+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Escape International

A very dear fellow poster ask me if I knew anything about Escape International. I have just begun to research it and would appreciate any input from one with experience with this venture.

At first glance:

Escape International, LLC Details:

From the company website: Escape International is a Network Marketing company founded by a talented individual with a tremendous bank of experience and integrity. Our founder, David A. Rutz, believed that a vehicle was needed in our industry that would truly offer an escape route for people all over the world.

My first red flag went up immediately. Why do they beat us over the head with his tremendous experience and integrity. They should briefly list his education, business experience and community/charity involvement.

The second red flag went up when I saw the term network marketing. That is a nice way of saying pyramid scheme. This guy and his goof friends are guaranteed success and take zero risk. Whatever the minutia of the plan, we can be sure that the money flows upward to the apex of the pyramid where they sit. Of course as you may have already guessed the plan they most likely told you was very simple is anything but.

http://www.escapeinternational.com/i...00-telecom.pdf

The third red flag-"a vehicle was needed in our industry that would truly offer an escape route for people all over the world." What?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

Soapboxmom

Re: Escape International

The "LUCRATIVE COMPENSATION PLAN"

2 postitions you can start at:

1 Customer Rep(free, alomst no investment allowed) OptionalCR($399 fee)

A CR has access to all products and services.

1 Sells all Products
    2 Retail Income
    3 Resdiual Income
    4 Build a Team O.P.E. (other peoples efforts) own your own business

If you get 6 persoanl customers in 30 days you are eligible for 9 levels!

Here is the math they do for typical levels:

YOU
    1st level 3 Recruits
    2nd level 9 recruits
    3rd level 27 recruits
    4th level 81 recruits
    5th level 243 recruits
    6th level 729 recruits
    7th level 2,187 recruits
    8th level 6,561 recruits
    9th level 19,683 recruits

Everyone of course averages around 3 recuits in the examples. Possible earnings are then presented as $17,713 a month if each recuits has 3 customers with a $20 bill for phone/telecom service. If in this same pyramid each rep sold one case of Nutraceuticals a month the earnings would be 203,708 per month!

The Optional Customer Rep pays $399 for the privelege of getting (or probably not getting) thinly disguised recruitment bonuses. If you get your 6 personal customers in 30 days then you can collect bonuses for helping others find themselves 2 customers in 30 days. We will have to outline these specifics later! OOOOOOHHHHH! The good news-after you build this gargantuan organization ROFLMAO. If 90% dropout you can still earn a thousand a month they tell you!!!!!

Is it already leaving a bad taste in your mouth????? We haven't even addressed the products yet! YIKES!!!!!

Soapboxmom
    Last edited by Soapboxmom; 10-20-2005 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapboxmom
    1 Customer Rep(free, alomst no investment allowed) OptionalCR($399 fee)
    If this is anything like ACN, I'll bet ya dollars to donuts that recruits are told that the only position to start in for people who "REALLY" want to be successful is the Optional CR. That one is only for "serious" folks, they'll say. That's great subtle pressure to apply, isn't it?

"If you are coachable, and will follow our simple duplicable steps, you will not only have better chances for success, but like a franchise, you will be better equipped to train and duplicate others." Escape wants you to be mindless clones?

Soapboxmom

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

Rutz idolizes Kiyosaki! Why you ask?????? I haven't a clue. Kiyosaki has only made money by selling books that MLMers with no business savvy eat up. Kiyosaki's advice is not improving anyones business prospects!

Soapboxmom

Straight from the Horses mouth-----Mr. David A. Rutz

"Escape from the Heart"

He assures us he graduated from a business school and did as good as he could.
    (alright pal how about the name of the institution and the GPA). He rambles on about how corporate jobs are not what they used to be and a lot of people with seniority were dissatisfied. He couldn't afford the payment for a dishwasher with his corporate job and not enough money was left to pay the bills. Then he found Network marketing.(Hallelujah) After 90 days in his part time business it was more income than his 40-60 hour a week job.

He went full time in network marketing(1991), but did not like the fees or inventory. Then he saw that more MLMers were having failure than success.(BIG surprise)
    He was in a nameless company making 1/2 billion is sales with his friends he trusted, but the reps were investing and losing what they invested.(same old same old) The guilt was bothering him.(the originator of a scam pretending to have a conscience-what will they think of next!) He admits that he got commissions and fee money from failing reps.(and he still does-imagine that!) 9 out of 10 were failing! He tells us he had to recruit and entice many to become reps.(so, what's new!)

