+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

tommywho70x Guest

Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind

20 years ago, several young adults collaborated in Venice Beach, California to create the 'Real Things Artists Cooperative Networks' to use the fledging Internet 'DATA EXCHANGE SERVICES(DES40)' to attempt to spread our message: Peace Works. War Sucks.
    (as well as to try to connect with people who might wish to purchase our products and services)

Mr. Thomas J. Wasserberg (AKA ctomeez0013 and/or tommywho70x) , then known to the Internet as Username: 'anonymous' founded the group that has been evolving along with the global IT/MIS Industry as an association of micro-merchants and artisans dedicated to world peace and healing. We were little fish then in a big pond and we are still little fish and the pond has grown.

The title of this thread are words of Ghandi's that are included in the static
    'North Banner' (ZZ-top HTMLx-image panel) for this web site: http://www.peacefulresistance.com/in...c=peace&page=1

Like the Breslov 'caballah' site I posted to the Religious Scams sub-forum that few noticed and nobody responded to, I'm starting this thread for any scamsters who would like to explore this site together and discuss the philosophy of Nonviolent Peaceful Resistance as a means for people to find solutions for world ailments that we thrash over here every day.

Re: Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind

Look here pacifist, the only theory this will work in is the demise of "the cold war" and "India vs. Pakistan".

To fight fire with daisies is futile and weak. The only thing that a daisy does in a rifle barrel is make the bullet miss it's target by 2 yards. Pacifism works when a nation is not provoked or attacked. Will you decline the right for Isreal to exist or defend herself? Gaza first, next the west bnk and then Jeruselem. Should the Heb's just jump on into the ocean or head directly for the hills as is prophesised in Revelations. When should the running start? These questions are rhetorical in nature and personal belief. If you feel differently or have an answer, please reply. :cool:

tommywho70x Guest

You mis-label me with the word "pacifist".

I am a peace-lover and non-violence trainer, but if forced to use violence to escape from an attacker or protect another individual being attacked, I will and have in the past.

Thankfully, I have never had to kill anybody and am very grateful to my master, the Lord God YHVH that he has not put me in any situations like that in many years.

I suspect your last drunken brawl occurred sometime in the last six months.

Isaac Asimov speaks my personal belief about your misguided opinion best:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetant

Your rhetorical questions are beneath my threshhold of lameness and are unworthy of any response whatsoever.
    Last edited by tommywho70x; 10-23-2005 at 01:37 AM.

tommywho70x Guest

This was too cool Lady Mod and it needed to come here and maybe give the concept of this thread a much needed 'bump' with another Gandhi 'CITE:))()((BANGALORE.IN;))'

http://www.bluecorncomics.com/

* A multicultural comic book featuring Native Americans *

See the comic! | Read the reviews! | Buy it now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind"—Mahatma Gandhi"
    To paraphrase John Lennon, 'Give PEACE PARTY a chance'"—Steve Bates, manager, Bookery Finery

* Two young heroes fight everything *
    from prejudice and pollution to
    supervillains and the supernatural

An ongoing series from Blue Corn Comics
    Standard size (6 5/8" x 10 1/4"), color cover, B&W interior, 32 pgs.
    Buy It Now!
    Comics, books, videos, and other goodies

"Very substantial; more content than almost any comic out there"—Paul Chadwick, creator of CONCRETE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Story, art, essays, features *

News from a Multicultural Perspective
    Daily information from Blue Corn Comics!

Coming soon! A Fine NORTHWEST PASSAGE
    Get our FREE e-mail newsletter, Indian Comics Irregular!

NEW! Native American heroes in the comics: an overview (part 1)
    See what's hot in the Author's Forum (an online exclusive)!

"A refreshing and unique view of modern life among Native youth"
    Read all about it on the Reviews and Press Coverage page!

==>> "We'll be ordering again," says one retailer <<==
    Find out why on our Retailers page!

* Cultural and educational value *

BOARD OF ADVISORS
    Consisting of Native American experts,
    our Board of Advisors reviews all stories
    to ensure accuracy and sensitivity to Native concerns

EDUCATORS
    "A comic that deals with some real Native American
    issues is a real find for me!!"
    Here's how to use PEACE PARTY in schools and libraries!

Language and Cultural Preservation
    Tribes: Let Blue Corn Comics produce
    comics for you to help you preserve
    your languages and cultures

==>> Think stereotypes don't matter? Think again <<==
    The harm of Native stereotyping: facts and evidence

* Contests, polls, fan feedback *

NEW! Politician: Tribal officials make decisions at "campfires"
    Enter our Stereotype of the Month contest!
    Seeking Native talent! We need the best Native writers and artists
    To create more Native superhero adventures!
    Just for fun! Think you know Native Americans?
    Try our trivia questions!

