+ Reply to Thread

Has To Be A Scam -- Email I Received

This has to be a scam. I know it says in the email not to share this with third parties, give me a break....

here is the email i received:

Date: 2005/10/24 Mon PM 03:21:04 EDT
    Subject: NOTIFICATION FOR CASH AID

Fondazion Di Vittorio

Foundation's Officer,
    Fondazion Di Vittorio,
    ITALY.
    http://www.fondazionedivittorio.it

NOTIFICATION FOR CASH AID.

My Dear,

This is to notify you that you have been chosen By the Board of trustees of the above International charity organization based in the Italy as one of the final recipients of a Cash Grant/Donation for your own personal,education and business development

Fondazione Di Vittorio as established 1977 by the Multi-Million groups was conceived with the objective of Human Growth, Educational and Community development. In line with the 28 years anniversary program this year

The Vittorio Foundation in conjunction with the Economic community for West African States (ECOWAS) , United Nations Organization (UNO) and the European union (EU), is giving out a yearly donation of One Hundred Million United States Dollars as specific Donations/Grants to 150 lucky international recipients worldwide in different categories for their personal Business development and uplift of their educational plans. These funds are freely given to you to use for your business educational and personal development, and at least 15% to be used by you to develop a part of your environment, as this is a yearly program, which is a measure of universal development strategy, and eradication of poverty. The objective is to make a notable change in the standard of living of people in all around the Universe (From America to Europe, Asia to Africa, and all around). Do be informed that the vittorio foundation has been assured of highest organisation standard courtesy of the United Nations if we can achieve a great positive change in the general welfare of the universe through this program. that is why the foundation is doing everything possible to get all recipient notified of their donation.

Please kindly note that you are not the only beneficiary in your country this year, and your country is not the only country that is benefiting from this donation, as beneficiaries have been chosen from countries from all continents. The idea of this donation is that within ten years from now, there will be notable richness among many unusual people around the world. This will give many people the opportunity to get their lives to a stage where they had always wanted. Kindly note that you will only be chosen to receive the donation once, which means that subsequent yearly donation will not get to you again, so its your choice to spend the donation wisely on something that will last you a long time. And please do not bother following up this email, if you have benefited from this donation in previous years.

Based on the random selection exercise of internet websites and millions of Super market cash invoices worldwide you were selected among the lucky recipients to receive the award sum of US$850,000.00 (eight hundred and fifty thousand United states Dollars) as charity donations/aid from the Vittorio Foundation, EU and the UNO in accordance with the enabling act of Parliament. (note that your email was selected from either the internet, after absolute viewing of your profile or a Shop's cash invoice around your area in which you might have purchased something from).

You are required to expeditiously Contact the Executive Secretary below for qualification documentation and processing of your claims, between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on Monday through Sunday. On contact with this officer, you'll be given your donation pin number which you will use in collecting the funds. You are to contact back this email when you have collected your S$850,000.00. Please endeavor to quote your Qualification numbers (N-222-6747, E-900-56) in all discussions.

Executive Secretary- Mr. Ricardo Varanini Email:
    [email protected]

Do note that donation recipient outside Italy should contact Mr. Ricardo Varanini in this email ([email protected]) as only donation recipients in Italy can contact Mr. Ricardo in the official email ([email protected]) Because the email ([email protected]) do not accept emails from "ISP/s" Outside Italy.

Please note that this donations/Grants are strictly administered by "European Union (EU), Economic community for West African States (ECOWAS)," under delegated powers from the United Nations Organization (UNO). You are by all means hereby advised to keep this whole information confidential until you have been able to collect your donation, as there have been many cases of double and unqualified claim, due to beneficiaries informing third parties about his/her donation.

Finally, all funds should be claimed by their respective beneficiaries, not later that 15 days after notification, as failure to do so will be to that particular beneficiary cancelled and its donation reserved for next years recipients.

On behalf of the Board kindly accept our warmest congratulations

Yours faithfully,
    Mr. Gianni Mattioli.
    (Foundation officer)

© 2005 Vittorio Foundation. All rights reserved

Re: Has To Be A Scam -- Email I Received

Oh yes, it's just a warmed over version of the lottery scam.

But, interesting that they've used a real organisation as a cover. I guess they're thinking that you'll visit the site but not understand it, and not make contact with them.

do people still fall for this rubbish ?

M

People must fall for it, or they wouldn't still be sending them out. I feel for the ones who have or will...all i know is that i believe that what goes around comes around and all the dishonest twerps will get theirs in the end....

Have a great day all!!!

It doesn't require much of a response rate to make it worthwhile either.

So how do they take your money in this case?

