+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Typist

Typist

Hi guys; I'm new, just signed up. I've worked for over 25 years and now am no longer able to work outside of the home. I DESPERATELY need to work from home! I started looking, really discouraged! Saw "Hometypers.com" but thanks to your forum looks pretty 'scammy' to me. Anyone out there know of a LEGIT at home business for typing at home or computer work at home???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated; I'm going broke!!

Re: Typist

God Bless,

To be honest, there are not any real true "Data Entry" "Typist" positions from home; especially if you find advertisements on free sites or message boards. You may find one or two, but it is rare.

I will provide you with a list of some companies that hire telecommuters on a regular basis:

Access Marketing (Is not hiring right now, but it is good to bookmark their site)
    Axion Data Services
    Becker Associates
    Beyond Marketing
    Custom Loyal Concepts (CLC)
    Cypher Contractors
    Dion Data Services
    Live Ops
    Service 800
    Sterling Testing Systems (Very good company to work with)
    Vera Fast
    Vipdesk
    Voice Log
    Willow Csn
    Workathomeagents (this is the best time of year to apply with them. I used to work for them until my business starting rolling and I made on average 18/hr)
    Working Solutions

It is hard to find many positions online. It is best if you have a degree or many years of work experience in certain fields like paralegal, medical transcription, data entry (legal, medical), translation, sales. You may find some executive positions offered, but you most likely have to have a minimum of 15 years work experience and atleast a 4 yr degree in that field.

Always check the company out, do your research, go by your gut feeling. NEVER pay for a position. You will pay an investment for a business opportunity or sometimes some companies may ask their applicants to cover part of their background check or equipment (transcription positions) which is often reimbursed if accepted.

Here are some keywords you can use when searching for work from home jobs: telecommute, virtual assistant, virtual office, 1099, independent contractor, telesales, home-based, work from home (will bring up many business opportunities), home office, freelance.

I hope I was of some help. Have a BLESSED search!

Wow, thank you so much for your very indepth assistance. I absolutely will check out the different ways of searching that you mentioned. Your very thoughtful detailed reply will no doubt help many others as well.

Bless you!
    Hayden

If anyone's interested in Medical Transcription... talk to me first before you sign up for any schooling... I will point you in the right direction...

there are only 3 schools where most national transcription companies will wave their 2-year experience requirement if you go to one of them... unless you want to have a hard time finding a job... talk to me before you sign up for ANY school...
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

Hayden - have you considered a "Head-Hunter"? (Job placement agencies in your own area.) You don't pay them - they are paid by companies to find people for temp and full-time positions. I think employers willing to pay someone to screen applicants would be a good company to work for and the agency will only submit your resume to companies looking for your qualifications and conditions. It may not work, but it will only cost you the time for the interview and a copy of your resume. If they ask you for a fee - you're at the wrong place! There are many reputable placement agencies everywhere. Funny bit of trivia - Revenue Canada auditors work from home - they travel with laptops!