+ Reply to Thread

Is this legal?

Me and the wife went tv shopping the other day, at fred meyers. They had a 48" led tv posted for 399.99, but no statistics. So we asked to see the stats on the tv. The sales associate asked his manager if he knew more about this tv. They ended up showing us 4k tv with roku, and explained that roku pretty much makes it a smart tv. We were sold how could a deal like this be so good.
    The electronic manager went to the back for some time, and brought out a box. I went to grab it from him, and he insisted on bringing it up to the counter for us. So we let him.

After we purchased our tv, loaded it in the car, brought it up stairs, and went to unbox it we realized that this tv we have didnt't come wit roku, and is 1080.

So i called the store and asked if we got the right tv, and they said probably not bring it in and we will swap it out.
    We than took the tv back, and waited for them to bring out this 48 inch 4k tv with roku. They brought out a 40 inch tv, 4k with roku... I asked where the 48 inch was, and they stated that they dont carry one, and there was some confusion with the "NEWLY" trained electronic manager and assistant that were helping us.
    After dealing with corporate customer service, i came to an agreement with them witch sounded great, 42 inch tv 4k with roku and 100 dollar gift card for the inconvenience. She would just have to call back the store manager and would get back to me in 15 minutes.
    When she called back she said " ok we got your 40 inch...." I stopped her right there and said i thought we agreed on a 42. She went on to say once again it was a miss understanding/communication error, and if i wanted the 42 inch, i would have to pay full price of 499.99. At this point i could care less about the 2 inches i only could care about the principle that they have tried to pull a fast one on me and my wife twice in under 24 hrs.
    Is this bait and switch or just terrible training?

The Tv we saw with 0 stats, other than 48"
     photo 20150409_171947.jpg

"the confusion" Even though this tv is 40"

photo 20150409_172010.jpg

The return receipt with hand written note from manager that they would call me back.

[IMG] photo reciept.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by chris1984; 04-11-2015 at 06:11 PM.

2. 04-11-2015, 06:15 PM

Re: Is this legal?

Me and the wife went tv shopping the other day, at fred meyers. They had a 48" led tv posted for 399.99, but no statistics. So we asked to see the stats on the tv. The sales associate asked his manager if he knew more about this tv. They ended up showing us 4k tv with roku, and explained that roku pretty much makes it a smart tv. We were sold how could a deal like this be so good.
    The electronic manager went to the back for some time, and brought out a box. I went to grab it from him, and he insisted on bringing it up to the counter for us. So we let him.

After we purchased our tv, loaded it in the car, brought it up stairs, and went to unbox it we realized that this tv we have didnt't come wit roku, and is 1080.

So i called the store and asked if we got the right tv, and they said probably not bring it in and we will swap it out.
    We than took the tv back, and waited for them to bring out this 48 inch 4k tv with roku. They brought out a 40 inch tv, 4k with roku... I asked where the 48 inch was, and they stated that they dont carry one, and there was some confusion with the "NEWLY" trained electronic manager and assistant that were helping us.
    After dealing with corporate customer service, i came to an agreement with them witch sounded great, 42 inch tv 4k with roku and 100 dollar gift card for the inconvenience. She would just have to call back the store manager and would get back to me in 15 minutes.
    When she called back she said " ok we got your 40 inch...." I stopped her right there and said i thought we agreed on a 42. She went on to say once again it was a miss understanding/communication error, and if i wanted the 42 inch, i would have to pay full price of 499.99. At this point i could care less about the 2 inches i only could care about the principle that they have tried to pull a fast one on me and my wife twice. in under 24 hrs.
    Is this bait and switch or just terrible training?

RECEIPT WITH HAND WRITTEN NOTE FROM MANAGER
     photo reciept.jpg

TV WE SAW FIRST 48" LED ON TOP RIGHT
     photo 20150409_171947.jpg

"CONFUSION STATS FROM THIS TV"
     photo 20150409_172010.jpg
    Last edited by chris1984; 04-11-2015 at 06:19 PM.