+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you know? It was a scam all along!

Are we really surprised?

Tyndale House, a major Christian publisher, has announced that it will stop selling “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven,” by Alex Malarkey and his father, Kevin Malarkey.

The best-selling book, first published in 2010, purports to describe what Alex experienced while he lay in a coma after a car accident when he was 6 years old. The coma lasted two months, and his injuries left him paralyzed, but the subsequent spiritual memoir – with its assuring description of “miracles, angels, and life beyond This World” – became part of a popular genre of “heavenly tourism.”

Earlier this week, Alex recanted his testimony about the afterlife. In an open letter to Christian bookstores posted on the Pulpit and Pen Web site, Alex states flatly: “I did not die. I did not go to Heaven.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-to-publisher/

Queue the Crickets.

Re: What do you know? It was a scam all along!

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Are we really surprised?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-to-publisher/

Queue the Crickets.
    No, no one, even hardcore Christians, is surprised.
    Cat Police - SF

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    Really, no one? How about people that think the earth is 4k years old? How about people that think Noah had 2 of every animal in a boat?

Surprised? Possibly...

Disappointed as hell? angry even? ....u betcha!

The fact that his name is Malarkey made me think he was a hoax, or related to jhokey...

So much for that evidence...

rofl
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Really, no one? How about people that think the earth is 4k years old? How about people that think Noah had 2 of every animal in a boat?
    They can still believe that. The kid was a scam.
    Cat Police - SF

They can still believe that. The kid was a scam.
    Of course the kid was a scam, or delusional.

Of course the kid was a scam, or delusional.
    Delusional, like all 'believers', yes, even my grandmother....:blunt:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Delusional, like all 'believers', yes, even my grandmother
    You're on a roll now!
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    You're on a roll now!
    Glad you're enjoying yourself. I know I am! Surely...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Bump!!

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

not enough info.....if he lied once....maybe its a family squabble like over the money!? :bah:::spin2::spidey:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

another thing about the human mind is the ability to forget........an interesting topic all by itself!? we talk about what are called MEMES and these are memorized or maybe more accurately MESMORIZED lines of thought/feeling expressed in language and emotion!? if you've ever witnessed the acts of hypnotism you can get an idea of what i mean here!? and there are 2 kinds of hypnotism, outside influence hypnotism and self hypnotism. we know from the stage acts/courtroom/personal experiences that people can "remember" things that never happened so the reverse is just forgetting things that DID happen. happens all the time you might say......we are just to busy to notice/make anything out of it!? what it really reveals is that we can control NOTHING in our existence. we can only follow our inner directives to good or bad conclusions/results. the only question is........what is the SOURCE of these directives!? and is there a SPONTANEOUSLY totally ACCURATE and INFALLIBLE source to draw from!? and is this KNOWLEDGE a thing of MEMORY to be learned or is it a living entity to be in communication with like tuning in a radio station!? forget the tuning and cease to believe it existed!? another question might be are we born PRE-TUNED!? and we also know that radio stations can be faint or strong depending on distance and output power. as memories can be faint or definate!? and what about the term SIGNAL!? what is the significance of a signal if it is weak and indefinite!? does it not get IGNORED or blocked from perception due to its Unsuitability!? its lack of definable personal valuation!? when we say someone changes their mind about something......how is that possible!? do they tune something OUT and tune into something NEW!? or do they compare the valuation of 2 tunings and reject 1!? how do they do that!? cause not everyone CAN do that easily!? and with some it seems impossible!? its like something else is required call it the FREEDOM to make choices!? freedom being a CONDITION of the EMOTIONAL seat/source of mind!? call it a SENSE of mind itself!? rather then a physical sense. call it a sense that ALLOWS EVERYTHING and only WE choose to SENSOR it but what is interesting is why we censor it and HOW we censor it!? and how we gain or lose that ability over time or before our own time(birth) begins!? getting back to the idea of MEMORY what does it mean in our daily existence but a HAPPENING that is no longer PRESENT you might say, but PASSED out of our chain of events some maybe easily recreated and others impossible to recreate at WILL!? which brings up another aspect of event planning as willful and wishful!? if 1 could remember 1's will in the matter of a memory sufficiently would it permit the actual recreatioin vs the seemingly impotent wishful thinking!? is all MEMORY actually an aspect OF wishful thinking!? and the very ability TO remember simply the acts of a WEAK WILL!? so then a sufficient POWER called WILL is the ability to make anything happen at the mere THOUGHT!?(magic defined) and is all thought derived from MEMORY!? and is WILL itself a THOUGHTLESS undefinable SOURCE!? if will is NOT definable by thought then how IS it defined!? with what INSTRUMENT of the human construction can we define it by!? so we come back to EMOTION which can be defined by INTUITION or inner directive if you WILL!? is it this SENSE called intuition with which we personally are DEFINED by the WILL of our EMOTIONS!? emotions=will defined to/by OURSELVES!? the so called SOUL of our existence and perceptions!? so in a final observation it may be apparent that our combined emotional SENSE is the determining factor for a large part of our ACTUAL physical existence!? maybe the WHOLE SHEBANG!? which stirs up the saying of liar liar pants on fire.........ok......nevermind, i got work to do that's what my inner directive is telling me....kinda faint though i'm gonna haf ta help it out!? OR ELSE!! :judges: :freak3: :bah: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

"They" think it's 6,000 years old. And it's two of unclean animals and 7 paor of the clean (for food).

If you're gonna criticize a belief, at least get your facts straight.

And JESUS SAID, "NO MAN JAS ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN EXCEPT THE SON OF MAN WHO CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN."

I believe Jesus.
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.

I believe Jesus.
    I do too. When Jesus mows my yard he then tells me I owe him 30 bucks... I believe him enough to pay him.

Now some character in a poorly written fantasy novel about a zombie that's his own father? Not so much.

I don't understand why God wouldn't do something that would show all on Earth he really exists. I mean he's God, all powerful, he surely could show himself to all. Not that him showing himself, or what ever would work to show he really exists, would change everyone's beliefs but it may swing Tom and Ohein the other way. lol

What if God mowed Tom's lawn for him, the lawn just becomes short with no person or mower to be seen and then Tom hears a voice saying, keep the change and this voice came from above.
    Would you be a believer then, Tom?

Seriously Tom what would prove to you there is a God, what could he do to prove it to you and others?

He has. Look around. Of course that goes completely over your head.

Get back to me when you can make any living thing.
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.