+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What makes a good company?

If u r interested about working from home mlm email me and I can give u some information about my experience working from home. Or anybody. It does work. Email me.

[email protected]

Tell us your successes, failures, and insights.

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    If said this before and I'll say it again: I don't believe you have any business marketing ANY health-related products without a real good knowledge of the company, and the products, and how they might affect the people taking them. And I mean a REAL good knowledge and understanding of it. Rawb, you are one of the people who do seem to have that understanding. But there are many, many others out there marketing in MLM who simply do not. And to me personally, that's a potentially dangerous situation.
    AMEN to that!!!

There's a vitamin company I've been looking into, but I'm not going to get into it until I've fully checked out the products to make sure they're safe. You have to be very careful about what you're selling when it's something that people will be putting into their bodies!

Tell that to a drug company. m2

Quote Originally Posted by m2cglobal
    Tell that to a drug company. m2
    A drug company has no conscience so we shouldn't either, I guess??

Most of the big businesses operating out there have no conscience. I don't know how some of these people sleep at night. I got thinking about it the other day. A lot of people who just do the labor end of these businesses have no clue what's going on around them. Look at the lawsuits against the microwave popcorn manufacturers. People losing most of their lung capacity or awaiting lung transplants. All because of a chemical that they use in microwave popcorn that gives it its buttery smell. A CHEMICAL!! :eek:

This is why I believe people should really ask themselves why they should trust any drug or food manufacturer. AS long as you are buying their poisoned foods/drugs, you are giving them more power and sacrificing your health. I think the question with the microwaved popcorn companies is whether they knew the chemical would do that to peoples' lungs. And my answer would be yes. If it is a chemical, you would have to do research to ensure it wouldn't affect your workers' health.

You know what the kicker is in all this? the FDA said there wouldn't be any harm in people cooking it at home. HELLLLOOO, anybody home? Just the smell is destroying peoples' lungs. hmmm, tasty popcorn, let's eat it. Sure, I will take their word for it. Because the FDA said it was good. :rolleyes:

Here's a dumb question: if what you say is true (and I am NOT disputing it), what if one of the so-called heavy hitters decided to take you under his/her wing and bring you into a company "early" and make you good money. Would that be an ethical/moral thing for you to do? For him/her? Or is that simply "wrong" because the design of the industry means (by definition) that the money is going to come from a LOT of "little people" who are NEVER going to make any real money at it? Yeah, long question!
    Sorry it's taken so long. It does not matter as as recently as last week I was invited to join a company in "pre launch" (I hate that) The fact that I'm in early still means me having to recruit "personal referrals" They all claim you have to do nothing but that is simply not true. All this spillover rhetoric gets people thinking that they will earn by other peoples recruiting which simply does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by worn T-Shirt
    Sorry it's taken so long. It does not matter as as recently as last week I was invited to join a company in "pre launch" (I hate that) The fact that I'm in early still means me having to recruit "personal referrals" They all claim you have to do nothing but that is simply not true. All this spillover rhetoric gets people thinking that they will earn by other peoples recruiting which simply does not happen.
    I quite agree with that. When "heavy hitters" are invited over, they are invited for the purpose of dragging large numbers of people with them, I guess. Yes?

I see with all of the new companies coming out and with market saturation, there will be a lot of people who will stick with the company they're comfortable with. It takes a lot of time and effort to research a company, and I think most people don't want to be bothered. Others, will keep searching until they have found what they are looking for. I finally found what I was looking for, so for once in my life, I no longer am looking at every opportunity out there. It's nice to have landed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    I see with all of the new companies coming out and with market saturation, there will be a lot of people who will stick with the company they're comfortable with. It takes a lot of time and effort to research a company, and I think most people don't want to be bothered. Others, will keep searching until they have found what they are looking for. I finally found what I was looking for, so for once in my life, I no longer am looking at every opportunity out there. It's nice to have landed.
    That's nice to hear. As Antonio Banderas said in "The Mask of Zorro" (the first one with Catherine Zeta Jones), "I am a man in SEARCH of a vision". The only thing I am sure of is that my future does not lie (pun intended) in network marketing...at least not the industry I see before me today.

