+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bush Approval Ratings Headed Up

President Bush, his job approval rating beleaguered by poor marks in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, rebounded from historic lows this summer to 45% in Zogby International's latest poll. The president's job approval numbers bumped back up into the range where they have hovered for most of his second term.

The survey also found that, while voters do not give the President passing marks on his handling of the Iraq War, half (50%) believe the recently-passed Iraqi constitution is a major step in the right direction for the strife-torn nation that will lead to peace and democracy. Meanwhile, 37% believe Iraq is on the brink of a civil war.

The Zogby America telephone poll of 1005 likely voters, conducted from October 19 through 21, 2005, has a margin of error of +/-3.2 percentage points.

President Bush's overall job approval is up, and a 52% majority of voters hold a favorable opinion of him.

As predicted...and regardless of what happens this week, he will continue to strengthen, much to the chagrin of many.

Re: Bush Approval Ratings Headed Up

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    President Bush, his job approval rating beleaguered by poor marks in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, rebounded from historic lows this summer to 45% in Zogby International's latest poll. The president's job approval numbers bumped back up into the range where they have hovered for most of his second term.

The survey also found that, while voters do not give the President passing marks on his handling of the Iraq War, half (50%) believe the recently-passed Iraqi constitution is a major step in the right direction for the strife-torn nation that will lead to peace and democracy. Meanwhile, 37% believe Iraq is on the brink of a civil war.

The Zogby America telephone poll of 1005 likely voters, conducted from October 19 through 21, 2005, has a margin of error of +/-3.2 percentage points.

President Bush's overall job approval is up, and a 52% majority of voters hold a favorable opinion of him.

As predicted...and regardless of what happens this week, he will continue to strengthen, much to the chagrin of many.

Hahahahahaha, give me a break.

BahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHA!

tommywho70x Guest

pwrone, this poll is pure crap; 1005 people polled over the telephone? hahahahahahahahahahaha RANDOM sample.wav(IBM Voice Center.net/boulder.co.us)

Microsoft BizTalkServer(sample.jpg)[My Pictures]Netscape[Security Handbook]goof=ok?

DmHKEY DELL DiamondmmVoiceViewModem dmssa50/dmssa70/hehheh!(VIAAUDIO.SYS)
    UART 16550 XON | XOFF UNIX.EXE[Not Responding]Modem error: 630(USR1.5699X1)
    hayesmodem.inf(oh? Reel E Exclude = JUNO WhoIs My Site SUPERVISOR Yahoo! to:->)

Sorry, I had to get that out. I could barely contain it.

Anyway, it seems like you're cherry picking your stats, trying to turn a 2% upswing in what could possibly be the LOWEST approval ratings ever (or at least the worst I've ever seen) into some sort of reversal. Good grief.

Anyway, here's some more info on that Zogby poll:

http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1031

And, for a more well-rounded approach (Some consider Zogby's poll methods questionable, especially in his Internet polls, which are based entirely upon a self-selected body of respondents), here are a bunch of different polls:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

I think they pretty much spell it out for Bush.

"Gee whiz, he went up a point! things are on the rebound!!" You're absolutely deluding yourself. Wait until about November 2nd for those indictments to start rolling in. Wait for Miers to not get the SCOTUS position and start spilling the beans. It's a hilarious time to be a non-Republican.

tommywho70x Guest

< sqrt-1+800-IMAGINE!(At&t)mLife(SBC)T-mobile(YHOO)Alert:/LOW pwrone @@@@@@
    > Geo.Washington+CherryTREE call cf=www Plus![]g-us-ascii.tlb[]YELLOW~1,0,0,5,,,;?
    AaAaAaA - ZzZzZzZoology/Botany Top seed@ripco.com+$Chicago's oldest and most trusted ISP BUDDY LISTSERV20% "Sax Therapy" suggests gopher://gopher.us.microsoft.com/sdf.lonestar.org [DALnet]Telnet 23 O.K. gophercentral.com "Startup program None"Free Unix Brain Donor Cards Mainsoft, Inc.DOT%1

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Sorry, I had to get that out. I could barely contain it.

Anyway, it seems like you're cherry picking your stats, trying to turn a 2% upswing in what could possibly be the LOWEST approval ratings ever (or at least the worst I've ever seen) into some sort of reversal. Good grief.

Anyway, here's some more info on that Zogby poll:

http://www.zogby.com/search/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1031

And, for a more well-rounded approach (Some consider Zogby's poll methods questionable, especially in his Internet polls, which are based entirely upon a self-selected body of respondents), here are a bunch of different polls:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

I think they pretty much spell it out for Bush.

