+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What do you know? It was a scam all along!

Not that him showing himself, or what ever would work to show he really exists, would change everyone's beliefs but it may swing Tom and Ohein the other way. lol
    Sorry, but Got doesn't perform for these two goofballs. They're on their own.
    Lose a pound a day, every day. I personally lost 60 pounds in 60 days. My free 47 page PDF eBook explains how. CLICK HERE to read online, or download your free copy.

Seriously Tom what would prove to you there is a God, what could he do to prove it to you and others?
    According to the book, God needs to do nothing. Carl can do it, move mountains, raise the dead etc. But this particular fantasy has a built in loophole. People always respond with either "God does not do tricks" or "you have to have faith".

But to answer your question directly (since i am one of the few that will do that) I'll give you a few choices.

1. Beatles reunion hosted by Frank Sinatra?
    2. Have Thomas Jefferson do a press conference to tell us what the 2nd amendment really meant?
    3. Have Carl live in a whale's belly for 3 days on CNN. Then have him walk on water back to shore after he gets out.*
    4. Best of all have him show up, feed the hungry, cure the sick, destroy the wicked, rain in drought stricken areas, dry up in floods, stop all war, and explain all the errors in his book. Let us know exactly what we need to do with out all the codes, parables, discrepancies, and fables.

I'd join the church that very day. That is the difference between thinkers and sheep. PResented with evidence I'll change.

* This one is the root of it all, people like Carl want to be the ones walking on water while looking down on everyone else.

I doubt there's anything that could happen that would convince all people there really is a God and people have free will so there will always be good and bad deeds.
    The Bible tells us Jesus was here on Earth and doing good deeds, miracles that should have convinced witness's he was God and what happened, we killed him.

Tom if you were convinced there is a God would you live your life any differently? From what you're saying it sounds like you do believe if you believed in God you should join a church and be saved? Then what, you go to Heaven if you do the right thing? Because you now believe in God you change your evil ways? Maybe you feel if you really knew there was a God you would have peace of mind? Could be if people all of a sudden had proof there really was a God they would panic because they would know they were in big trouble of having after lasting life.

This entire discussion about religion, God etc seems to come back to, the world would be a better place without religion. The world would be the same with or without religion. People living their lives doing good and bad things, illness, atrocities, etc. Also if God did show himself in some way people would still be who they are and able to do both good and bad. If you want a change so that the world is filled with all good God needs wipe out this world and start over.

From what you've posted you are saying you don't like those that look down on others because they think they are better because they are good Christians. People tend to judge others so that they can feel better about themselves religion or not. People find a reason to kill and hate others, religion or not.

I would love to have Jesus come back and have me present so I could observe the perfect person. With all of the imperfections man has wouldn't it be something to observe the perfect person interacting with all of us sinners?