I have scam email....What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by 1948Scam
    I have scam email....What should I do?
    Mr. Kelly Isidingo
    ABSA Bank Limited,
    Johannesburg, South Africa.
    E-mail address,[email protected]

Dear Sir,
    I am Mr. Kelly Isidingo
    manager of bills/exchange at the
    foreign remittance
    department of ABSA Bank. In my department, we
    discovered an
    abandoned sum of US$14,700,000.00 (Fourteen Million, Seven Hundred Thousand
    United State Dollars only) in an account that
    belonged to one of our
    foreign customers who died along with his entire
    family, on November
    1996, in a ghastly plane crash,and he happened to be a Foreigner. Since we
    got the
    information about his death,
    we have been expecting his next-of-kin to come over
    and claim his money
    because we can not release it unless somebody applied
    for it as next of
    kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our
    banking guidelines.
    Unfortunately, nobody has come forward to claim this
    money.

It is based on this that some officials in my
    department and I have
    decided to establish a cordial business relationship
    with you, hence by
    contacting you. We want you to present yourself as the
    next of kin
    through your relation with the deceased, so that the
    funds can be remitted
    into your account.

Moreover, we do not want the money to go into the
    government account as
    unclaimed bills. The banking law and guidelines here
    stipulates that
    any account abandoned or is dormant for a period of
    years, is deemed
    closed and all money contained therein forfeited to
    the government treasury
    account.

Now, it is being speculated that the above sum will be
    transferred into
    the government account as an unclaimed fund on or
    before the end of this financial quarter of 2005,
    when nobody come forward to lay claims. The reason for
    requesting you to
    present yourself as next of kin, is occasioned by, the
    fact that the
    deceased (customer) was a foreigner, and we have
    access to his detailed
    bio data which you will hold as a weapon to present
    yourself as the next
    of kin.

The mode of sharing after a successful transfer of the
    money into your
    account, shall be 75% to my colleagues and I, for the
    role you will be
    expected to play in this deal, we have agreed to give
    you 20% of the
    total sum and 5% for the expenses we are going to
    encounter by the two
    parties in the course of this transaction. Therefore,
    you are expected
    to reply this letter indicating your readiness and
    interest to
    participate in this business. After receiving your
    reply, you will be
    communicated to with the exact steps to take.

I expect your urgent response through my email address:[email protected]
    with the following info.
    (1) Your full name and address.
    (2) Your telephone/fax and cell number
    And i shall contact you for further discussion on this matter,to enable us
    conclude this transaction urgently without any delay or
    hitch.

Please treat this business proposal as strictly
    confidential for
    security reasons considering my official position in
    ABSA Bank.

Personal Regards,
    Mr.kelly Isidingo

thanks for the information on this foundation di vittorio.recieved the same email,just today 1/6/2007 and it still states that they are celebrating the " 28th anniversary"
    beware !!

Folks, these are advanced fee fraud. You'll be ask to make a ""small" contribution to release the money for legal, admin and other costs. These result in the thousands sometimes. People get duped since they think they can pay it now since they're getting a load of money back. After you pay your "fee" you never hear from them again! Have a read on http://www.scamorama.com/ where they lure these people out with email trails :)

I got one from the foundation too. I think it is the same. I am curious HOW THE **** DID THEY GET MY EMAIL?? and why are they choosing me? :( Has anyone contacted the email stated ? and do you know what will happen then? Im just curious on how it all works? The link is to an italian site, dont know if thats a scam website or a real one. Maybe its a malware or a virus thing?? Anyone who knows? Im greatful for any feedback on this one , thank you.

SputnikBel
    Sweden

Sent : Friday, January 19, 2007 11:49 PM
    Subject : FONDAZION GRANT

| | | Inbox

Fondazion Di Vittorio

FOUNDAZION CASH NOTIFICATION.
    Foundation's Officer,
    Fondazion Di Vittorio,
    ITALY

Concern.
    The Foundazion di Vittorio, would like to notify you that you have been chosen by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients of a cash Grant/Donation for your own personal, educational, and business development. The Fondazione Di Vittorio, established 1977 by the Multi-Million groups and now supported by the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS), United Nations Organization (UNO) and the European Union (EU) was conceived with the objective of human growth,educational, and community development.

To celebrate the 28th anniversary program, The Vittorio Foundation in conjunction with the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS),United Nations Organization (UNO) and the European Union (EU) is giving out a yearly donation of Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollar. These specific Donations/Grants will be awarded to 100 lucky international recipients worldwide; in different categories for their personal business development and enhancement of their educational plans.At least 15% of the awarded funds should be used by you to develop a part of your environment. This is a yearly program, which is a measure of universal development strategy.

The objective is to make a notable change in the standard of living of people all around the Universe (From America to Europe, Asia to Africa and all around). The Vittorio Foundation has been assured of highest organization standard courtesy of the United Nations. It is our belief that we can achieve a great positive change in the general welfare of the universe through this program. That is why the foundation is doing everything possible to get all recipients notified of their donation.

Note that your country is not the only country that is benefiting from this donation. Beneficiaries have been chosen from countries from all continents. The idea of this donation is that within ten years from now,there will be notable richness among many unusual people around the world. This will give many people the opportunity to get their lives to a stage where they had always wanted.
    Kindly note that you will only be chosen to receive the donation once,which means that subsequent yearly donation will not get to you again.Take time and thought in spending the donation wisely on something that will last you a long time. Recipients are only eligible to be awarded this donation once.

Based on the random selection exercise of internet websites and millions of supermarket cash invoices worldwide, you were selected among the lucky recipients to receive the award sum of US$2,500,000.00 (Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) as charity onations/aid from the Vittorio Foundation, ECOWAS, EU and the UNO in accordance with the enabling act of Parliament. (Note that all beneficiaries email addresses were selected randomly from over 100,000 internet websites or a shop's cash invoice around your area in which you might have purchased
    something from).

You are required to contact the Executive Secretary below for qualification documentation and processing of your claims. After contacting our office, you will be given your donation pin number, which you will use in collecting the funds. Please endeavor to quote your Qualification numbers (N-222-6747, E-900-56) in all discussions.

Executive Secretary- Mr. Martino Nino
    Email: [email protected]

Please note that these donations/Grants are strictly administered by "European Union (EU), Economic community for West African States (ECOWAS)," under delegated powers from the United Nations Organization (UNO). You are by all means hereby advised to keep this whole information
    confidential until you have been able to collect your donation, as there have been many cases of double and unqualified claim, due to beneficiaries informing third parties about his/her donation.
    Finally, all funds should be claimed by their respective beneficiaries, no later than15 days after notification. Failure to do so will mean cancellation of that beneficiary and its donation will then be reserved for next year?s recipients. On behalf of the Board kindly, accept our warmest congratulations.

Regards.
    Mrs. Lowra Sigmo
    (Foundation officer)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SputnikBel
    I got one from the foundation too. I think it is the same. I am curious HOW THE **** DID THEY GET MY EMAIL?? and why are they choosing me? :( Has anyone contacted the email stated ? and do you know what will happen then? Im just curious on how it all works? The link is to an italian site, dont know if thats a scam website or a real one. Maybe its a malware or a virus thing?? Anyone who knows? Im greatful for any feedback on this one , thank you.

SputnikBel
    Sweden
    If your email address is posted ANYWHERE on the internet, there's plenty of harvesting software out there used to get it. You could have also subscribed to a list with an interest in making money at some point.

You don't want to respond to the email because they will know it's a valid email. They will more than likely add it to another list and sell it as "confirmed email addresses" to some unsuspecting marketer.

If you do reply, I don't know how many email exchanges will occur, but I'm sure at some point when they think they have gained your trust, they will either ask for a donation or your bank account information to make a hefty deposit to you. In either case, PLEASE DON'T provide either. RUN like the WIND in the opposite direction!!!

Cheers...
    Build Your Own Team...Make Extra Money
    http://www.incometeambuilder

a04cmccl Guest

Yes, that's a scam for sure. It truly surprises me the lengths people will go to just to make a few bucks!

From: Fondazion Di Vittorio, ITALY [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2007 9:58 AM
    Subject: CashGrant/Donation Notification(30th anniversary program)...

Fondazion Di Vittorio, ITALY
    BATCH NO: (N-222-6747,E-900-56)

Congratulations

we bring to your notice, The Foundazion di Vittorio has chosen you bythe
    board of trustees as one of the final recipients ofa cashGrant/Donation
    for your own personal, educational, and business development.

The Fondazione Di Vittorio, established1977 by the Multi-Million groups
    andnow supported by the EconomicCommunity for WestAfrican
    States(ECOWAS),United Nations Organization (UNO) and the European Union
    (EU)wasconceived with the objective ofhuman growth,
    educational,and community development.

To celebrate the 30th anniversary program, The Vittorio Foundation
    inconjuntion with the EconomicCommunity for West
    AfricanStates(ECOWAS),United Nations Organization(UNO) and the European
    Union(EU)is giving out a yearly donation of US$500,000.00 (Five
    Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) to 10 luckrecipients.

Please endeavor to quote your Qualification number(N-222-6747,E-900-56)
    in all discussions.

Claims Requirements:

1. Name in full-----------------------
    2. Address----------------------------
    3. Sex--------------------------------
    4. Nationality/Religion---------------
    5. Maritual Status--------------------
    6. Age -------------------------------
    7. Next Of Kin------------------------
    8. Occupation-------------------------
    9. Phone/Fax--------------------------
    10. Present Country-------------------
    ===========================================
    Executive Secretary-Mr Greg Galantucci
    Email:[email protected]

This means that your qualification number will be reffled to know the organisation (ECOWAS or EU) that will handle your
    payment.

Once again congratulations.

Accept our warmest
    Regards.
    Mr.Vikki Malcom
    Foundation officer.

testing 12345