==>> "Wonderful!" says Michael Horse, actor, Twin Peaks and Roswell <<==
    See what other people are saying on our Fans page!

"This comic is going to impress a lot of people"—Dale Deforest (Navajo), graphic artist

Home | Contents | Photos | Reviews | Customers | Forum | ICI | Educators | Fans | Contests | Search | Help | FAQ

All writing and art on this website
    (http://www.bluecorncomics.com and its subsidiary pages) are

Copyright © 2000-2005 by Robert Schmidt or their owners.

Hosting for BlueCornComics.com is generously provided by PECHANGA.net,
    the premier source of Indian and gaming information.

For more information, see our Disclosure Statement.

Last edited by tommywho70x; 10-25-2005 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Look here pacifist, the only theory this will work in is the demise of "the cold war" and "India vs. Pakistan".

To fight fire with daisies is futile and weak. The only thing that a daisy does in a rifle barrel is make the bullet miss it's target by 2 yards. Pacifism works when a nation is not provoked or attacked. Will you decline the right for Isreal to exist or defend herself? Gaza first, next the west bnk and then Jeruselem. Should the Heb's just jump on into the ocean or head directly for the hills as is prophesised in Revelations. When should the running start? These questions are rhetorical in nature and personal belief. If you feel differently or have an answer, please reply. :cool:
    first off..why do YOU give a s h i t about israel!?and why do they have to be an indepenent entity!?whatever happened to god with us!?as in mix and match!?just teasin!?oh wait! that would be too "christian"like!?!?but i guess that is a "personally" TAUGHT belief with you!?survival of the fittest i assume!?and while we're at it, i would ask.........who is the power of evil in men!?or maybe who is the power of everything!?is there a difference!?is that difference about men!?did the christ die to kill!?and what's your religion!?just askin........be a "good" american!! :eek: :p :D

I agree with you tommywho70x about nonviolence, but everyone has to practice it to make everything better. All it takes is for one person, like you, that takes offense when his/her family is in danger. That danger comes when not everyone is practicing nonviolence. If we all walked around and lived like a bunch of sniveling idiots, then nonviolence would probably work. Everyone has to live, work, and have fun with each other. Sometimes that will cause disagreements that may lead to an ass whipping, maybe not. But violence is a way to solve problems and get it over with. Bullies need their asses kicked, but just standing up to them sometimes will save your butt. But, here we go again, if the bullies practiced nonviolence, then all would be OK.

tommywho70x Guest

Welcome to Scam, Earl and thank you for your input here as your first post.

I realize that there are going to be times when a swift and violent response is going to be the only answer to a clear and present danger to individuals in your immediate environment -- there's no way around the way of the wild if a predatory human is threatening you, your family, friends or neighbors in a here and now situation.

I think though, that men like his holiness, the Dalai Lama, Gandhi and Dr. King were advocating non-violence as being the preferred, diplomatic solution to broader problems affecting whole populations at once, like whether or not to invade another country and as the preferred means of resistance to a despotic regime in your own.

How true. Thank you.

tommywho70x Guest

It's my pleasure and I prefer that any thanks go to Mr. and Mrs. God
    (YHVH=Father Sky; SHECHINAH=Mother Earth) for seeing to my training and obedience to their orders.

Non-violence as a way to live is wonderful. We should all aspire to cause no harm to come to others--through our actions OR our inactions. Non-violence as a response to violence is suicidal and is not natural.
    Last edited by pwrone; 10-26-2005 at 05:32 AM.

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Non-violence as a way to live is wonderful. We should all aspire to cause no harm to come to others--through our actions OR our inactions. Non-violence as a response to violence is suicidal and is not natural.
    there are times in history when the non-violent response can have profound effects on the mindset of the rest of the world. it is unfortunate that the great sacrifice Jesus made has been used as an excuse to create so much more violence.

in our era, the Buddhist monks of Vietnam, Cambodia, Nepal and Tibet, the Chinese dissidents of Tienanmen Square and so many of the misunderstood and too-often villified Doves of the United States, for example Brian Willson who sat in the path of a freight train at the Oakland-Alameda arsenal, all knew that they might die for their convictions and many of them did, in the hope that others might learn that there is a better way of doing things than the way of the Bushes and their strategic transnational trading partners.

I know you are serious here tommy, and I'm not taking lightly what you are saying... But how do you remain non-violent with people, in your everyday life, who are just too STUPID to know when to "give it up"?? You know some of these people, I'm sure.. the ones who, no matter what you say to them, or how hard you try to ignore them, they are just too stupid to leave it alone! They grate on your nerves till you just HAVE TO BEAT THE SH-T OUT OF 'EM to shut 'em up!!

