+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 92

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    #5- Have the majority of sales made to non-participants in the income opportunity (AKA retail customers).

    Good to see that I'm not the only one saying this. MLM needs more retailing, not selling to it's distributors as its primary means of income. When they typically end up making no money, MLM advocates try to explain it away by saying that the distributors are just customers. Only a fool would believe that.

    http://www.sylvina.com/blog/index.ph...ing-companies/
    MLM's Mission Statement:

    "The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

    "Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    #5- Have the majority of sales made to non-participants in the income opportunity (AKA retail customers).

    Good to see that I'm not the only one saying this. MLM needs more retailing, not selling to it's distributors as its primary means of income. When they typically end up making no money, MLM advocates try to explain it away by saying that the distributors are just customers. Only a fool would believe that.

    http://www.sylvina.com/blog/index.ph...ing-companies/
    There are plenty of people registered in order to buy at a discount. I'm one such person therefore you don't need to be a fool to believe that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    #5- Have the majority of sales made to non-participants in the income opportunity (AKA retail customers).

    Good to see that I'm not the only one saying this. MLM needs more retailing, not selling to it's distributors as its primary means of income. When they typically end up making no money, MLM advocates try to explain it away by saying that the distributors are just customers. Only a fool would believe that.

    http://www.sylvina.com/blog/index.ph...ing-companies/
    Sure, but note: registering does not mean you are a participant in the plan.

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,349

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Sure, but note: registering does not mean you are a participant in the plan.
    It means you intend to be an Independent Business Owner, which is what you registered as.
    Cat Police - SF

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    It means you intend to be an Independent Business Owner, which is what you registered as.
    Or, you wish to pay a lower price for your products.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    It means you intend to be an Independent Business Owner, which is what you registered as.
    Or, you want to check it out before deciding if you're actually going to do it.

    Anti-mlmers think that if I register to run a marathon, it means I "participated" in the marathon, even if I don't turn up on the day!

    New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....


    Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Or, you wish to pay a lower price for your products.
    The author's credentials:

    Jay Leisner is a compensation plan and direct selling expert, a trusted adviser to network marketing and party plan companies. As the president of Sylvina Consulting, Jay brings over 28 years of unparalleled business experience and success to the direct selling industry, having improved hundreds of party plan and network marketing companies. Jay Leisner and Victoria Dohr authored the top-rated book for new and young network marketing and party plan companies, "Start Here: A Guide For Starting Your Own Home Party Plan Or Network Marketing Company." This startup guide contains 250 pages of wisdom that will guide you through the right steps to start and continue on your journey to build a successful direct selling company.
    Jay and Kevin Thompson, the MLM attorney, co-sponsor the best two-day school for new and young direct selling companies, "The Direct Selling Edge Conference." This conference is held three times each year. It is pure education. Come to our direct selling school as a student to learn what you absolutely need to know.
    Previous to launching Sylvina Consulting in 1999, Jay worked for 13 years with a major direct selling software provider as a software developer, project leader and business analyst to provide both startups and existing companies, in the USA and abroad, with customized software solutions to meet the individual requirements of their businesses.
    Jay contributed in many ways to the success of implementations at Creative Memories, Jafra Cosmetics UK, Matol Botanical, NuSkin, Nutrition for Life, NSA, Shaklee, and Usana. Along the way while helping them, Jay learned the secrets of successful direct selling companies.
    In true entrepreneurial spirit, Jay's decision to start Sylvina Consulting as a direct selling and compensation plan consulting company was driven by what he saw as a need in the marketplace for answers, good advice, and solutions for direct selling companies.
    His in-depth experience working with major companies and new enterprises, his broad knowledge of this marketing channel, his understanding of many types of businesses, and his passion for helping others have earned Jay the respect and admiration of direct selling companies, peers, and employees alike.