"Gee whiz, he went up a point! things are on the rebound!!" You're absolutely deluding yourself. Wait until about November 2nd for those indictments to start rolling in. Wait for Miers to not get the SCOTUS position and start spilling the beans. It's a hilarious time to be a non-Republican.

Hilarious? I am not sure how proud I would be to be a part of the cheering section for some of the things we are witnessing today...both of these prosecutions stink to high heaven and anyone with any interest in fair play would give a nod in that direction. But don't worry, I am not expecting something from you or yours...I said anyone with an interest in fair play.

So I thought I would post a poll to counter the 10 or more Zogbys that have been posted here in the past...they were plenty 'reliable' then...LOL

Mark these words...it doesn't matter if meiers goes through...I hope she DOESN'T. We need to draw out the libs and examine very closely their 'positions' on different things--MANY different things. It is what they fear the most...being exposed in the daylight. ANY candidate who follows meiers will be wonderful for conservatives, just as these craven witchhunts have been a wake-up call for us. We will make our voices heard(already have)
    and help this president assert his position as the winner of consecutive elections and stop being nice to his opponents. This the problem with Bush...he is too nice a guy. He does not realize or react to how greasy and foul his opponents are...

Americans have repeatedly rejected the sick agenda of the left at the ballot box. There is no reason for Bush to pay any attention to their bleating...ever.

Hilarious? I am not sure how proud I would be to be a part of the cheering section for some of the things we are witnessing today...both of these prosecutions stink to high heaven and anyone with any interest in fair play would give a nod in that direction. But don't worry, I am not expecting something from you or yours...I said anyone with an interest in fair play.

So I thought I would post a poll to counter the 10 or more Zogbys that have been posted here in the past...they were plenty 'reliable' then...LOL

Mark these words...it doesn't matter if meiers goes through...I hope she DOESN'T. We need to draw out the libs and examine very closely their 'positions' on different things--MANY different things. It is what they fear the most...being exposed in the daylight. ANY candidate who follows meiers will be wonderful for conservatives, just as these craven witchhunts have been a wake-up call for us. We will make our voices heard(already have)
    and help this president assert his position as the winner of consecutive elections and stop being nice to his opponents. This the problem with Bush...he is too nice a guy. He does not realize or react to how greasy and foul his opponents are...

Americans have repeatedly rejected the sick agenda of the left at the ballot box. There is no reason for Bush to pay any attention to their bleating...ever.

Sigh. I think I'll probably just ignore most of that ad hominem attack nonsense and just point out that I, personally, would never just post some Zogby poll by itself and claim it evidence of anything.

Heck, you didn't even do that, you just picked the one number that best suited your purpose. Who's really afraid of what the light reveals?

Sigh. I think I'll probably just ignore most of that ad hominem attack nonsense and just point out that I, personally, would never just post some Zogby poll by itself and claim it evidence of anything.

Heck, you didn't even do that, you just picked the one number that best suited your purpose. Who's really afraid of what the light reveals?

Post cheap-shot crap about my personal life and you will be rewarded in kind...well, not quite...I have a line I don't cross.

tommywho70x Guest

Only one of those prosecutions stinks the way you would like it to be stinking; the stink on the CIA leak is emanating an awfully foul stench from the windows of the 'Executive Mansion' and all of the surrounding 'Executive Branch' office buildings irregardless of what kind of 'CIA EMPLOYEE.DBF/BADGE#('n')' Mrs. Wilson was and how much of a 'press prostitute' Ms. Miller may be.

Also, it's going to take a lot more than a rejection from a pet adoption agency to impeach the integrity of the prosecutor.

As for this poll, didn't you say something about working in the finance industry?
    Doesn't that require some complex statistical analyses?
    Do you know anything about random sampling or how difficult it is to keep such a small sample random?

Just from the get go, a sample pulled from telephone books is going to be biased on both ends of the socio-economic spectrum because of lack of phone listings by very poor people who have no phone and very wealthy people who tend toward not publishing their phone numbers.

this is utter nonsense, unless by the 'left' you mean communists:

the last thing a realistic person who is also president is going to do is ignore the 'bleating' of the opposition...ever.

it is far more likely that he would pay closer attention to what people are saying against his policies and procedures than suck-ups like you.

Post cheap-shot crap about my personal life and you will be rewarded in kind...well, not quite...I have a line I don't cross.