So, instead of turning his back on Network Marketing he started his own business in 1997. He finally admits he worked for General Motors. He endlessly rambles about the corporate pyramid nonsense-"1ownership income"(???????????????) something about he had no income he only earned pay(?????????????????) He didn't want people to get used, lose money, buy lofty priced inventory or be embarassed. So, he started his FREE MLM. FREE NETWORK 170,000 reps in 4 years(let's see the earnings tables, pal)

2001 parted to start a new company.(ran out of suckers I guess!) Escape can turn into a full time business for you, he tells us. Of course as you already know everybody uses the products and services(don't they always) which are at an extreme value and discount.(hmmmmm we will see about that) 95% failure rate for business in the first year and only 1-2% after 5 years.(he outright lies-the audacity-does he think people are that stupid?.) USA Today says

"In other words, they had what David Birch, former head of a research firm specializing in studying small business data, called the "I Had No Idea" syndrome. Would-be entrepreneurs don't realize what's truly involved with running a business.

So what is your chance of success? I think Birch's statistics are probably as accurate as any. His survival rates:

• First year: 85%
    • Second: 70%
    • Third: 62%
    • Fourth: 55%
    • Fifth: 50%"

He blathers on about owning your won business then winds up calling Escape a free franchise(we all know the astronomical cost of a real franchise-you know the kind with a defined territory and no wild out of control fanchising to compete with yourself) He assures you that he only benefits when you earn a profit(whoopeeeee!) He claims(falsely) that Network Marketing is highly acclaimed and endorsed. We are tormented with a long talk about that fraud Robert Kiyosaki. (who is mystified by basic business and financial principles) We will use Kiyosaki's system and have "Income Producing Assets"(but he just said we have no inventory. So, just what is this asset? Kiyosaki's nonexistent real estate he will resell to us?)

Rutz then assures you there is no risk! He is going to give you territories(What?????? You need almost 20,000 business partners. Is he going to relocate you to Iceland?)

Soapboxmom

Soapboxmom, hmm who does that remind me of. Amway? Fuller? Shaklee? It is obvious to me, that you Soapboxmom; are using this medium this discredit your main competitor Escape International. They have been causing many problems for you, have they not? How many of your representatives jumped ship from your company and went to Escape? Why don't you give in and work with the real winner here. You are full of soap if you do not.

Sorry to dissapoint you but I never have done MLM/Network Marketing and I can assure you I never will! Thedefender could you please share with us why you believe Escape is "the real winner here" Give us some concrete facts that would help us understand the opportunity better. Folks looking at the opportunity need to hear both sides of the story so to speak, so I hope you will share more of your insight into the company with us!

As to one of the products, well--------Just one webpage listed 462 Voip providers in the USA. So, the competition for voip is cutthroat and prices will be driven down by this fierce competition. Certainly not a market I would jump into! Any other thoughts on the product line?

Soapboxmom

One more thing Soapboxmom. Spell check could be your best friend. :D

I am a great speller, but lousy typist! Sorry!

Soapboxmom

Sure, Escape is only open to those who are not in denial. It excludes negativity. It allows people a chance. What do you have to offer? Not a thing I suspect other than cynical hogwash. I recognize your feeble tactic to finger-point and convince others of your shallow beliefs (if that is actually what this is about). I'm only a third party here and know little of Escape other than they deal in products and services of large reputable companies, who I'm sure would not associate themselves with scam artists. You could pick on the real scams out there. Why Escape, because of the underhanded, manipulative person that you are (and I think I know exactly who you are) is struggling and can only think doing this. In that soap-filled head of yours, this is the only useless way that you can think of, so you can get what you want. Don't tell me I'm wrong, I won't believe you. Now go on about your soapy day. Your soapbox means nothing to me.
    PS: You could cut and copy your post into word or email to spell check. Now go and pick on the real rip-offs out there, and leave these good people alone.
    Last edited by thedefender; 10-21-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Okay, my boy please explain how I am in denial. "It allows people a chance" Fair enough ! Please elaborate on the opportunity. "I'm only a third party here and know little of Escape" Then why are you so upset that the comp plan and words of the founder are out there for the world to see? If it is a great opportunity people will read here, the Escape website and talk to happy satisfied reps and be able to make an informed decision.

"because of the underhanded, manipulative person that you are (and I think I know exactly who you are) is struggling and can only think doing this." Open hostility!!! Unless you are a Texan you couldn't poosibly know exactly who I am. Do you hang out with college graduate homeschooling moms? Presenting facts and personal opinions hardly constitutes manipulation( Shrewd or devious management, especially for one's own advantage.)

"I recognize your feeble tactic to finger-point and convince others of your shallow beliefs (if that is actually what this is about)." I feel that the pyramid scheme/MLM companies should be exposed for what they are. I have not knocked the products! I will say without hesitation that the MLM business model that most use is inherently unfair and is designed to line the pockets of the few at the apex of the pyramid. It entails no risk for the founders because by design all the money flows upward leaving the little guy working on the bottom to make very little! Now we know there are a few MLMs with more equitable comp plans that put more in the hands of the reps making the sales, but Escape is not one of them. And by the way, what happened to Free Network? Same guys! Why don't you share with us, Sir!

"You could cut and copy your post into word or email to spell check. Now go and pick on the real rip-offs out there, and leave these good people alone." Yes I could, but I equate this with a conversation. So, it is not time well spent. Great to hear there are real rip-offs out there. Please tell us about them. Perhaps you can send me off on a different tangent. I am costing people downline? Tell me why I shouldn't be negative about this opportunity! I have crunched the numbers for several comp plans just like this one and the earnings are always abysmal. So, give us some facts to substantiate your position! Quit whining and bad mouthing and get to some facts that will show people what a great deal this is!

Soapboxmom

okay, Folks it appears the Free network lasted all of 3 years (2001-2004). Please correct me If I am mistaken! Now they are Visalus.

http://www.visalus.com/office/docume...lanDiagram.pdf

That has to be one of the most hilarious compensation plans ever!

Soapboxmom

Gee,

I can't imagine what happened with 1 success story like that! Where is The Free Network now???????? Aren't the masses clamoring to join and enjoy the same math Ole Slick Nick did?

He says, "For my achievement the company bought me an XK8 Jaguar Convertible! So let's do the math:

Corporate America: 40 years - 401k, gold watch and a turkey.

The Free Network: 4 years - Jaguar XK8 Convertible, NO boss, & time freedom."

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thefreenetwork.com/TFN/su...nSarnicola.htm

Soapboxmom

Thedefender,

Gee, I must be confused again! You said, "Why don't you give in and work with the real winner here." Then you came back and claimed, "I'm only a third party here and know little of Escape" Make up your mind!

Soapboxmom

Your eyes are so full of soap, you can't see. I agree with you on one point. Only those on top make the money. Do you think they were always on top? Were they born on top? No, of coarse they weren't. They worked their way to the top. A option for anyone if they worked their hind-end off, just like the people on top. Most people fail in this business because they don't have what it takes to do this business. Most people succumb to defeat, because they fall short in on their own self-beliefs. Or they simply allow themselves to be swayed away by Negative Nellie's like yourself. What has me really confused about you, is why are you making jabs at this particular business model if you never became involved in "MLM/Network Marketing" yourself. Why Escape, because of their popularity? Why do you think you know, that it does not work; that they are all scams with no exception? Network Marketing is just another way to move goods, just as retailing or direct marketing. Just think, if there was no one selling the goods that are developed and manufactured by common everyday people; we would all be out of work. Your soapbox stand against Network Marketing as a whole is flimsy and based on ignorance. You being American, should appreciate free enterprise. You as an American should be proud that this type of marketing exists here. We are a free country and we are afforded the freedom to do this sort of thing "God Bless America". The only people that I have ever heard of complaining about this industry, are the ones who fail in it. Otherwise you wouldn't pay it no mind. Don't tell me you are doing this out of compassion for others who have failed at this. No secret, 98% fail. Isn't 2% a grand number when you consider that in that two percent, most of these folks came from common backgrounds. These people are to be applauded for achievement. Not cut down by negatives. What are you jealous? How many people fail in other endeavors, there are many approaches to business. In every type, people fail. That's life.
    I have to say that if I had listened to misinformed goof-balls like you, I would have never succeeded in my own livelihood. I sure am glad I have my own mind and not easily influenced. You should be ashamed of yourself for being a such a stick in the mud. As for my limited knowledge of Escape, not entirely true. As for my reason for defending Escape: I know the Rutz family, and I can tell you that they are good and God fearing people. As a matter of fact, I'm certain I'll be seeing them on Sunday morning. I assure you that they are not scam artists or common criminals as you try to portray them to be. I'm not in Escape myself because my busy lifestyle won't permit it. But I can tell you that if I was able, I would never join anywhere else because they are winners. As for my mistakenly assuming you were someone else; I know of someone in the who was an Escape rep, who made some bad choices of his own, in the way of overextending his marketing budget (he went broke and that's business). I thought that you might be his ex-wife because of your handle. Her nickname is Soapie, she is a mom and she sells soap. She isn't an accountant like yourself, "crunching numbers". I suppose I was wrong to jump to conclusions of your identity. Please pardon me. Perhaps though, instead of concentrating your focus on cold hard numbers, why don't you study the real people who actually made good with MLM. You may be surprised, unless your eyes are shut from all of that soap; that now we are looking at flesh and blood, real people who gave it their all. They never quit on themselves. And never paid attention to the likes of you. And you have the audacity to belittle and slander them? I suppose you despise all successful people. What if one of those people who succeeded in MLM happened to be one of your close family members? I wouldn't be writing to you at this moment now would I? You definitely are missing the boat. I am sorry for you, have a nice life.
    Last edited by thedefender; 10-21-2005 at 09:33 PM.