+ Reply to Thread

walmart.com free shipping scam

So I went to walmart.com just to check on some new movies coming out and such, I saw that they had a free shipping option, well let me tell you this is a scam. It first clearly states that the order must be over $50 which is fine, and most of the items especially perishable groceries are not available for shipping, which is fine. Well I did an order of all heavy stuff, like kitty litter, cat food, canned goods, 12 packs of soda, and snacks for the kids.

My thought process was I don't have to go to the store, I don't have to find any of the items I don't have to waiting line, load my car, possibly forget something which I always do, unload my car.I was very proud of myself with coming up with an efficient way of shopping. I would get everything delivered right to my house and I could stock up on a lot of things that I otherwise would forget. I was thinking that I can take care of all my essentials once a month then hit the grocery store for my meats veggies and fruits.

Well my order was $60, for some stupid reason there is two deliveries. The first delivery had half of the order which took 3 weeks. Now its been 6 weeks now and I still haven't gotten my second part of the order. When I login to walmart.com I see the one part was delivered and the other one is on its way and it said that for two weeks, so I don't know what to believe.

If you're using walmart.com for something like toilet paper, you better have some backup newspapers or tissues because you are going to be waiting a very long time.
    Last edited by Administrator; 01-16-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Re: walmart.com free shipping scam

What a bummer Sviat. I've really learned to watch what I order online and from whom simply for this reason. Did you get your free shipping since they split the order? My guess would be no. Sometimes it's better to fight the crowds and the "people of Wal-Mart" to get what you need without waiting several weeks.

Re: walmart.com free shipping scam

Quote Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
    When I login to walmart.com I see the one part was delivered and the other one is on its way and it said that for two weeks, so I don't know what to believe.
    So, has Wal-Mart shipped the second half of the order?

Or, has the carrier (UPS, FedEx, or whomever) lost the package?