Haha. You're still bruised from that personal ad remark? In any case, figured I'd give you one below the belt because I recall you being pretty mean in that thread. Thought you could afford to be knocked down a peg. Or at least I thought you had thicker skin, or a sense of humor about yourself.

I ignore your ad hominem stuff (see, there's "ignore" and "reply with mad frothing"... different, yes?) because there's no way to deal with it without 3 pages of your irate rants and stereotyping of every mindset, philosophy or political stance you don't personally understand.

: )

i guess your avatar does all the "crossing" for you!?when you gonna go to the "cross" yourself!?sorry if i seem "kross" with you!!and i have to ask,what's your fav vampire movie!?:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

I went to the zogby poll: http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

There doesn't seem to be any approval ratings going that I can see. He's still in the red. In fact, the highest approval stats came from FOX and that was in September. LOL, why am I not surprised?

Here, I think this is probably just as accurate: ;)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in924485.shtml

Poll: Bush Ratings Hit New Low
    NEW YORK, Oct. 6, 2005

(CBS) This CBS News Poll finds an American public increasingly pessimistic about the economy, the war in Iraq, the overall direction of the country, and the president. Americans' outlook for the economy is the worst it has been in four years. Most expect the price of gas to rise even further in the next few months.

A growing number of Americans want U.S. troops to leave Iraq as soon as possible, rather than stay the course, and the highest percentage ever thinks the United States should have stayed out of Iraq. When given a set of options for paying for rebuilding the hurricane-racked Gulf Coast, only one taking money from the Iraq War gets majority support.

President Bush's overall job approval rating has reached the lowest ever measured in this poll, and evaluations of his handling of Iraq, the economy and even his signature issue, terrorism, are also at all-time lows. More Americans than at any time since he took office think he does not share their priorities.

The public's concerns affect their view of the state of the country. Sixty-nine percent of Americans say things in the United States are pretty seriously off on the wrong track the highest number since CBS News started asking the question in 1983. Today, just 26 percent say things are going in the right direction.

DIRECTION OF THE COUNTRY

Right direction
    Now
    26%

Wrong track
    Now
    69%

Majorities of the public have consistently said the U.S. is off on the wrong track since January 2004. In May 2004, shortly after the Abu Ghraib prison scandal came to light, 65 percent were negative. In November 1994, just as Republicans took control of both houses of Congress for the first time in decades, 6 percent of Americans said the country was off on the wrong track.

PRESIDENT BUSH

President Bush's job approval rating has fallen to his lowest rating ever. 37 percent now approve of the job he is doing as president, while 58 percent disapprove. Those in his own party are still overwhelmingly positive about his performance (nearly 80 percent approve), but the president receives little support from either Democrats or Independents. And while views of President Bush have lately not changed much among Republicans or Democrats, his approval rating among Independents has dropped 11 points since just last month, from 40 percent to 29 percent now.

PRESIDENT BUSH'S JOB APPROVAL
    Approve
    All
    37%
    Reps.
    79%
    Dems.
    14%
    Inds.
    29%

Disapprove
    All
    58%
    Reps.
    13%
    Dems.
    84%
    Inds.
    64%

President Bush also receives his lowest ratings ever on his handling of the economy and Iraq, with only a third approving of either. Here as well, there has been a drop in approval among Independents since last month in both of those areas, although his ratings among Independents were low last month as well.

PRES. BUSH JOB APPROVALS

Overall
    Now
    37%
    9/2005
    41%

Terrorism
    Now
    46%
    9/2005
    50%

Iraq
    Now
    32%
    9/2005
    36%

Economy
    Now
    32%
    9/2005
    35%

And for the first time in this poll, fewer than half the public approves of the way he is handling the campaign against terrorism. 46 percent now approve, but 46 percent disapprove.

Since earlier this year, the President has been viewed as out of touch with Americans. Only 32 percent now think he shares their priorities for the country, while twice as many think he does not. At earlier points in his presidency, more Americans felt he shared their goals.

I think you get the picture. Everything is going down, down, down.

Lady Mod

Zogby is the clear leader when it comes to accuracy. Just look at the last 3 Presidential elections. Zogby has been dead-on. Another thing, Zogby is the only pollster that continuously does polling. Most others do it right after something percieved as bad news for Bush. That should tell you something about their "unbiased" polls.

