+ Reply to Thread

Is it a scam if its not listed on the BBB website?

I'm new to this forum, and hoping to find a work at home job. I've learned a lot about researching jobs before you go for it. Through one of the posts on this board, I went to a website that sounds legit, but it is not listed on the BBB website. Does this necessarily mean anything?

Re: Is it a scam if its not listed on the BBB website?

God Bless,

NO, it does not mean the company is a "scam" just because they are not listed with the BBB. Some states/ regions BBB membership cost are too much for some businesses and they decide not to join. In addition, not everyone that is listed with the BBB are members. I would keep that in mind that they are not listed with the BBB. The BBB is a place to check for complaints or file complaints. Membership with the BBB is VOLUNTARY not mandatory. In reality, the organization does nothing more than that. Granted, being a member does reassure the consumer credibility, but that is not always the case. I have a lot of experience with researching... I have to do that a lot in my profession. You should always check other resources as well. Type the company's name and the word "scam" in the search engine and see what results you get. Look for Work from home message boards and view their scam boards to see what scams have been posted... check the other boards here to see if that company has been reported here. Another site you can use is www.badbusinessbureau.com. I always recommend to take the complaints of others into consideration, but don't let their complaints decide for you, go with your gut feeling and decide for yourself.

I hope I was of some help. What is the name of the company you are looking to investigate? Do you know the website address? Contact person's name? Location of the business? I may be able to assist you.

Take Care & God Bless

www.workathomeagent.com is the company I was looking at. It was posted on this forum by scamsworstenemy who said he/she has worked for them for 4 years. I got scammed by one place before I knew about this website, and I'm a little leery to try again without talking to a few people. Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

Work at home agent is legit and a great company to work for. I worked for them last year but quit to start my own business as i did not have the time doing both. Hope this helps. :)

Does it cost? Do they keep you busy?

Thanks