+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS...marxists and fascists and liberals...oh, my!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    You realize that his post is about CRIME right?

As a realistic attempt to estimate crime, surely you could guesstimate the proportions.
    When I want to know your input Raider I will jerk your tail. I prefer addressing my questions to you as little as possible as you have personal problems answering most questions in a civil manner if indeed you bother to answer them at all. I do not find you a valid source of knowledge, therefore, even your opinions lack substance.

Lady Mod

Pwrone, is this the same book?

THE COLOR OF CRIME

Book Description

"A groundbreaking and extremely innovative book that deserves to receive widespread attention."
    --Thomas J. Bernard, Pennsylvania State University

"As American are becoming increasingly sensitized to ingrained racial pathologies, Katheryn Russell's book, particularly her highly original chapter on racial hoaxes, is a crucial addition to the national discussion on race."

--Jody Armour, Author of Negrophobia and Reasonable Racism

"Russell brilliantly scrutinizes the demonization of black men in the mass media and criminal justice system. Since slavery whites have fabricated fictions of dangerous black men and a distinctive 'black crime,' while playing down the real dominance of (unnamed) 'white crime.' Russell demonstrates that media distortions and racial hoaxes grow from and feed black demonization. Reviewing the failure of reforms to create a fair criminal justice system, and society, she offers imaginative, workable solutions."

--Joe R. Feagin, Coauthor of White Racism

"A groundbreaking and extremely innovative book that deserves to receive widespread attention."
    --Thomas J. Bernard, Pennsylvania State University

When Americans are asked what concerns them most about the direction of the country, crime and racial tensions invariably figure prominently in the answer. In the minds of many, these two problems are inextricably linked. Yet opinions and beliefs about race and crime are often informed as much by myth and preconception as by fact and reality.

In this important book, Katheryn K. Russell surveys the landscape of American crime and identifies some of the country's most significant racial pathologies. Why do Black and White Americans perceive police actions so differently? Is White fear of Black crime justified? Do African Americans really "protect their own"? Should they?

Perhaps the most explosive and troublesome phenomenon at the nexus of race and crime is the racial hoax--a contemporary version of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Examining both White-on-Black hoaxes such as Susan Smith's and Charles Stuart's claims that Black men were responsible for crimes they themselves committed, and Black-on-White hoaxes such as the Tawana Brawley episode, Russell illustrates the formidable and lasting damage that occurs when racial stereotypes are manipulated and exploited for personal advantage. She shows us how such hoaxes have disastrous consequences and compellingly argues for harsher punishments for offenders.

Stressing that journalists, scholars, and policymakers alike have an ethical imperative to disregard and refute inflammatory or wrong-headed work on race, The Color of Crime is a lucid and forceful book, impossible to ignore.

About the Author
    Katheryn K. Russell is Assistant Professor in the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of Maryland. She holds a J.D. from the University of California, Hastings, and a Ph.D. in criminology and criminal justice from the University of Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Oh, it's deliberate...what do you think the anti-gun lobby would have to say? What about real-estate prices? The myth that liberals push about the 'success' of integration and other social programs would be null and void.

check out this link :

http://www.intellectualconservative....ticle4645.html
    I'll read more of the article provided as time permits... thanks.

The 'anti-gun' lobby will have a field day as it is since firearms are the weapon of choice per the FBI report (66% fig. 2.8) with the majority being hand-guns (fig 2.9). As well, firearm usage is up across the board (with the exception of rifles which is down). This tells me that present gun-control laws are not being enforced and that the 'black market' in firearms is still a thriving business.
    Real Estate prices... In my part of the country at least... if you've got a black family purchasing a house in the 500k and up range it's a fair bet they're not bringing a crime wave with them... these are Executive level families, well educated and responsible people. All "Integration" means, with respect to real estate and housing laws is that if you can afford it... you can live there regardless of race. Now 'forced' integration is another matter... for another time.

cheers,
    Paul

Report: Color of Crime

Hi All,

Lady Moderator, the book "The Color of Crime" and the "report" "The Color of Crime"
    are not only different, but diametrically opposed. But I am sure you knew that. ;)

Pwrone, I have said in other posts that numbers can say whatever you want them to say. Like the book "The Color of Crime" examines "racial hoaxes" and "scrutinizes the demonization of black men" and the report "The Color of Crime" *finds*:

Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
    • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
    • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
    • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
    • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
    • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
    • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
    • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
    • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.
    (See link above)

One thing in this "report" rings true. The incarceration rate amoung Blacks and Hispanics is higher then white incarceration rates. Mainly to unfair, an dharshly punitive drug laws. However, these "facts" and "numbers" cannot be verified. Where did they get the data? Who analyzed it? Are they a qualified statistician? Oh, of course if I buy the report all my questions will be answered. They why is this information not submitted to the FBI, Justice Dept. to include in their findings? We will never know, but I for one would like to see all the relevant statistics, analyzed and interpreted before I make a blank statement that blacks are committing more crimes then whites. Actually, I want to least biased information when trying to reach ANY kind of conclusion.

DeeDee1965

Um...yeah...the entire point is that others are not charged with it...That's the point!! Does it make sense to you that with white people attacked in a 15 to 1 ratio by blacks that the hate crimes are being charged fairly? Does it really? You CANNOT be this naive...not possible.

I don't know...rape and murder seem rather hateful.
    Okay... I'm confused :confused:

If what you are saying here is true, then what is YOUR thread "Why Are So Many Black People in Jail?" all about? If they are NOT BEING CHARGED, then why ARE they in jail?????

If seems you are contradicting yourself here, my friend... Can you clarify this for me please? I hate being confused! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    Okay... I'm confused :confused:

If what you are saying here is true, then what is YOUR thread "Why Are So Many Black People in Jail?" all about? If they are NOT BEING CHARGED, then why ARE they in jail?????

If seems you are contradicting yourself here, my friend... Can you clarify this for me please? I hate being confused! ;)

He probably started that other thread BEFORE he limited himself to websites that serve only the Right wing radicals.

:D

LM

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1965
    Report: Color of Crime

Hi All,

Lady Moderator, the book "The Color of Crime" and the "report" "The Color of Crime"
    are not only different, but diametrically opposed. But I am sure you knew that. ;)

Pwrone, I have said in other posts that numbers can say whatever you want them to say. Like the book "The Color of Crime" examines "racial hoaxes" and "scrutinizes the demonization of black men" and the report "The Color of Crime" *finds*:

Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates

• Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
    • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
    • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
    • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

• Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
    • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
    • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
    • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

• Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
    • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

• Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
    • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.
    (See link above)

One thing in this "report" rings true. The incarceration rate amoung Blacks and Hispanics is higher then white incarceration rates. Mainly to unfair, an dharshly punitive drug laws. However, these "facts" and "numbers" cannot be verified. Where did they get the data? Who analyzed it? Are they a qualified statistician? Oh, of course if I buy the report all my questions will be answered. They why is this information not submitted to the FBI, Justice Dept. to include in their findings? We will never know, but I for one would like to see all the relevant statistics, analyzed and interpreted before I make a blank statement that blacks are committing more crimes then whites. Actually, I want to least biased information when trying to reach ANY kind of conclusion.

DeeDee1965

They are taking the FBI stats and crunching numbers...these alarming ratios are easily arrived at by taking the % of blacks who commit violent crimes vs. the % of whites who commit violent crimes. By taking the # of white victims of black crime vs. the # of black victims of white crime. They are presenting their case as over-dramatically as possible, but the ridiculous under-reporting of minority crime has gone on for years and the reluctance of prosecuters to charge minorities with hate-crimes renders those statutes utterly meaningless. When you talk about incarceration rates think of % of population...or..if you will indulge me:
    1000 people
    780 whites
    120 blacks
    100 hispanics
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    100 people in jail
    40 whites
    40 blacks
    20 hispanics
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    % of whites in jail--less than .5%
    % of blacks in jail--3.3%
    % of hispanics in jail--2.0%
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    conclusion:
    Blacks are almost 7 times more likely to be jailed
    hispanics are more than 4 times more likely
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The actual %'s are different, but the ratios hold.

They are taking the FBI stats and crunching numbers...these alarming ratios are easily arrived at by taking the % of blacks who commit violent crimes vs. the % of whites who commit violent crimes. By taking the # of white victims of black crime vs. the # of black victims of white crime. They are presenting their case as over-dramatically as possible, but the ridiculous under-reporting of minority crime has gone on for years and the reluctance of prosecuters to charge minorities with hate-crimes renders those statutes utterly meaningless. When you talk about incarceration rates think of % of population...or..if you will indulge me:
    1000 people
    780 whites
    120 blacks
    100 hispanics
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    100 people in jail
    40 whites
    40 blacks
    20 hispanics
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    % of whites in jail--less than .5%
    % of blacks in jail--3.3%
    % of hispanics in jail--2.0%
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    conclusion:
    Blacks are almost 7 times more likely to be jailed
    hispanics are more than 4 times more likely
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The actual %'s are different, but the ratios hold.
    It's interesting that you've started a thread about crime using a criteria of a person's skin color. I think if your criteria also included income level and educational level, you would get a much truer picture of crime in this country. My guess is that crime in this country has a direct correlation with economic conditions. I surmise that you will see that poverty has as much to do with crime as skin color.