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    there are times in history when the non-violent response can have profound effects on the mindset of the rest of the world. it is unfortunate that the great sacrifice Jesus made has been used as an excuse to create so much more violence.

in our era, the Buddhist monks of Vietnam, Cambodia, Nepal and Tibet, the Chinese dissidents of Tienanmen Square and so many of the misunderstood and too-often villified Doves of the United States, for example Brian Willson who sat in the path of a freight train at the Oakland-Alameda arsenal, all knew that they might die for their convictions and many of them did, in the hope that others might learn that there is a better way of doing things than the way of the Bushes and their strategic transnational trading partners.

But Jesus was the Son of God...his suffering has had meaning to millions...Ghandi is an icon for peaceful resistance. Brian Wilson...are you sure he knew what he was doin'? I mean, he knew they were TRAIN tracks? Ask families of executed students in China how much their sacrifice meant when the leader of the free world ( and his wife) speaks on the very spot of their murders.

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    I know you are serious here tommy, and I'm not taking lightly what you are saying... But how do you remain non-violent with people, in your everyday life, who are just too STUPID to know when to "give it up"?? You know some of these people, I'm sure.. the ones who, no matter what you say to them, or how hard you try to ignore them, they are just too stupid to leave it alone! They grate on your nerves till you just HAVE TO BEAT THE SH-T OUT OF 'EM to shut 'em up!!
    As the decibel level of a conversation goes up and the intelligence level goes down, I move away from people like that so as to keep their radiant energy from grating on my nerves.

If it gets too stupid, I leave. If they try to stop me from leaving, the human and canine dogs I am generally accompanied by usually convince them that that is not a good idea.

My hands are much too valuable to me and the people who pay me to use them making something for them or working on their body aches and pains to risk breaking on some moron's face.

the innocence of my soul is much too precious and i am responsible to 250 or more generations of martyred ancestors for to risk soiling it by accidentally killing somebody who is just being an ignoramus and not actually a clear and present danger.

no petty verbal disagreement about social mores is worth the negative karmic baggage that becomes attached to your spirit by allowing it to escalate to physical violence.

Thankfully, it's been almost twenty years since I had no choice but respond violently to protect myself or somebody else from real danger.

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    But Jesus was the Son of God...his suffering has had meaning to millions...Ghandi is an icon for peaceful resistance. Brian Wilson...are you sure he knew what he was doin'? I mean, he knew they were TRAIN tracks? Ask families of executed students in China how much their sacrifice meant when the leader of the free world ( and his wife) speaks on the very spot of their murders.
    this doesn't seem to have much point and doesn't really address any of my points very clearly, but i'll try to answer anyway.

i repeat about Jesus; too many people have died in his name and continue to die in wholesale lots in Iraq and Afghanistan, killed by people claiming to "believe in him" as their rationale for "justifiable homicide" which is anathema to everything he taught and his motivation for making the sacrifice that he made.

Willson knew what he was doing, as well as all the other "liberal loonies" who do crazy things like chain themselves to trees and each other in demonstrations of peaceful resistance to things they believe in their hearts to be wrong.

Do you skip over Dr. King because you believe for some reason that he was a charlatan, philanderer and fraud? Do you not have any comment on his holiness, the Dalai Lama and Tibet because you are unfamiliar or some other reason?

And perhaps you may be right about the Chinese, but I doubt it and I know what kind of impact the event has had in rekindling an awareness of the need to speak out among the students in the U.S. because I've heard their heartsongs with my ears and read their publications with my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    this doesn't seem to have much point and doesn't really address any of my points very clearly, but i'll try to answer anyway.

i repeat about Jesus; too many people have died in his name and continue to die in wholesale lots in Iraq and Afghanistan, killed by people claiming to "believe in him" as their rationale for "justifiable homicide" which is anathema to everything he taught and his motivation for making the sacrifice that he made.

Willson knew what he was doing, as well as all the other "liberal loonies" who do crazy things like chain themselves to trees and each other in demonstrations of peaceful resistance to things they believe in their hearts to be wrong.

Do you skip over Dr. King because you believe for some reason that he was a charlatan, philanderer and fraud? Do you not have any comment on his holiness, the Dalai Lama and Tibet because you are unfamiliar or some other reason?

And perhaps you may be right about the Chinese, but I doubt it and I know what kind of impact the event has had in rekindling an awareness of the need to speak out among the students in the U.S. because I've heard their heartsongs with my ears and read their publications with my eyes.

Well, I guess my point is that nobody has learned anything from Dr. King...not a thing. His rhetoric was laughed at by black leaders then and it is ignored now. The chinese continue to suffer under communist rule, as they always will, Tibet is just as it has been, and the terrorists in Iraq are fueled by the hate-filled murder-obsessed Koran. So I am saying that I think that non-violence is the SECOND greatest force at the disposal of mankind...right behind violence.