+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pay Pal

Pay Pal

Have any of you every gotten a "bogus" email from Pay Pal? I have gotten several saying my account needs to be updated. Just click here and enter "all your personal information." I have never clicked but have gone into my account to be sure everything is O.K. Here is another one:

"The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be "Paypal" saying "kindly send the tracking number and we will release the funds". Paypal does NOT send such emails, ever. Paypal does NOT have escrow or money holding services like that scammer describes. Paypal does NOT demand you send a tracking number before money is sent. EVER. No exceptions. "

Re: Pay Pal

Just don't follow any links. Most of the time it's a phishing attack that occurs and your information is sent to the scammer. They can then login to the Paypal account and use those information for whatever reason they deem necessary.

If you fear there is really an issue, just go directly to Paypal.com or any service (bank account, credit card account, etc) that claims needs to be updated and check by yourself. If there is no alert everything is fine.

Re: Pay Pal

Thanks for posting up that information on a scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com