Hi Pwrone,

When using numbers to represent anything, and to be as accurate as possible, the use of statistics is an inexact science. I can take the numbers, you could take the numbers and thre other people could take the numbers and we all would come up with different conclusions. So for now, I will stop trying to explain the numbers. I do not have access to all the information, so I cannot come up with any kind of conclusion.

However, I have indulged you example of incarcertion rates. I am not thinking of population rates, I am thinking of the rate of prosecutions, convictions, and lengths of sentence. Who is brought to trial, what is the charge, how many are convicted, and how long are the jail sentences. This is what I mean, my
    view of the numbers, is different from your view of the numbers.

Hate crimes: You have mentioned in this thread the under reporting of hate crimes done by Blacks and/or Hispanics. I have provided a definition of Hate Crime by the International Association of Chiefs of Police, and a definition from Wikipedia. Both state that a hate crime is a crime done to a person or property because of, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Other violent crimes is done to people, places or property are done for gain, hate, or emotional imbalance. I am not saying that Blacks and Hispanics could not commit hate crimes, but are the "under reported?" Adding in other violent crimes numbers, to hate crime numbers is not accurate.

Um...yeah...the entire point is that others are not charged with it...That's the point!! Does it make sense to you that with white people attacked in a 15 to 1 ratio by blacks that the hate crimes are being charged fairly? Does it really? You CANNOT be this naive...not possible.

I don't know...rape and murder seem rather hateful.
    They are taking the FBI stats and crunching numbers...these alarming ratios are easily arrived at by taking the % of blacks who commit violent crimes vs. the % of whites who commit violent crimes. By taking the # of white victims of black crime vs. the # of black victims of white crime. They are presenting their case as over-dramatically as possible, but the ridiculous under-reporting of minority crime has gone on for years and the reluctance of prosecuters to charge minorities with hate-crimes renders those statutes utterly meaningless.
    Wikipedia Definition of Hate crime

Hate Crime: Defined by IACP

DeeDee1965

By the way, how does politcal correctness, marxists, fascist, and liberals, figure into this thread? I am curious. :)

By the way, how does politcal correctness, marxists, fascist, and liberals, figure into this thread? I am curious. :)
    They are the ones responsible for all that crime, Dee Dee. Anyone not a right wing conservative falls under one of the above umbrellas and therefore are responsible for everything that is wrong as well as for all that crime in our country.

Unless you voted for Bush, you probably fall under one of those headings as well. :rolleyes:

He'll say the same thing, but will put a different twist to it.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

HI Lady Mod,

All I can do is LOL!!

DeeDee1965

HI Lady Mod,

All I can do is LOL!!

DeeDee1965

ROFLOL, that's what most of us do when we read his silly threads. He is a B.A.B.E. for sure and we wouldn't change him for the world. ;)

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Hi Pwrone,

When using numbers to represent anything, and to be as accurate as possible, the use of statistics is an inexact science. I can take the numbers, you could take the numbers and thre other people could take the numbers and we all would come up with different conclusions. So for now, I will stop trying to explain the numbers. I do not have access to all the information, so I cannot come up with any kind of conclusion.

However, I have indulged you example of incarcertion rates. I am not thinking of population rates, I am thinking of the rate of prosecutions, convictions, and lengths of sentence. Who is brought to trial, what is the charge, how many are convicted, and how long are the jail sentences. This is what I mean, my
    view of the numbers, is different from your view of the numbers.

Hate crimes: You have mentioned in this thread the under reporting of hate crimes done by Blacks and/or Hispanics. I have provided a definition of Hate Crime by the International Association of Chiefs of Police, and a definition from Wikipedia. Both state that a hate crime is a crime done to a person or property because of, race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Other violent crimes is done to people, places or property are done for gain, hate, or emotional imbalance. I am not saying that Blacks and Hispanics could not commit hate crimes, but are the "under reported?" Adding in other violent crimes numbers, to hate crime numbers is not accurate.

Wikipedia Definition of Hate crime

Hate Crime: Defined by IACP

DeeDee1965

Political correctness is at the root of the 'hate-crime'...um...issues. And political correctness is an invention of marxists and fascists and an ongoing project for liberals. I misspoke when I referred to 'underreporting' minority crimes...I am referring to the MEDIA'S underreporting of minority crimes in newspapers and newscasts. The best (and worst) example of this was the incident that became known as the 'witchita massacre'...this is quite possibly the worst 'crimes against persons' committed in this country for decades , maybe ever. Most people do not even know of this incident...Court TV removed all references to it from their message boards. They did not cover the trial and reported only the verdicts, and only on the website. If this had been white people, this would have been one of the most sensational trials ever...CTV would have been all over it like the blood-sucking leeches that they are. Do not investigate this horrible crime unless you have an extremely hard heart or are immune to the incomprehensible suffering of others. In other words, DeeDee, as kind as you are, take my word on this. I only mention this incident because it is the worst example of the opinion-shaping that liberals do every day in an attempt to justify their sick agenda, which largely falls under the umbrella of 'political correctness' or , to put it another way, lying.