Posting a response on this web sight is mostly like anything else. The people that are making it happen and are happy with there company don't have the time to complain. Those that fail want someone to blaim for there failure. That statement is based on the assumption that they are with a company that has met the 5 year success time frame. It seems to be common knowledge that most companies both traditional and non-traditional fail in the first 5 years. However, simply because a company of any kind or size makes it 5 years is no guarantee. Look at Delphi Automotive. One of the largest companies in the automotive business is in bankrupsey. If you are looking for a guarantee in life, you are destine to be constantly dissapointed. There are no guarantee to anything in the business world. If you think that you are safer in the traditional business world, ask any of the 50,000 Delpi Automotive employees, or any of those in any number of other industries that have been lost to NAFTA and other over seas moves.

Your chances of picking a good MLM Company will be greatly improved by picking one that is a member of The Direct Sales Association. Go to dsa.com
    Companies that are members of The DSA have to meet and maintain high standards.

I am an Independent Market Director with a 15 year old company that has a binary line that pays out 80%, with no long term debt. We are a member of The DSA. Even with all of this, some do not make any to much money. It all comes back to those that are willing to do what ever it take to be successful and those that are looking for a free ride. If you are looking for a free ride, you will never make it at anything and then look for someone else to blaim. Those that are willing to work can make it happen and don't have the time or inclination to get on a chat sight and complain.

If any of you are interested in contacting me personally my e-mail is >>>

[email protected]

I will be glad to correspond with any of you personally and answer what ever questions that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by B H VINSON
    Those that fail want someone to blaim for there failure. That statement is based on the assumption that they are with a company that has met the 5 year success time frame.
    Perhaps you'd like to visit one of the ACN threads and hear from all the unhappy people over there? That company has certainly met the "5-year-success-time-frame", so I guess all those people are whiners and complainers who are looking to "blame their failure" on someone else. Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps the truth lie somewhere in between.

It seems to be common knowledge that most companies both traditional and non-traditional fail in the first 5 years. However, simply because a company of any kind or size makes it 5 years is no guarantee. Look at Delphi Automotive. One of the largest companies in the automotive business is in bankrupsey. If you are looking for a guarantee in life, you are destine to be constantly dissapointed. There are no guarantee to anything in the business world. If you think that you are safer in the traditional business world, ask any of the 50,000 Delpi Automotive employees, or any of those in any number of other industries that have been lost to NAFTA and other over seas moves.
    Now you are speaking sensibly. There are NO guarantees in ANY industry. At least traditional companies give you benefits and pay for some expenses.

Your chances of picking a good MLM Company will be greatly improved by picking one that is a member of The Direct Sales Association. Go to dsa.com Companies that are members of The DSA have to meet and maintain high standards.
    DSA membership notwithstanding, my question has always been this: "is there such a thing as a good MLM company? Or is the entire concept of the industry dated and flawed?" Not trying to inflame this, but asking this is a legitimate scholarly question.

I am an Independent Market Director with a 15 year old company that has a binary line that pays out 80%, with no long term debt. We are a member of The DSA. Even with all of this, some do not make any to much money.
    Here's where you should probably be more specific and clearly define "some", as that answer is key to this discussion. Most MLMs make that answer extremely difficult to obtain, however.

It all comes back to those that are willing to do what ever it take to be successful and those that are looking for a free ride. If you are looking for a free ride, you will never make it at anything and then look for someone else to blaim. Those that are willing to work can make it happen and don't have the time or inclination to get on a chat sight and complain.
    Very Machiavellian attitude: "The end justifies the means". Indeed, what must people be "willing to do" to succeed in this industry? I've seen TONS of people enter MLM and work VERY hard and have virtually no success, so work ethic cannot be the answer. I've seen people in companies large and established, and in companies small and start-up fail, so the company might not be the answer. Could it be that most people simply do not possess the necessary skills to succeed at this? Or can it be that the internet age has simply made an antiquated, inefficient delivery system such as MLM superfluous? You tell me.

