+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

tommywho70x Guest

Re: Without an intellectual life, where are we?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Thank you Tommy,

You are right, the internet is a vacuous, petty, passive, mind numbing waste of time. If one wants to use their intellect, the internet is NOT the place to use it.

Thanks again,
    DD1965
    don't hang up so fast deedee

you know the rap about when three are gathered...blah, blah..

in the Hebrew tradition, prayers and ceremonies require a minyan of ten.

ten was the minimum set by YHVH to spare Sodom and Gemorrah.

there are easily more than ten people who are SCAM member/username(s) who are trying to share ideas with each other 'over the Internet' on a higher intellectual plane than your typical Internet BLOGSPOT/DOMAIN #NAME?

if there weren't, i wouldn't be here and i'm sure quite a few of the others wouldn't either.

so instead of copping what looked like a 'snit', you started the thread; what have you got to say about your own question?

peaces

tommy

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    ok.......like i said somewhere else.........never heave chunks....oh wait.......uh.....thunderbird indian legend of jetstream monsterbird stealing children as far away as ohio.......uh........ok.....instinctive center tells us if bodily functions are in danger.emotional center tells us if our current held beliefs/faith are in danger!?(of change)(gut feeling!?)and this a matter of upbringing or imitation as i said somewhere else.mans relationship(connection) with external existance is thru his navel!!.man is a machine not unlike a computer.programs fight for existance.(economic survival!?)programs are holographic images in the emotional center.all other functions(centers) take direction from emotional center.it all revovles around emotional state for man.modern man has been conditioned to supress his real emotional state due to the lack of proper developement thru true education.this is the often stated 1/10 of his brain power being used!!this is due to true education being a voluntary arangement.only the individual can seek truth.and what is the criterion for a true individual!?is rebellion enough!?is compliance a sign!?and without enough true educators is it all moot!?and can anyone know anything but themselves!?and is the definition of god knowing what is beyond themselves!?having no self(ishness)at all!?love is all ya need...........she loves me ya,ya,ya.............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!so the school of love is the only school WORTH attending!?and the definition of love is the only definition worth knowing!?and what grade is considered graduation!?or completion!?how does one decide what is the final "making it"!?why does one settle for what!? as reward!? or accomplishment!?and like i always say..........wino's know best!!or least!!for we are all teachers and learners!!or maybe i should say.....true teaching is actually learning!!learning to rely on god.or a bigger power,or a infinite resource,or a boundless cornacopia of effulgent massiveness!!...........oops!!that slipped out!!i'm watchin the excercise in a female thong bodysuit channel!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    i hope you weren't fishing for a response with that dump; speechless is an understatement ae ie oe oo ee ooh ah ah, walla-walla bing-bang...my friend the witch doctor he told me what to do if if if if if if if if at at at at at at uh uh uh er er huh?

methinks tommy is too sensitive............seein how POO has gotten his goat on several occaisons!!certainly you are familiar with the thunderbird legend!?hey!!i said i loved you man!!actually i love all the posters here when i can!!dont mean i like ya though!!not when ya get outa da groove!!so do i by the way!!WHO KNEW!!if god made fleas, and you cant teach a flea to dance,why should i respect you!?(look up to you)!?......you gotta gun!,got freinds,got connections,got authority,got monetary control,....ok.....that'll work!! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

tommywho70x Guest

you trying to get funny boy loving here?!? &whoDflock izza POO/?

tommy iz up to ass in cyber-gatorZZ(GAIN) and surrounded by turkeys in redneck land -- uzing scam 4R&R&IFA Dweeb izza BS Geekazoid tommywho70x [PORTS] Insta-BILE_BOLhtml:5050

no guns, some friends, depends on whatcha mean buy connexxionz, question authority, monetary control?+ALT+DELETE??????????????????????????????? ??

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    don't hang up so fast deedee

you know the rap about when three are gathered...blah, blah..

in the Hebrew tradition, prayers and ceremonies require a minyan of ten.

ten was the minimum set by YHVH to spare Sodom and Gemorrah.

there are easily more than ten people who are SCAM member/username(s) who are trying to share ideas with each other 'over the Internet' on a higher intellectual plane than your typical Internet BLOGSPOT/DOMAIN #NAME?

if there weren't, i wouldn't be here and i'm sure quite a few of the others wouldn't either.

so instead of copping what looked like a 'snit', you started the thread; what have you got to say about your own question?
    peaces
    tommy
    Tommy.......

On a regular basis, when anyone asks a question, makes a statement, gives an opinion, your reaction to call them a "tool" or a "fool." Now I have been accused of "copping a snit." Why would I answer your question? Why should I? What purpose would it serve? What would you learn from my answer?

This thread, and others I have started have been about the examination of the deeper meaning of our lives. THAT is where I live all day, everyday. So I try to find others searching for the same answers to those questions. I have already said in another thread, that the infighting, name-calling, baiting, etc., on Internet message boards, does not speak to the truth of "How we live." So now I am done. So what. What is it to you? I can and must find what I am looking for, and it does not exist yet on the Internet. So I will move on.

The people here are intelligent, and I have enjoyed reading, and participating in this forum. I was not here long, that is true, but it is time to move on.

Thanks to Lady Moderator, Connecticut Victim, Pwrone, for such a warm and kind welcome. ;) :)

DeeDee1965 :)

The people here are intelligent, and I have enjoyed reading, and participating in this forum. I was not here long, that is true, but it is time to move on.

