+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Without an intellectual life, where are we?

Hi All,

(Lady Mod, if posting this from another board is inappropriate, let me know. ;))

This link, is from another message board. This post speaks, more eloquently then I, to one of many problems with Americans, and their ability to have a functional, fair, and free government I hope we can carry on an interesting debate about this topic.

An Intellectual life.

DeeDee1965
    Last edited by DeeDee1965; 10-23-2005 at 04:17 PM.

tommywho70x Guest

Re: Without an intellectual life, where are we?

Good luck DeeDee, this is the SCAM Politics sub-human No. Resources to GO Forum...

Actually, it doesn't look like there's much room for debate in this post. People either want to continue to learn and improve their personal knowledge bases or they don't.

Look at this crew arguing over a federal prosecutor's qualifications based on whether or not he can take care of a cat and the trustworthiness to clean /LOW pwrone's house.

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    Good luck DeeDee, this is the SCAM Politics sub-human No. Resources to GO Forum...

Actually, it doesn't look like there's much room for debate in this post. People either want to continue to learn and improve their personal knowledge bases or they don't.

Look at this crew arguing over a federal prosecutor's qualifications based on whether or not he can take care of a cat and the trustworthiness to clean /LOW pwrone's house.
    Hi Tommy,

Now that you have told what everybody else is going to do, please tell me what YOU think about the lack an intellectual life, and the implications on the future of our country.

The lack of debate in a thread about the exacting, CIA leak prosecutor is only furthered by answering posts about pet ownership. Ignore it and stay on topic. If someone goes off topic, just MOVE ON. That is why NOT having an intellectual, and analytical way of processing information, is the reason for the difficulties in this country.

DeeDee1965

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Hi Tommy,
    The lack of debate in a thread about the exacting, CIA leak prosecutor is only furthered by answering posts about pet ownership. Ignore it and stay on topic. If someone goes off topic, just MOVE ON. That is why NOT having an intellectual, and analytical way of processing information, is the reason for the difficulties in this country.

DeeDee1965
    Touce'! She got us on that one, Tommy.

WTG DeeDee. LOL

tommywho70x Guest

Aye-Aye, Ma'am!

Education in schools and on jobs has changed a lot since 1973 when I graduated High School, 1978 when I graduated college and 1982 when I got locked out of mainstream society all together for thinking too much and asking the wrong kinds of questions of animated authority figurines.

Memorize and puke back rote learning and development of repetitive hand-to-eye coordinated reflex pathways is the general way things are done in education now.

Independant thought is discouraged and dissent is taboo. You can see it on the Internet forums easily -- All users are polarized into RedTeam/BlueTeam NEO-CON v. GEO-LIB; the referee is the almighty GREEN BACK $DOLLAR SIGN$ and the winner is determined by the placement of their company's WHITEPAPER IN THE YELLOW BOOK.

Empire in decay is all around us and everything is rated by the 'stickiness' of GUI and 'clickability' of one's 'Media Offerings'. blah, blah, woof-woof, meow, CATALOG3.CAB(RTFM == Read the fvcking manual executable.xxx-nnn-nnnn RING1 Hello, World!)

yes,i went and read the poster on that site.the key to the post is the "critical" as in examine all the evidence.unfortunately intellectual center in man is not the primary decider.emotional center is.intellectual center is subsidiary.an intellectual life or freedom of thought requires a common prevailing emotional element throughout society.and this common element is best described as love.or acceptance,or tolerance.in that order.otherwise free thinking intellectualism is reserved for the economically content so to speak.so the goal of education should be to create the best conditions for the promotion of love to happen.for emotional man is the key to happiness.not intellectual man.religion tells us about emotional man.but if religion takes the path of intellectual persuasion it defeats it's own reason for existance.and while intellectual man is the chosen vehicle of modern education.(by default!?)the war between so called church and secular education must find common ground.division is death to the loser.religion is NOT about ALL men but about EACH man.each man must find the truth of love for him(her)self.true education is the attemp at LETTING each man(woman) find love.and the path of love is a path of self sacrifice.(not by good deeds or demanded behavior alone but by understanding).until society or western civilization or someone takes up this CHALLENGE to the ways we now bow too(just say no!?!?) then nothing will change for mankind.and religious text seems to predict mankind wil nevr get it right!!is god calling our bluff!?is she sayin i got cher number!?ya gonna let him get away with it!?depends on the choice of tactics i assume.to take the "strong" arm side of things seems to me to play right into his predictions.a sorta do it for him(and take credit) miscalculation.sounds like the devils very mistake.poor guy!!but everything is a useful tool in the hands of a true and selfless educator!!balance is the key!!and "saving" life is the goal!!...............that's my intellectual rant!?what do i know!?did i mention i'm watching "my fair brady"!!i just love reality tv!!i use ta think PBS was all there was but not now!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    Last edited by lexx; 10-23-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Hi All,

(Lady Mod, if posting this from another board is inappropriate, let me know. ;))

This link, is from another message board. This post speaks, more eloquently then I, to one of many problems with Americans, and their ability to have a functional, fair, and free government I hope we can carry on an interesting debate about this topic.

An Intellectual life.

DeeDee1965
    Because Americans for the most part are not critical thinkers or educate themselves beyond formal schooling is partly if not fully to blame for not having a functional, fair and free government?

I can see how intellectual thinking does indeed enrich one's life and broadens their thinking capacity and abilities, but what I'm not sure of is how it would result in a better government?

Lady Mod

tommywho70x Guest

As usual, lexx sneaks in with a profundity when we least expect it.

Some very interesting theses in your mental feces tonight, buddy Row Reality pooper!?!

The one item my mental turd ball disagrees with is that it seems to me to be fortunate rather than unfortunate that the emotional center overrides the intellectual center for the emotional center is more chemically connected to our instinctive reflex pathways.

It is often the case that when irrational intelleculized rationalizations override our 'Fight or Flight' metabolic adrenalin physical biochemical responses is when we get in the most trouble.

Hi All,

An Intellectual life.

DeeDee1965
    This is called "half-life" or expiration date of shelf life. When a person reaches the mid point in life, it creates a concern of validity to ones self worth. What have they given back or done exceptionally to the benefit of community or country. This is where most self-righteous and indignant half-lifers fall into a quandry. They struggle within their own heads that time is of the essence to create good deeds "as they see fit" for the release of guilt that they carry in their proverbial 'Karma Backpacks'.

It is usually found that in individuals that have always conducted their lives in a morally sound manner, their guilt is lessened exponentially. They have reached the half-life with clarity and are aware that they have more to give -this adds to the whole of their collective giving to community or country. They also tend to sleep more soundly at night. Is it cosmic intervention that leads them to living longer? I cannot say that it is, but I will say that it probably doesn't hinder the fact. :cool:

As usual, lexx sneaks in with a profundity when we least expect it.

Some very interesting theses in your mental feces tonight, buddy Row Reality pooper!?!

The one item my mental turd ball disagrees with is that it seems to me to be fortunate rather than unfortunate that the emotional center overrides the intellectual center for the emotional center is more chemically connected to our instinctive reflex pathways.

It is often the case that when irrational intelleculized rationalizations override our 'Fight or Flight' metabolic adrenalin physical biochemical responses is when we get in the most trouble.
    sorry if you came away with the implication that i said the emotional center is not the "proper ruler"!!i meant to imply that it is the "true" and only "ruler"!!as in laws written on the heart!!all human functions(centers) are subsidiary to the emotional center(heart)and all functions perform at their best when ruled by the original holographic image that was intended by the creator or original intelligence or god if you will.if you read tart then did you persue also ouspensky and gurdjieff!?but no matter for gut feeling is more important than head knowledge and gut feeling is simple,like or dislike.love is like,hate is dislike.so the question for all educators(edjudictors) is what do i do when i encounter dislike (in myself?).is it a habitual response or a overpowering influence from another.if faith is love and nonfaith is hate.then what do i choose as a response to percieved or gut felt hate!?fight or flight!?and does hate as a gutfelt response face the same choice!?fight or flight!?is there a mediator for man!?is submission to the mediator a condition of tranquility for all!?is this a one sided or mutually agreed to arangement!?and who has the upper hand in this relationship and so calls the shots so to speak!?and what interfere's but thought or judgements!?and is this the true meaning of response-ability!?what do i know!?i know if i had babes and a milion bucks i would not be sittin here rattling off this crap under the influence!!oh yeah!!what does profundity mean!?does it mean i'm a pro havin fun doin my ditty!?ditty slang fer dirty!?or dis here!?over here!?look!!listen!!........"this is ground control to major tom"........:eek: :p :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Because Americans for the most part are not critical thinkers or educate themselves beyond formal schooling is partly if not fully to blame for not having a functional, fair and free government?

I can see how intellectual thinking does indeed enrich one's life and broadens their thinking capacity and abilities, but what I'm not sure of is how it would result in a better government?

Lady Mod
    yeah!! i missed that point in the thread!!did it show!? :eek: :D :rolleyes:

tommywho70x Guest

i think that's what i was trying to express -- hard to tell with your composition style sometimes -- the crux being that our instinctive body senses are more reliable than our intellectualizations on all levels from the most primitive live or die kind of decisions on up to more elaborate should i or shouldn't i decisions involving moral and ethical choices that need to be made.

profundity is a word that was coined by a couple of Venice Beach intellectual wino/clowns. derived from profound it was used as a compliment when someone said something that penetrated their Thunderbird force field and struck their intellectual center as being a deeply profound truism.

Aye-Aye, Ma'am!

Education in schools and on jobs has changed a lot since 1973 when I graduated High School, 1978 when I graduated college and 1982 when I got locked out of mainstream society all together for thinking too much and asking the wrong kinds of questions of animated authority figurines.

Memorize and puke back rote learning and development of repetitive hand-to-eye coordinated reflex pathways is the general way things are done in education now.

Independant thought is discouraged and dissent is taboo. You can see it on the Internet forums easily -- All users are polarized into RedTeam/BlueTeam NEO-CON v. GEO-LIB; the referee is the almighty GREEN BACK $DOLLAR SIGN$ and the winner is determined by the placement of their company's WHITEPAPER IN THE YELLOW BOOK.