Just input for everyone to enjoy. :)

tommywho70x Guest

That should more properly read "Just an opinion for statisticians to snicker atz:atdt:"
    New post Unknown None blow hard SCAM.COM+Username*:*Raider
    DAC Type: ATT or Clonewild?(*.*) No.Please and Thank You, Goodbye! click[1]*.scf('x')

Zogby's methodology is a joke.PERIOD (IBM Research & Developers:KODAK.PRF\...; "?")

A CBS News poll conducted over the Internet can't possibly be unbiased either.

So what have Gallup and Pew put out lately?

They are the pros that set the standards and don't have any "Web Axes" in need of a whetstone.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I went to the zogby poll: http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

There doesn't seem to be any approval ratings going that I can see. He's still in the red. In fact, the highest approval stats came from FOX and that was in September. LOL, why am I not surprised?

Here, I think this is probably just as accurate: ;)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in924485.shtml

Poll: Bush Ratings Hit New Low
    NEW YORK, Oct. 6, 2005

(CBS) This CBS News Poll finds an American public increasingly pessimistic about the economy, the war in Iraq, the overall direction of the country, and the president. Americans' outlook for the economy is the worst it has been in four years. Most expect the price of gas to rise even further in the next few months.

A growing number of Americans want U.S. troops to leave Iraq as soon as possible, rather than stay the course, and the highest percentage ever thinks the United States should have stayed out of Iraq. When given a set of options for paying for rebuilding the hurricane-racked Gulf Coast, only one taking money from the Iraq War gets majority support.

President Bush's overall job approval rating has reached the lowest ever measured in this poll, and evaluations of his handling of Iraq, the economy and even his signature issue, terrorism, are also at all-time lows. More Americans than at any time since he took office think he does not share their priorities.

The public's concerns affect their view of the state of the country. Sixty-nine percent of Americans say things in the United States are pretty seriously off on the wrong track the highest number since CBS News started asking the question in 1983. Today, just 26 percent say things are going in the right direction.

DIRECTION OF THE COUNTRY

Right direction
    Now
    26%

Wrong track
    Now
    69%

Majorities of the public have consistently said the U.S. is off on the wrong track since January 2004. In May 2004, shortly after the Abu Ghraib prison scandal came to light, 65 percent were negative. In November 1994, just as Republicans took control of both houses of Congress for the first time in decades, 6 percent of Americans said the country was off on the wrong track.

PRESIDENT BUSH

President Bush's job approval rating has fallen to his lowest rating ever. 37 percent now approve of the job he is doing as president, while 58 percent disapprove. Those in his own party are still overwhelmingly positive about his performance (nearly 80 percent approve), but the president receives little support from either Democrats or Independents. And while views of President Bush have lately not changed much among Republicans or Democrats, his approval rating among Independents has dropped 11 points since just last month, from 40 percent to 29 percent now.

PRESIDENT BUSH'S JOB APPROVAL
    Approve
    All
    37%
    Reps.
    79%
    Dems.
    14%
    Inds.
    29%

Disapprove
    All
    58%
    Reps.
    13%
    Dems.
    84%
    Inds.
    64%

President Bush also receives his lowest ratings ever on his handling of the economy and Iraq, with only a third approving of either. Here as well, there has been a drop in approval among Independents since last month in both of those areas, although his ratings among Independents were low last month as well.

PRES. BUSH JOB APPROVALS

Overall
    Now
    37%
    9/2005
    41%

Terrorism
    Now
    46%
    9/2005
    50%

Iraq
    Now
    32%
    9/2005
    36%

Economy
    Now
    32%
    9/2005
    35%

And for the first time in this poll, fewer than half the public approves of the way he is handling the campaign against terrorism. 46 percent now approve, but 46 percent disapprove.

Since earlier this year, the President has been viewed as out of touch with Americans. Only 32 percent now think he shares their priorities for the country, while twice as many think he does not. At earlier points in his presidency, more Americans felt he shared their goals.

I think you get the picture. Everything is going down, down, down.

Lady Mod

This poll is 3 weeks old...I guess that is why I posted the new one.

Haha. You're still bruised from that personal ad remark? In any case, figured I'd give you one below the belt because I recall you being pretty mean in that thread. Thought you could afford to be knocked down a peg. Or at least I thought you had thicker skin, or a sense of humor about yourself.
    I ignore your ad hominem stuff (see, there's "ignore" and "reply with mad frothing"... different, yes?) because there's no way to deal with it without 3 pages of your irate rants and stereotyping of every mindset, philosophy or political stance you don't personally understand.

: )

A classic post...see how it is my fault that you made nasty comments about my personal life? I would never do it to you or anyone...just because I expect it from you doesn't mean I like it.