoes are examples of this.

Here is what to look for in terms of quality as a starting point for comparison...I am typing this verbatim from our product brochures...so it is published. And any of you are certainly welcome to take this brochure to the FDA. We can discuss that privately. I am sure they will say we are good to go...since it has already been scrutinized.

I will not put everything in this list...it's too long. (Please forgive any typos)
    ----------
    1. Approvals and certifications
    -GMP "A Rating" (NNFA)
    - GMP audits by independent auditors
    - US Pharmacopia standards (USP)

2. Chemical Analysis
    - High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC): for accurate quantative analysis of ingredients.
    -Spectrometer: for positive of identification fingerprinting of incoming raw materials.

3. Physical analysis(consistency and uniformity)
    Determination of tablet weight, hardness, thickness, and friability as well as tap density and particle size of powders.
    -Tablet Dissolution/Disintigration: to ensure conformity with USP specs.

4. Microbiological Analysis (purity)
    USP specifications.

Please...find me a product that at GNC, Health Hut, or on the web that matches that...and then get me the label. We can do a full blown price/value comparison down to the last ingredient. I am willing to bet money you will not find a product to compare. That is why our price is fair. Is it marked up, yes...but less than a product you will find on the shelves.
    I am not out here recruiting. I would not take anyone off this website even if they paid me. I am simply here defending, so the burden of proof is with the planitiff (you). Find me a product and I will do the comparison openly so everone can see the numbers. Are there products that can compare to this one, yes. But you do not have access to them. Neither does the average joe.

And for those of you talking about a sugar argument with the isotonix. The amount of sugar in the isotonix line of products is the equivilant of roughly 4 grapes. Most diabetics can safely take these products as long as they are careful with their diet. Which they should be anyway. (Always speak to your doctor before starting or stopping anything.)

This is not a magic product or a magic potion. It is a very powerful combination of ingredients that are scientifically proven to help with many conditions. I have Crohns disease, OPC-3 and two other products put it into remission after about 8 weeks. No drug on the market, no wal-mart or GNC product ever came close to doing that. It's been over 2 years...so the placebo effect has worn off by now. But I am still leading a normal life, and that is all that matters to me.

Are there any other questions or points you would like to address?

And if you wish to address this one further, please have specific documentation and proof ready.
    I don't believe any pharmaceuticals help anybody when it comes to prevention of disease or sickness. I would only ever use drugs if I was in an accident or in another life threatening situation that required people to save my life. I think it's sad when we see vaccines or immunizations that do not work ( most of the people that get the shots are always the ones to get sick first too) Let's look at the Vioxx for one example. How about the lawsuits against Mercury contamination ?(thimerosal) they kept all this stuff hidden, suppressed the truth until things got bad enough that they were forced to withdraw these toxins. At least you are making an effort to go to a more natural side of things ( I assume they use herbs? I haven't researched MA so until I do, I will decline to comment any further on that company)

To get rid of Chrohn's I would suggest a colon cleanse as well. Wouldn't hurt to do a parasite cleanse as well. Stay away from as much acidic type foods as possible as the parasites love an acidic environment. This includes dairy, meat, sugar. Pork is the worst meat to eat because even at the highest temperature you can burn it too, the parasites survive. Hope this helps you to get rid of Chrohn's. People that have had it got rid of it doing colon cleanses and keeping thier body more alkaline by eating live enzyme foods (fruits, vegetables, etc) a lot of the foods we eat have no fibre or nutrition in them. Lack of drinking 2 liters of water a day also contributes to fecal matter building up in the colon. Too much of a fecal buildup in the colon also prevents a person from assimilating vitamins and minerals as the intestines is where we absorb these nutrients. Death can truly begin in the colon. Good that your product put it in remission. Now attack it and get rid of it before it ever comes back.
    PS. Try to limit coffee, sodas, caffeine drinks , alcohol etc as this dehydrates your body. In this case if you do consume a lot of the above and drink very little water, that is why you got Chrohn's in the first place. Drink lots of water bud, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    To get rid of Chrohn's I would suggest a colon cleanse as well. Wouldn't hurt to do a parasite cleanse as well. Stay away from as much acidic type foods as possible as the parasites love an acidic environment. This includes dairy, meat, sugar. Pork is the worst meat to eat because even at the highest temperature you can burn it too, the parasites survive. Hope this helps you to get rid of Chrohn's. People that have had it got rid of it doing colon cleanses and keeping thier body more alkaline by eating live enzyme foods (fruits, vegetables, etc) a lot of the foods we eat have no fibre or nutrition in them. Lack of drinking 2 liters of water a day also contributes to fecal matter building up in the colon. Too much of a fecal buildup in the colon also prevents a person from assimilating vitamins and minerals as the intestines is where we absorb these nutrients. Death can truly begin in the colon. Good that your product put it in remission. Now attack it and get rid of it before it ever comes back.
    PS. Try to limit coffee, sodas, caffeine drinks , alcohol etc as this dehydrates your body. In this case if you do consume a lot of the above and drink very little water, that is why you got Chrohn's in the first place. Drink lots of water bud, keep up the good work!
    After reading that response, I now officially want to kill myself. Oy vay!!! ;)

Rawb,

Thank you for your reply, but I suggest you limit your advice to what you know by fact to be true. While I completely agree with your advice...currently crohns disease has no known cause or cure.

So to say that I got crohns disease because of diet is irresponsible. There are many factors including genetics, diet, bacterial infections etc that can be potential causes. There is actually a theory with regards to cows milk being one of the factors. Humans are supposed to be lactose intolerant after early childhood.

Currently my doctors feel that my crohns may have had something to do with heavy doses of ibuprofen and antibiotics. Combine that with a genetic predisposition to the disease and BAM. Crohns. But since the cause of crohns is not known, and it is considered an auto-immune disorder similar to MS...no one really knows.

PS. I have done multiple colon cleanses but be very careful suggesting that to someone with CD. Many people with the disease have trouble with fiber.

Currently my doctors feel that my crohns may have had something to do with heavy doses of ibuprofen and antibiotics. Combine that with a genetic predisposition to the disease and BAM. Crohns. But since the cause of crohns is not known, and it is considered an auto-immune disorder similar to MS...no one really knows.
    Crohn's is a tough one, as are all thsoe auto-immune diseases. I wish you the best with that. Friend of mine has it, and she struggles with it mightily. I had no idea that heavy doeses of ibuprofen might cause it. If you don't mind my asking, how much ibuprofen were you taking? I am a pretty regular user of that.