+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Big BAng?

No Big BAng?

Say it isn't so.
    (Phys.org) —The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.

The widely accepted age of the universe, as estimated by general relativity, is 13.8 billion years. In the beginning, everything in existence is thought to have occupied a single infinitely dense point, or singularity. Only after this point began to expand in a "Big Bang" did the universe officially begin.

Although the Big Bang singularity arises directly and unavoidably from the mathematics of general relativity, some scientists see it as problematic because the math can explain only what happened immediately after—not at or before—the singularity.
    http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-qua...-universe.html

It's funny how science is able to self correct as new things are learned. Unlike religious "thinkers" that say it's possible for a man to live in a whale, or that the sun stood still in the sky for a day... to name 2 ridiculous things.

I'm surprised that this one hasn't popped up as bible proof yet. I'm sure it will. The god gap.
    Last edited by tomInAustin; 03-24-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: popped not pooped LOL

Re: No Big BAng?

I am amazed no one thinks this is news.

Re: No Big BAng?

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I am amazed no one thinks this is news.
    As long as people stop the bullshit about the idea that some supreme whatever, which supposedly existed before anything else did and created everything after that, I couldn't give a flying F*ck about where the universe came from.

It's there!

What put it there is inconsequential in that it has no effect, whatsoever, on the fact that we exist HERE & NOW!

inconsequential
    ˌɪnkɒnsɪˈkwɛnʃ(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    not important or significant.
    "they talked about inconsequential things"
    synonyms: insignificant, unimportant, of little/no importance, of little/no consequence, of little/no account, of no moment, neither here nor there, incidental, inessential, non-essential, immaterial, irrelevant;

btw, Tom. Sorry to spoil your fun but I accidentally showed Carl how to put people on ignore and he put you on too.

Hey, It ain't all bad! Once he realizes no one else is talking to him, he'll put us both back on his Buddy list.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=1867362&postcount=54

Last edited by Gazza.; 04-19-2015 at 07:41 AM.