+ Reply to Thread

Iphone Ebay Scam

I recently sold an iPhone on eBay, the guy who bought it is now saying both the power button and home button have stopped working. The phone was working fine before I sent it, he now wants a refund of some of the money I sent him or to return it for a full refund. Does this sound scammy? The only reason I'm unsure is because it's hard for both buttons to simultaneously fail at the same time.

Re: Iphone Ebay Scam

It does sound like a scam to me. If you know that it was working then it should still be working. Unless it got broke in the mail...but I would google Iphone ebay scam if I were you.

Re: Iphone Ebay Scam

Quote Originally Posted by SCAMS View Post
    I recently sold an iPhone on eBay, the guy who bought it is now saying both the power button and home button have stopped working. The phone was working fine before I sent it, he now wants a refund of some of the money I sent him or to return it for a full refund. Does this sound scammy? The only reason I'm unsure is because it's hard for both buttons to simultaneously fail at the same time.
    Depends on what option you had as to return policy. Ebay wants any bad or defective merchandise to be as promoted, so if you offered refund, then flush it out be requesting it be returned which usually works to resolve any issues of non working item. Think about it, would you want to keep phone if it didn't work? Even if you refunded a few dollars, it does not sound reasonable as phones are not easy to repair unless you are in the business, so check his feedback and what items he has been selling to get better handle on refund request.