    What he said:

    5. Have the majority of sales made to non-participants in the income opportunity (AKA retail customers).

    The toughest one for compliance is number 5. I call this one “the sleeping elephant in the room.”
    While party plan companies comply with this recommendation with no complaints, many network marketing companies struggle with it because of the following problem inherent to their products or services:
    “Few will buy the products or services unless they are independent representatives!”
    What is the problem? It’s either the price or the product itself. One or both aren’t palatable except to those who plan to make money through the income opportunity.
    For these companies, I recommend product line extensions and product pricing to serve the “retail customer” market.
    The Direct Selling Association (DSA) has fought hard to preserve the rights to pay commissions and bonuses on the personal purchases of products and services by independent representatives and so far, this remains legal.
    While there is no codified law today that specifically requires sales to non-participants in the income opportunity, the future is uncertain; it may bring us that law. In addition to minimizing business risks from this possibility, I would say it’s best for businesses of network marketing companies to have retail customers. After all, they are in the business of selling products and services. Why not sell them to everyone, not just to independent reps?
    Where does all of this leave network marketing companies? I say it leaves them in the position where they should encourage sales to retail customers.

    Chris, "Or, you wish to pay a lower price for your products." is misleading. Jay, who has been an adviser to MLM companies with 28 years experience, knows that the distributors are not just customers looking for a discount, he knows that MLM as an industry lacks retailing unless you're talking about a party plan business, and he knows that MLM emphasizes selling to distributors over retailing, which needs to be changed.

    I'm going to believe Jay Leisner before I believe you and the other MLM advocates on this forum.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

    "The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

    "Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    This is the money shot of the whole article:

    “Few will buy the products or services unless they are independent representatives!”
    What is the problem? It’s either the price or the product itself. One or both aren’t palatable except to those who plan to make money through the income opportunity.

    That goes directly against what Chris Doyle and others on this forum are saying when they suggest that MLM distributors are mostly just customers looking for a product discount. He just said, right there in print, that virtually no one will buy the products and services, because either the price is too high, or the product is undesirable (not palatable), unless there is intent to make money from the plan.

    "MLM distributors are mostly customers looking for a product discount" - debunked!

    I'm just going to refer back to this article and thread whenever some liar tries to explain MLM failures as just customers instead of IBO's.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

    "The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

    "Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    This is the money shot of the whole article:

    “Few will buy the products or services unless they are independent representatives!”
    What is the problem? It’s either the price or the product itself. One or both aren’t palatable except to those who plan to make money through the income opportunity.

    That goes directly against what Chris Doyle and others on this forum are saying when they suggest that MLM distributors are mostly just customers looking for a product discount. He just said, right there in print, that virtually no one will buy the products and services, because either the price is too high, or the product is undesirable (not palatable), unless there is intent to make money from the plan.

    "MLM distributors are mostly customers looking for a product discount" - debunked!

    I'm just going to refer back to this article and thread whenever some liar tries to explain MLM failures as just customers instead of IBO's.
    Lol haven't you worked it out yet, it's an article by someone who is anti MLM. Someone just like you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,438

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Lol haven't you worked it out yet, it's an article by someone who is anti MLM. Someone just like you.
    And as usual you cant actually refute the evidence with actual arguments other than your weak position that it's coming from someone who's normally anti MLM. If not, we could easily dismiss any or your arguments and those who are pro MLM with no other reason other than you are pro MLM.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    And as usual you cant actually refute the evidence with actual arguments other than your weak position that it's coming from someone who's normally anti MLM. If not, we could easily dismiss any or your arguments and those who are pro MLM with no other reason other than you are pro MLM.
    What evidence, there is none to refute?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,438

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    What evidence, there is none to refute?
    Plenty of evidence that MLM is a bad option for most people.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Plenty of evidence that MLM is a bad option for most people.
    None at all, just evidence that few do what's required.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,438

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Originally Posted by Joecool44 Plenty of evidence that MLM is a bad option for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    None at all, just evidence that few do what's required.
    It's the same result either way.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,906

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    It's the same result either way.
    It may well be but showing that the reason for failure is down to the IBO, shows that the fault is not the company or MLM as a business.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,438

    Re: Carrot or Stick: Retail Customers for Network Marketing Companies

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    It may well be but showing that the reason for failure is down to the IBO, shows that the fault is not the company or MLM as a business.
    Well, then the flaw is with MLM. When a diamond or some higher level depends on needing downline, those downline are always at a disadvantage and likely to be losing money (if they are active business builders) due to business expenses.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-25-2016, 11:23 PM
  2. I Just Did Network Marketing......
    By ChrisDoyle in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
  3. Why Isn't Everyone in Network Marketing?
    By ChrisDoyle in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 02:38 PM
  4. The Network in Network Marketing
    By bsc8987 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 02:42 AM
  5. Retail Marketing
    By jim418 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 01:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •