+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: ConsumerIncentivePromotions?

I just did the desktop offer. Shipping time from receipt of voucher- 1 week. They are quick!

Congrats. what are the specs on your new desktop? I have been contemplating some of the different offers including this one.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey523
    Congrats. what are the specs on your new desktop? I have been contemplating some of the different offers including this one.
    OK, not the greatest, but it is brand new. HP brand Intel Celeron 2.56 processor, 128 mgs of ram, 40 gig hard drive. cdrom drive . It comes with windows xp home, works, norton, and all driver discs. My husband already has a cd and dvd burner, a bigger hard drive and the ram so none of this is a big deal. Like I said ,don't expect top of the line, as it appears to be configured to be a business computer.

Quote Originally Posted by whmees
    (ibook) (loser)
    Scam Buster. Why are you editing out the links for these free gifts? These are not referral links, they are just the links to get to the free gifts...Right?

Matt

I finally received my laptop as my Xmas gift after sending in the certificate 57 days ago.

A Dell B130 with the most basic configuration: Celeron 1.4, 256MB, 40GB, 15.4" LCD, CDRW/DVD, etc. I don't really believe this one is worth $899.

But the good thing is that the wait is finally over. I probably should have gone with the Mac Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by mattw809
    Scam Buster. Why are you editing out the links for these free gifts? These are not referral links, they are just the links to get to the free gifts...Right?

Matt
    Wrong.
    If they were regular links, I would leave them in.

I just got my laptop and I think in some ways ConsumerIncentivePromotions (www.consumerincentivepromotions.com) is a scam, in others not.

In it's favor, I did actually receive my laptop. My gift voucher was accepted by them on 11/21, received laptop 1/3.

They are not up-front, though. When I signed up, you chose from 3 laptops - a Sony Vaio, a Toshiba, and an IBM. I chose the IBM. The specs listed were 2.2 Ghz, Windows XP Professional, 512 MB Ram, DVD/RW. The price listed was $798.00 for all three (give or take $1.00).

What I actually received was an Acer Aspire 3003LCi with 1.8 Ghz, Windows XP Home, 256 MB Ram, and a DVD-Rom/CDRW. I checked on eBay and these sell for $350 - $475. New at Buy.com and PCMall they are $599.99.

While I understood I was to get the one I chose or a comprable laptop, I think a comprable laptop would be one with the same features and the same price they listed. I would not have done this offer if I thought I was going to get inferior features to the ones they advertized. So, I do think they are scammers in this sense.

Quote Originally Posted by phel0049
    I just got my laptop and I think in some ways ConsumerIncentivePromotions (www.consumerincentivepromotions.com) is a scam, in others not.

In it's favor, I did actually receive my laptop. My gift voucher was accepted by them on 11/21, received laptop 1/3.

They are not up-front, though. When I signed up, you chose from 3 laptops - a Sony Vaio, a Toshiba, and an IBM. I chose the IBM. The specs listed were 2.2 Ghz, Windows XP Professional, 512 MB Ram, DVD/RW. The price listed was $798.00 for all three (give or take $1.00).

What I actually received was an Acer Aspire 3003LCi with 1.8 Ghz, Windows XP Home, 256 MB Ram, and a DVD-Rom/CDRW. I checked on eBay and these sell for $350 - $475. New at Buy.com and PCMall they are $599.99.

While I understood I was to get the one I chose or a comprable laptop, I think a comprable laptop would be one with the same features and the same price they listed. I would not have done this offer if I thought I was going to get inferior features to the ones they advertized. So, I do think they are scammers in this sense.
    Email them or call them with your concerns. In the past, CIP's parent company has proven themselves to be very receptive to customer concerns.

i don't think they're a scam. i got a new ibook that i'm typing on that they "gave" me for free. (or my cost $15). Twice the memory, smaller notebook (what i was aiming for), and it came in 2 weeks.
    Marge: My name is Marge S. and I'm a Homerholic
    Otto: If you're taking Homerhol, I'll take a swig
    Marge: I'm afraid what I like can't be swallowed, sniffed or smoked
    Otto: Hmm, then you better inject it between my toes cause my mom checks my arms

Gecko Insurance
    So easy, someone barely smarter than Sarah Palin can do it!:

Has anyone tried to receive one of the trips they offer on this site or another site? I am interested in trying for one but was wondering how they actually give it to you (cash or actual airline tickets) & whether they lock you into a certain time frame to travel? I couldn't find much information on that when I tried to search. Thanks for any info. in advance.
    Jana

Quote Originally Posted by phel0049

i think that is really true; i got a semi-crummy laptop instead of what i was supposed to receive!!
    "The Philly Cheesesteak"

If you want to trade referrals for sites, send me a message.