Empire in decay is all around us and everything is rated by the 'stickiness' of GUI and 'clickability' of one's 'Media Offerings'. blah, blah, woof-woof, meow, CATALOG3.CAB(RTFM == Read the fvcking manual executable.xxx-nnn-nnnn RING1 Hello, World!)
    Thank you Tommy,

You are right, the internet is a vacuous, petty, passive, mind numbing waste of time. If one wants to use their intellect, the internet is NOT the place to use it.

Thanks again,
    DD1965

i think that's what i was trying to express -- hard to tell with your composition style sometimes -- the crux being that our instinctive body senses are more reliable than our intellectualizations on all levels from the most primitive live or die kind of decisions on up to more elaborate should i or shouldn't i decisions involving moral and ethical choices that need to be made.

profundity is a word that was coined by a couple of Venice Beach intellectual wino/clowns. derived from profound it was used as a compliment when someone said something that penetrated their Thunderbird force field and struck their intellectual center as being a deeply profound truism.
    ok.......like i said somewhere else.........never heave chunks....oh wait.......uh.....thunderbird indian legend of jetstream monsterbird stealing children as far away as ohio.......uh........ok.....instinctive center tells us if bodily functions are in danger.emotional center tells us if our current held beliefs/faith are in danger!?(of change)(gut feeling!?)and this a matter of upbringing or imitation as i said somewhere else.mans relationship(connection) with external existance is thru his navel!!.man is a machine not unlike a computer.programs fight for existance.(economic survival!?)programs are holographic images in the emotional center.all other functions(centers) take direction from emotional center.it all revovles around emotional state for man.modern man has been conditioned to supress his real emotional state due to the lack of proper developement thru true education.this is the often stated 1/10 of his brain power being used!!this is due to true education being a voluntary arangement.only the individual can seek truth.and what is the criterion for a true individual!?is rebellion enough!?is compliance a sign!?and without enough true educators is it all moot!?and can anyone know anything but themselves!?and is the definition of god knowing what is beyond themselves!?having no self(ishness)at all!?love is all ya need...........she loves me ya,ya,ya.............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!so the school of love is the only school WORTH attending!?and the definition of love is the only definition worth knowing!?and what grade is considered graduation!?or completion!?how does one decide what is the final "making it"!?why does one settle for what!? as reward!? or accomplishment!?and like i always say..........wino's know best!!or least!!for we are all teachers and learners!!or maybe i should say.....true teaching is actually learning!!learning to rely on god.or a bigger power,or a infinite resource,or a boundless cornacopia of effulgent massiveness!!...........oops!!that slipped out!!i'm watchin the excercise in a female thong bodysuit channel!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    Last edited by lexx; 10-23-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Thank you Tommy,

You are right, the internet is a vacuous, petty, passive, mind numbing waste of time. If one wants to use their intellect, the internet is NOT the place to use it.

Thanks again,
    DD1965
    do you mean the internet is not the place to confuse it!?for if the intellect has a "set" basis for it's ideas does the internet challenge these ideas!?and or reinforce them!?for is not all visible on the internet!? is it not the wild wild west of information!?(inner formation)!?did not someone say, for as you think,so you are!?does this ask the question is thinking all there is!?do you "think" your in love!?is the intellect usable!?and what are the uses!?to serve ideas!?and to promote them!?does the intellect have a life of it's own!?and if so what is the basis for this life!?or what is the use of words!?do you talk alot during lovemaking!?is it necessary!?if silence is golden,what is the good of intellect!?when you thank someone,is it a means of withdrawal or a way of keeping your ideas your own or a common platitude that signifys a form of mutual respect for a supposed comrade in ignorance while bowing out!?is a 12 pack sufficient balls to conquer the world!?......not if the right woman intervenes ..........:eek: :D :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    This is called "half-life" or expiration date of shelf life. When a person reaches the mid point in life, it creates a concern of validity to ones self worth. What have they given back or done exceptionally to the benefit of community or country. This is where most self-righteous and indignant half-lifers fall into a quandry. They struggle within their own heads that time is of the essence to create good deeds "as they see fit" for the release of guilt that they carry in their proverbial 'Karma Backpacks'.

It is usually found that in individuals that have always conducted their lives in a morally sound manner, their guilt is lessened exponentially. They have reached the half-life with clarity and are aware that they have more to give -this adds to the whole of their collective giving to community or country. They also tend to sleep more soundly at night. Is it cosmic intervention that leads them to living longer? I cannot say that it is, but I will say that it probably doesn't hinder the fact. :cool:

so now you coinsider yourself the utmost critic of the lesser achievers or late comers like it is a race and you are in front!?ever hear of "first will be last!?"........and the parable of the hiring of workers and the payscale!?who you think your foolin with here!? abuncha amateurs!?you makin up a religion as you go!?hey!!whatever makes sleepin good right!?betcha just love "green day's" wake me up when september ends!! :eek: :rolleyes: