+ Reply to Thread

E-GOLD: Why So Difficult?!

I signed up for an E-Gold account because I heard they had cheaper rates and many autosurf & HYIP programs only accept E-Gold.
    But E-Gold needs an exchanger and the ones I've looked at either use bank wire which is outrageous, or credit card processors will charge $10 on $100 which ends up being MORE than Stormpay fees! In fact I just looked at a processor called Electrumx and if you buy E-Gold with a credit card you are charged $159 for $110 worth of E-Gold. That is INSANE!
    I hear that you can make investments & receive payments using E-Gold for around 3% of the transaction, total. But is this an illusion? I have visited several processors and just don't see that anywhere.
    And I have also heard some processors could be scams so am just looking at ones listed on E-Golds site or recommended by others who have had success in this sort of thing.
    Why do most autosurfs & HYIPs use only E-Gold in the first place? It seems they would get more business if they accepted Stormpay, Paypal or others like that. I have seen one program where members make & receive payments through Stormpay even though they get charged 6.9% on every payment plus 3% on every deposit from bank or credit card. They say it's because of the difficulties with E-Gold and the confusion. Yet others swear by E-Gold. Is E-Gold only for rich investors who can afford bank wires and amounts of thousands of dollars? Almost makes me wonder if E-Gold and/or the exchangers are a scam because it doesn't look like it's as low fee as people say.

Hopefully someone can answer all this.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Ravensmedicine; 10-20-2005 at 04:40 AM.

Re: E-GOLD: Why So Difficult?!

Egold and Stormpay are for those who don't mind getting ripped off, from what I have been told.
    Beware.

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    Egold and Stormpay are for those who don't mind getting ripped off, from what I have been told.
    Beware.

Well Stormpay has that 6.9% + .69 cent transaction fee, plus if you deposit from bank or credit card that's 3% Ouch!
    Is that what you meant by rip off? :confused:

Raven--have a look at www.uniclear.com -- gold exchange and dirt-cheap debit card all in one. They switched banks recently and there was a short hold on things, but they're okay now and are a real company--been making cards for banks for years, but are now in the exchange-and-debit-card business themselves. Fees are quite reasonable, and it's got to be better than Stormpay.

It's free to open an account in any event, write to them and find out which US bank they use--then you can just do an internet or direct cash deposit--trying to buy e-gold with a credit card will push the fees up like mad cos there's so much credit card fraud in that area.
    Last edited by ComplexKid; 11-06-2005 at 12:31 PM.

HYIPs don't use Paypal because they are scams.

End of story.

e-gold suks. When i register for egold, i realise i must use numbers+words for password. Fine, coz its for security reason. So i use qwe123. The next day i login, it says pasword is wrong. i mailed them and they said i must have forgotten the password and nothing could be done, so they send a new one to my mailing addres(takes 10 days). Then i followed all the protocols and reset a new one. This time i used a different one, and i even write it down. The next day i tried, it says wrong. I contacted them and they replied that they will send a new one.... and im still waiting. Such a lousy system.

E-Gold really does bite doesn't it? Rich boys gold toy! Blahhh! What other processor would only accept 3rd party processors who only accept deposits from Wells Fargo or Bank of America which are usually not found in smaller towns? And Wells Fargo requires you to have good credit history or they deny your account!
    In 2001 I applied for a Wells Fargo account and was going to put in like $1,200. Got a letter in the mail saying I was denied due to bad credit and they said I could contact the credit reporting agencies for details. Stupid idiots! Next time I watch a western where Jesse James or whoever robs a Wells Fargo stage I'm going to laugh!
    Wells Fargo must be for the posh bourgeois... blahhh!
    I don't want anything to do with a banking system like that!

So since when did e-gold start dealing with banks?????

They don't. Are you sure you haven't got them mixed up with something else?

e-gold and stormpay are used by scammers. this is a matter of fact. beware of exchangers for egold: very very often they are scammers as well and the will never exchange anything, but keep your money. i always suggest not to do business with any businesses using stormpay and/or e-gold

I have have thousands of dollars a week moving thru the e-gold system and i have never encountered any problems. I sometimes use wire transfers and now i am looking at a debit card. Once you initially buy your e-gold i have found that the rest is not a problem. I even exchange for my referrals.

Some e-gold exchanges are ok the one I use has proper company name and bank account here in australia.But yes still 3.5% in , 1% per receive , and 1% out not to mention the fluctuations as gold goes up and down.They have e-curency that is cheaper and doesnt go up n down.Still anything thats a final, anonymous transaction is a risk and greatly exploited by scammers.But if you want to invest in scams cheaper use E-bullion e-currency :D its less fees to get scammed :D
    Last edited by TheCableGuy; 11-07-2005 at 03:04 AM.
    Im coming over with the stolen Karaoke machine.:rain:
    Do you want somebody to love do you need somebody to love.:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by cruel_boy
    e-gold suks. When i register for egold, i realise i must use numbers+words for password. Fine, coz its for security reason. So i use qwe123. The next day i login, it says pasword is wrong. i mailed them and they said i must have forgotten the password and nothing could be done, so they send a new one to my mailing addres(takes 10 days). Then i followed all the protocols and reset a new one. This time i used a different one, and i even write it down. The next day i tried, it says wrong. I contacted them and they replied that they will send a new one.... and im still waiting. Such a lousy system.
    Yep agreed I have someone trying to use mine so I go in and try and change it wont update.I email them 20 times they never reply I try again and again and again never does anything there system is crud.New good part is if you try and log in from another ip or diff browser settings it emails you a pin before you can log in.So unless theif knows your email addy, email pword, and egold pword they cant do nothing.
    Im coming over with the stolen Karaoke machine.:rain:
    Do you want somebody to love do you need somebody to love.:rasta:

It seems like there are always problems with e-gold, whether it be accounts getting hacked or e-gold being down....Sounds like a lousy system. I'll stick with Stormpay and Paypal...