+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GermanSun Ltd.

GermanSun Ltd.

Hi everyone, I am brand new to scam.com and I am glad I found you. I couple weeks ago I posted my resume on careerbuilder.com and I got an email from a company called germansun, a german software company, who wanted to me to do banking transactions. They asked for my name and address and said they would send me some info. in the mail. Well I gave my name and address but no info. came in the mail. Instead, I got three checks from some person in California for $900 each. :mad: I then emailed the company GermanSun requesting information regarding these checks. Of course I have not deposited these checks into my account. Has anyone heard of this scam? I need to know what steps do I take to report this company and send the money back to this so called person in Cali. Thanks Guys!!
    Last edited by Islandgirl28; 10-21-2005 at 07:15 AM. Reason: grammar

Re: GermanSun Ltd.

Yes, it's a scam. See the link and text below

http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=5530

Sun Germany Computers,Yes, this is the same scam as Audit market, Void computers, Microlabs etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. We were posting on those in May of 05, I am sure others were posting before that!!! Report them and others who pull this S**T to anyone that will listen (Godaddy, Sun and ????)

The way it works is; the checks you receive from the scammers are “forged”, but they use real stolen account numbers and appear to be good, but were not authorized to be written by the account owner. Then you deposit or cash the check for the scammer, no problem, for now, the “bank” will say they are okay and will clear them. Then after some time maybe 5 to 25? days after you have sent the scammer their 90%, the place you made your transaction at, informs you the checks were no good. The account owners that the check information (account numbers etc.) were stolen from, see the activity on their accounts and tell their bank about the theft, then their bank tells the place you made your transaction at and in turn they tell you, you are f**ked, and if you are really unlucky call the police.
    http://scam.com/showthread.php?p=92920#post92920

FYI, GermanSun Ltd is Sun Germany computers, Sun Germany computers is GermanSun Ltd!

Hi. It is late Oct. and we have been receiving emails from German Sun Ltd who got our information from Careerbuiler.com Obviously, Careerbuilder.com is not taking this seriously. Needless to say, we almost became prey for the bas*ards who are running this scam. My husband advised me not to return the emails and I didn't listen. To make a long story short, after a few emails I recevied 3 checks for $900. When I got the checks I noticed that they seemed to have been made off of a computer. The paper and the printing were not quality like you get from your bank or even check printing companies. The envelope the checks came in had no return address. I could never get the company to give me a physical address or a phone number. This morning I did some research on the web and found this website. Also found a link from another post here that said a women in Texas is in jail for participating as one of the check cashers. She was emailed by one of these false frauds and received the checks and did as asked. Needless to say, she was unemployed when contacted through careerbuilder.com. Now she has lost her home etc.. and nobody will hire her because she now has a criminal record. With regards to the checks I received. They did have an address and names on them. I researched the address and names by going to the city appraisal records on the net. I found the address and names of the two individuals on the checks. They were legit. I wonder if this is identity fraud or if these people are in on this scam. My next thought was... ok I gave them my name and address to mail the checks to me. Is someone else going to receive checks that are supposively made out from me? I bet they use the addresses they recieve from those who inquire. Just a thought. I wish I would have listened to my husband. I'm not sure what to do with the emails I have kept and the checks/envelope. I guess I could give it to our local police department. (Ft. Worth, TX) Would they really do anything with it? I'm sure they have bigger matters to take care of. I was wanting to buy a new Yukon XL for our family of 3 boys. I will have to wait. If it looks to good to be true than it probably is, right? We will have to pay the bills as usual and when enough is saved I will go get that Yukon the legit way! Hope this helps someone.

Here is the link on the lady in Texas. Read this before you participate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5424542/