i think toms NON problem is he is enjoying the GRACE given him which convinces him he is on his OWN!? if that grace were removed he would THEN KNOW there is a god!? but to quote something he said.......Let us know exactly what we need to do with out all the codes, parables, discrepancies, and fables........lets examine this statement.......obviously tom KNOWS what he needs to KNOW to get by at whatever level of human comforts he is accustom to!? what he does NOT know(admit) is THAT KNOWING is the god presence in his life!? the reason the BOOK is necessary is that he takes this for GRANTED(grace)......which it IS but that in itself is not a guarantee he will NOT screw it UP and lose it!?(a whole nuther topic) granted the BOOK is no easy READ you might say and it as written by/THRU the minds of men and you might say is a remnant of many pieces of human history with god!? .......on the other hand, he is right to be a skeptic which is in my view a natural reaction to the claimed extraordinary you might say!? he obviously does NOT fit the mold of the biblical characters who have NOT SEEN and yet believed!? this you might say is the PARADOX of believing.........and yet we can see this same thing in ordinary life.......why do anything if you dont HAVE TO!? and trying is no guarantee of success and even trying is WRONG in the sense that without resolute determination failure can reinforce the UNBELIEF!? which brings us to the very IDEA of success an failure!? we hardly NOTICE our everyday successes and failures in the smallest sense like say WHY dont i FEEL like taking out the trash!? the whole idea of what we call PROCRASTINATION as FAILURE or success!? but of course i should ad in the GUIDE called SYNCHRONIZATION!? whether it is MAN made or OTHER!? i'll synchronize taking out the trash with another planned or unplanned eventuality!? so here we are looking at procrastination and possibly wondering WHY!? could it be because we VALUE LEISURE MORE than DUTY!? what if we said LEISURE allows us to do what we FEEL like ALL the time!? of course that would be the IDEAL leisure!? which who can say anybody KNOWS!? we are left with the IMPERFECT LEISURE which can be described as..........WAITING FOR that perfect leisure to APPEAR!? that PERFECT SYCHRONIZATION of MIND with events and matters!? it may or may NOT dawn on this that a god for guidance is the SIMPLEST(theoretical) answer to THAT delimna!? like the ol' sayin goes, its not WHAT cha know but WHO ya know that COUNTS!? gettin ta know you....gettin to know al about you...... :crazy1: :nervouss: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I doubt there's anything that could happen that would convince all people there really is a God and people have free will so there will always be good and bad deeds.
    The Bible tells us Jesus was here on Earth and doing good deeds, miracles that should have convinced witness's he was God and what happened, we killed him.
    Of course the antichrist is supposed to come around and do miracles too right?

Tom if you were convinced there is a God would you live your life any differently? From what you're saying it sounds like you do believe if you believed in God you should join a church and be saved? Then what, you go to Heaven if you do the right thing? Because you now believe in God you change your evil ways? Maybe you feel if you really knew there was a God you would have peace of mind? Could be if people all of a sudden had proof there really was a God they would panic because they would know they were in big trouble of having after lasting life.
    First off I do not have evil ways. I am not always good but I am mostly good. What I meant is if there was proof that there was a god then I would do what he asked. If there was proof of eterinty in paradise of course I would follow all the rules.

This entire discussion about religion, God etc seems to come back to, the world would be a better place without religion. The world would be the same with or without religion. People living their lives doing good and bad things, illness, atrocities, etc. Also if God did show himself in some way people would still be who they are and able to do both good and bad. If you want a change so that the world is filled with all good God needs wipe out this world and start over.
    Very well said. I would add that if one religion was missing, another would pop up to take its place. There seems to be a built in need in some people to believe and also try and control others via that belief system. I have no doubt that people like Carl would be jihadists if they lived in a muslim country. Here he cries libtard and god hater. There he would scream infidel.

From what you've posted you are saying you don't like those that look down on others because they think they are better because they are good Christians. People tend to judge others so that they can feel better about themselves religion or not. People find a reason to kill and hate others, religion or not.
    Religion is almost always a power thing. A way to control people and gather wealth, sex and power.

I would love to have Jesus come back and have me present so I could observe the perfect person. With all of the imperfections man has wouldn't it be something to observe the perfect person interacting with all of us sinners?
    Agree

i think toms NON problem is he is enjoying the GRACE given him which convinces him he is on his OWN!? if that grace were removed he would THEN KNOW there is a god!? but to quote something he said.......Let us know exactly what we need to do with out all the codes, parables, discrepancies, and fables........lets examine this statement.......obviously tom KNOWS what he needs to KNOW to get by at whatever level of human comforts he is accustom to!? what he does NOT know(admit) is THAT KNOWING is the god presence in his life!? the reason the BOOK is necessary is that he takes this for GRANTED(grace)
    Which book, bible, koran, torah, harry potter... ?

from a possible practical approach....how about........how to get rich and feel good kicking ass while saving america?! i just googled trump books and didn't realize how many there are!? i also have become interested in the downton abbey drama especially its behind the scenes and documentary on old english traditions and practices. reminds me of the caste system where you are born into a social class and stay there your whole life!? :judges: :rotz: :freak3:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you