Political correctness is the poisonous tree and one of it's branches are the 'hate-crime laws...people who chant "kill whitey" are never, and I mean NEVER ,charged with hate crimes while a single n-word will carry that additional sentence. I think all crimes against people are "hate-crimes" and should be punished according to the circumstances...not according to public pressure or some misguided attempt to balance the scales.

Hi Pwrone,

"Political correctness is at the root of the 'hate-crime' issue." How?
    ".. political correctness is an invention of Marxists and fascists" Who and at what time in history?

Thank you for your kind and genuine concern (I mean this :)), but I have looked at the case you mentioned. I cannot in good conscious answer you, without knowing what you are referring to.

Pwrone, nowhere in the account I read was there a mention of the crime being committed BECAUSE the victims were white. That is the shorthand definition of "hate crime." Committing a violent crime against a person because they are a certain race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc. Theft, kidnapping, rape, torture, are not "hate crimes" in this deplorable, vicious, sick crime. The definitions are there for a reason.

If Court TV did not show the trail, well I cannot say why. It "might" have been because seeing a crime committed against young white women and men would anger the Caucasian population. Causing a backlash against the cable station. I could be wrong, it is just a thought.

DeeDee1965

Hi Pwrone,

"Political correctness is at the root of the 'hate-crime' issue." How?
    ".. political correctness is an invention of Marxists and fascists" Who and at what time in history?

Thank you for your kind and genuine concern (I mean this :)), but I have looked at the case you mentioned. I cannot in good conscious answer you, without knowing what you are referring to.

Pwrone, nowhere in the account I read was there a mention of the crime being committed BECAUSE the victims were white. That is the shorthand definition of "hate crime." Committing a violent crime against a person because they are a certain race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc. Theft, kidnapping, rape, torture, are not "hate crimes" in this deplorable, vicious, sick crime. The definitions are there for a reason.

If Court TV did not show the trail, well I cannot say why. It "might" have been because seeing a crime committed against young white women and men would anger the Caucasian population. Causing a backlash against the cable station. I could be wrong, it is just a thought.

DeeDee1965
    Of course this is why, and summarizes my point nicely. It is not as though whites will riot, but these things must be kept from us because they expose the liberal agenda as an abject failure. This has ALWAYS been why these crimes are not reported, or are buried by the media.
    It is percieved that a white person, by being part of the majority, cannot by definition be the victim of a hate-crime. To me, that renders the entire statute meaningless. These brothers used the words honkeys and whiteys and whatever else while committing these crimes--so what? They hated their victims. My argument is basically that anyone who injures another person in such a way hates them...

Are THESE hate crimes? Would these people be victims if not for the color of their skin?

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/beati...g_27_2005.html

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/woman...g_19_2005.html

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/pizza...b_27_2005.html

This is an interesting take on the origins of p.c.

http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html
    Last edited by pwrone; 10-19-2005 at 09:11 AM.

Hi Pwrone,

Of course this is why, and summarizes my point nicely. It is not as though whites will riot, but these things must be kept from us because they expose the liberal agenda as an abject failure. This has ALWAYS been why these crimes are not reported, or are buried by the media.
    It is percieved that a white person, by being part of the majority, cannot by definition be the victim of a hate-crime. To me, that renders the entire statute meaningless. These brothers used the words honkeys and whiteys and whatever else while committing these crimes--so what? They hated their victims. My argument is basically that anyone who injures another person in such a way hates them...
    (1) This cannot be proved one way or the other. It is a personal perception. If you think Liberals are suppressing information to hide the fact their agenda is a failure, what can I say to that? It might be true, it might not be true, that is a personal perception.

(2) What I am trying to say is "hate crimes" have a specific meaning. Those among us who do not agree. so be it.

3. 4.
    This is an interesting take on the origins of p.c.
    http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html
    (3) I read the descriptions of the links you provided and I could not find an incident of violence done BECAUSE of the race (sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc.). Of the victims. I just did not see it.

(4) I read the link about Political Correctness. I will say this, I do not, in ANY form, condone, tolerate,or recognize; stupidity, non-critical thinking, non-analytical thinking, ignorance, small-mindedness, lack of imagination, and lack of vision. This includes, political correctness, ideologies, dogma, Brave New World doublespeak, skewed results of any kind, biased results of any kind.

So in some ways we agree. :)

DeeDee1965