Thanks to Lady Moderator, Connecticut Victim, Pwrone, for such a warm and kind welcome.
    Aw, DeeDee. I wish you would not go. You can put usernames on ignore and then they will no longer exist for you. It's a simple solution, true, but a very effective one. And I'll miss your sane posts. :(

Reconsider please? :)

Lady Mod

Tommy.......

On a regular basis, when anyone asks a question, makes a statement, gives an opinion, your reaction to call them a "tool" or a "fool." Now I have been accused of "copping a snit." Why would I answer your question? Why should I? What purpose would it serve? What would you learn from my answer?

This thread, and others I have started have been about the examination of the deeper meaning of our lives. THAT is where I live all day, everyday. So I try to find others searching for the same answers to those questions. I have already said in another thread, that the infighting, name-calling, baiting, etc., on Internet message boards, does not speak to the truth of "How we live." So now I am done. So what. What is it to you? I can and must find what I am looking for, and it does not exist yet on the Internet. So I will move on.

Thanks to Lady Moderator, Connecticut Victim, Pwrone, for such a warm and kind welcome. ;) :)

DeeDee1965 :)
    Hi DeeDee...

I enjoy your participation here, and like Lady Mod, hope you change your mind.... But if not, thanks for you input - your views have been quite interesting..

:) Susan

Hey, Dee Dee....
    If we all moved on every time we were insulted, there'd be no one here. :p

You should stick around. It's good to see different views, otherwise we're just going in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by PAYEK
    Hey, Dee Dee....
    If we all moved on every time we were insulted, there'd be no one here. :p

You should stick around. It's good to see different views, otherwise we're just going in circles.
    Are you saying that we're NOT going in circles now? :eek:

LM :D

tommywho70x Guest

DeeDee, if you are still reading here, in my original answer to the question you presented as the focus for discussion, the last two paragraphs were aimed at Internet Users as a general "class", not any individual in particular and certainly not at you.

Your response to me was very "terse" and tinged with "sarcasm". I don't know what you call that kind of "attitude dance", but I call it a "snit" for lack of anything more polite. I have plenty of less polite things that I call that kind of response, but they were not called for.

I stand on my second posting; there are people who use these forums who are attempting to project a higher level of intellectual exchange than most other domains I have experienced and I would still like to see what your own opinions are on the subject for discussion that you presented to us.

Certainly nobody wants to see you scoop up your bat, ball and glove and run off just because the game isn't going to your satisfaction.

Hi DeeDee,
    If you're still peeking in... I do wish as well that you would stay. You're one of the few exceptionally sane posters. You have a way of cutting through the BS that, I'm sorry to say, many are afraid of. You pose hard questions that require much more than a Lib vs Con point of view...

cheers,
    Paul

which brings up an interesting point........the "good people"(sane!?) always check out when the goin gets rough!?ever notice this(like in gov!?)what does this mean!?what are they afraid of!?what are they protecting!?so while i dont question their sanity i do question their integrity or their own perception of elitism!!(i'm special)!!the ANN COULTER AFFLICTION!! i can smell a repub mole a mile away!!:eek: :p :rolleyes:

tommywho70x Guest

lexx, do you refer to the 'my-sh!t-smells-like-roses' syndrome?

in self-defense, there are only two people on this forum whom i question for being a 'tool' or 'fool' on a "regular basis" and i have made my reasons very clear for doing so.

pwrone has convinced me that he merely has some positions and postings that i consider to be foolish and he makes a very good intellectual effort to agree to disagree with me as friends who don't see eye-to-eye on everything.

raider, on the other hand, gives me good reason to be concerned that somebody is feeding him his information and that he is being compensated for his disruptive, hostile-aggressive postings. he has attacked me personally and professionally nearly every time he responds to my postings no matter how reasonably i attempt to explain myself to him.

if he is trying to drive me off this forum, he may succeed because the health and safety of my computer and the security of my numeric control identities stored inside of it are threatened by him and the spooks who seem to be backing his play.

i feel like DeeDee unfairly latched onto those conflicts and blew them out of proportion to chastize me for giving an answer to her question she wasn't satisfied with.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    which brings up an interesting point........the "good people"(sane!?) always check out when the goin gets rough!?ever notice this(like in gov!?)what does this mean!?what are they afraid of!?what are they protecting!?so while i dont question their sanity i do question their integrity or their own perception of elitism!!(i'm special)!!the ANN COULTER AFFLICTION!! i can smell a repub mole a mile away!!
    Hi Lady, Mod, CV , Paul, Payek,

All I can say is, THANK YOU. :D

Hello Lexx,
    I am not afraid, just impatient with silly, petty, resistance to open, civil debate. Not fear, dealing with BS is sometimes, not worth it. But as in life, we must move pass BS, and remember, in the long run, we are all full of **it. ;) As a matter of fact, I have intergrity AND I have, on occasion shown to elitist tendences. So your view to some extent accurate, but I try anyway to stay in the game. I am human, I am flawed and I AM special. We all are. :)

DeeDee1965

Hi DeeDee,
    Here's my little donation to the thread...
    I've made no secret about it... I come here to discuss and to learn. If I can learn 'something' new each day then I've done well... I try to keep an open mind, but being human I sometimes fall short in this area. I can be selfish, stubborn, I have an exceptionally bad temper (but don't like myself very much when I loose it... so I try not to).
    An 'intellectual life'... I don't know... I just try to live and learn.

cheers,
    Paul