It is your belief in the whole deal.My opinion not going to debate.You can bring reps and customers to your business ,it is what you think.I like a mlm plan over a direct sales plan.In my mind marketing is better.Good luck what ever you do. cheers m2c

Quote Originally Posted by m2cglobal
    It is your belief in the whole deal.My opinion not going to debate.You can bring reps and customers to your business ,it is what you think.I like a mlm plan over a direct sales plan.In my mind marketing is better.Good luck what ever you do. cheers m2c
    I respect your opinion, however, I believe that explanation is a bit too simplistic. I've heard that theory phrased this way: "If you think you can, you're right. And if you think you can't, you're right". I think what they are trying to say with that little "ism" is that a positive mental outlook is essential to success in this business...which I can agree with. But because of what I believe are inherent flaws in the entire concept of the industry, I feel that the number of individuals who will be able to achieve success -- and yes, all of them WILL possess a good mental outlook -- is simply too small to make working in this business worthwhile. The morality question is a whole 'nuther issue.

Posting a response on this web sight is mostly like anything else. The people that are making it happen and are happy with there company don't have the time to complain. Those that fail want someone to blaim for there failure. That statement is based on the assumption that they are with a company that has met the 5 year success time frame. It seems to be common knowledge that most companies both traditional and non-traditional fail in the first 5 years. However, simply because a company of any kind or size makes it 5 years is no guarantee. Look at Delphi Automotive. One of the largest companies in the automotive business is in bankrupsey. If you are looking for a guarantee in life, you are destine to be constantly dissapointed. There are no guarantee to anything in the business world. If you think that you are safer in the traditional business world, ask any of the 50,000 Delpi Automotive employees, or any of those in any number of other industries that have been lost to NAFTA and other over seas moves.

Your chances of picking a good MLM Company will be greatly improved by picking one that is a member of The Direct Sales Association. Go to dsa.com
    Companies that are members of The DSA have to meet and maintain high standards.

I am an Independent Market Director with a 15 year old company that has a binary line that pays out 80%, with no long term debt. We are a member of The DSA. Even with all of this, some do not make any to much money. It all comes back to those that are willing to do what ever it take to be successful and those that are looking for a free ride. If you are looking for a free ride, you will never make it at anything and then look for someone else to blaim. Those that are willing to work can make it happen and don't have the time or inclination to get on a chat sight and complain.

If any of you are interested in contacting me personally my e-mail is >>>

[email protected]

I will be glad to correspond with any of you personally and answer what ever questions that I can.
    But some people must join these "new" companies before the 5 year criteria right? otherwise, they would have never made it to the 5 year mark. There will be trials and errors for all new companies while they work the glitches out of everything. I am in one presently. 2 years old, new to North America, and second to none on the products. I look forward to when they add more. Br=est of all? It is Certified Organic products, not just anything

DSA membership notwithstanding, my question has always been this: "is there such a thing as a good MLM company? Or is the entire concept of the industry dated and flawed?" Not trying to inflame this, but asking this is a legitimate scholarly question.
    The answer is yes - there are good mlm companies that could be profitable for the company and the distributors. I would evaluate a mlm companies just like what you would do to evaluate a company stock.

Pick a business (products/services) in your areas of interest and competency.

I'd read up on Grahm, Fischer, Buffett, Lynch, and learn how to read financial statements. Know Buffett's four categories of investment tenets (business characteristics, importatnt qualities of management, co. finances, and market inter-related cost guidelines) and his letters to his shareholders. He bought a mlm business.

Figure out your operating free cash flow and breakeven point.

Research you products/services for long-term favorable prospects: sm. franchises vs. large commodity businesses.

Read and learn about the pros and cons of different compensation plans.

Read your distributor agreement and company policies and procedures for clauses that may compromise your rights. Research in this area is tricky and time-consuming because you have to research what distributors, industry experts, and lawyers have experienced and know to guard against past and future business and regulatory abuses.

Duplicable industry sales and Internet training and tools.
    Last edited by Zuzu; 11-02-2005 at 12:59 AM.