+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Herbalife Is Getting Crushed

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/herbal...192934025.html

Herbalife is getting crushed.

In afternoon trade on Monday, shares of the multi-level marketing firm were down as much as 13% amid a terrible day for the stock market.

Most recently, hedge fund manager Bill Ackman appeared on Bloomberg TV in December to discuss his massive short position on the company, and as Business Insider's Julia La Roche noted at the time, he appeared as confident in his position as he has in a long time.

Ackman told Bloomberg that he and his team uncovered an internal Herbalife video that he said shows deceptive recruiting practices.

And in 2014, Ackman had just a monster year.

Now 2015 is off to a great start.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Re: Herbalife Is Getting Crushed

Another interesting Herbalife development.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102314791#.

The chief architect of Soros Fund Management's bullish bet on Herbalife has quietly departed.

Paul Sohn, a portfolio manager at billionaire George Soros' influential personal investing shop, left the firm late last year, according to people familiar with the situation.

Sohn did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

"Paul Sohn's departure is unrelated to any position the firm may have or has had in Herbalife," Michael Vachon, a spokesman for Soros said in an email to CNBC.
    Sohn is known as the man who got Soros into its position on Herbalife, the controversial nutritional supplements company that Bill Ackman and his Pershing Square Capital Management have famously bet against as a "pyramid scheme." The company strongly denies the charge.

In 2013, the New York Post reported that Sohn was gunning for Ackman. "George Soros broke the Bank of England," Sohn reportedly said at an investment ideas dinner, "George Soros can break the back of Ackman."

Soros has been cutting its Herbalife stake as the stock has taken a beating.

Soros held 1.89 million shares of the stock as of Sept. 30, down from 2.85 million the previous quarter, according to public filings. Herbalife is now Soros' 56th largest holding. Shares fell more than 50 percent in 2014 and the stock has fallen again in 2015 on high buying and selling.

Also recently departed from Soros are portfolio manager Randy Yuen and analyst Nils Tristan, according to people familiar with the situation.

Both men did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Another article about Herbalife. Bill Ackman says Herbalife is like Bernie Madoff. With the light shining on them, people avid the scam (not verbatim)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102314897#.

Activist investor Bill Ackman renewed his attack on Herbalife during a CNBC interview Wednesday, likening the nutrition and weight management company to Bernie Madoff.

"Herbalife, we're doing God's work," he added.

"When you shine sunlight on Madoff it makes it difficult for Madoff to find victims. The same thing is happening at Herbalife," the founder of the $18 billion Pershing Square Capital Management hedge fund said on "Squawk Box" as the show debuted in its new home in New York City.

Ackman first shorted Herbalife on May 1, 2012. When he went public with his position in December 2012, the hedge fund manager called the company a "pyramid scheme" and said his position was worth $1 billion. The company has strongly denied Ackman's charges ever since.
    Herbalife stock has tanked more than 20 percent in the past five trading sessions—almost 8 percent of that decline on Tuesday alone. That's on top of a 50 percent loss for all of 2014.

The stock has been moving lower recently, Ackman said, because the company is going to miss earnings and will have to redo its guidance. He said there's a massive seller in the market and that can be seen by looking at short-term option trading.

Ackman also claimed: "You have a flight of top [Herbalife] distributors, senior employees from around the world, contacting us, contacting the government, sharing information."

The company did not respond to a CNBC request for comment.

LOL ... Joe C nailed this opp over and over again !!

Good job sir

Quote Originally Posted by Cons Lie View Post
    LOL ... Joe C nailed this opp over and over again !!

Good job sir
    Thank you!

Herbalife is having to comply with the FTC injunctions and their stock is tanking. It's trading at 52 right now and just after the FTC announcement, the stock had gone up to 72 as people had misunderstood the settlement and took it as good news. People are now realizing that it wasn't good news.

Good pick by President Trump for Secretary of Education, Betsy deVos, daughter in law of Amway founder Richard deVos joey boy, what do you think?
    With The Donald being pro MLM, I think there will be a change in the wind, the FTC won't be having their way like they've done with the liberal leadership.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Good pick by President Trump for Secretary of Education, Betsy deVos, daughter in law of Amway founder Richard deVos joey boy, what do you think?
    With The Donald being pro MLM, I think there will be a change in the wind, the FTC won't be having their way like they've done with the liberal leadership.
    Christy, MLM is a scam that can't stand on its own merits so it needs insider connections, loopholes and all the protection that lobbyists can drum up.

There's no MLM I know of where even a third make a net profit. That's alos a sign of a pyramid scheme, where the vast majority of participants lose money. Take Herbalife for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Christy, MLM is a scam that can't stand on its own merits so it needs insider connections, loopholes and all the protection that lobbyists can drum up.

There's no MLM I know of where even a third make a net profit. That's alos a sign of a pyramid scheme, where the vast majority of participants lose money. Take Herbalife for example.
    There’s no MLM that I know of where even a third TRY to make a profit. Good luck, your liberal, intrusive, controlling ways are over now in the US of A.

"People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

There’s no MLM that I know of where even a third TRY to make a profit.
    Keep guessing. Maybe you'll get it right one day.

Good luck, your liberal, intrusive, controlling ways are over now in the US of A.
    I voted for Trump.

I voted for Trump.
    I wonder how D Trump really feels about MLM. He had an MLM company at one time, how did it do? Maybe he still has it, need to check that out.

Trump's University didn't do so well. Chris thinks Trump will be pro MLM and lighten up on the rules but could go the other way.

We'll see in the coming months what change may come about and this may give discussion about MLM a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I wonder how D Trump really feels about MLM. He had an MLM company at one time, how did it do? Maybe he still has it, need to check that out.

Trump's University didn't do so well. Chris thinks Trump will be pro MLM and lighten up on the rules but could go the other way.

We'll see in the coming months what change may come about and this may give discussion about MLM a boost.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/us...niversity.html

Donald J. Trump has reversed course and agreed on Friday to pay $25 million to settle a series of lawsuits stemming from his defunct for-profit education venture, Trump University, finally putting to rest fraud allegations by former students, which have dogged him for years and hampered his presidential campaign.
    I think the president elect has much more important things to do than to work on favoring the MLM industry. The apologists are all reading into the selection of Betsy DeVos as a sign that the MLM industry will be favored by the new Administration.

While it's certainly possible, I have to think there are much greater priorities for the new president.

Joe thanks for the link about Trump University. After I posted to this thread I've been reading up on this topic.
    After thinking about Trump getting sued over his University, I now see students sue Universities over their tuition and education. Lawsuits over anything and everything these days.
    http://education-law.lawyers.com/sch...blessness.html
    Also it seems Trump endorsed ACN and other MLM's but since his involvement with the Presidency he's backed away from his endorsements. Also Ben Carson, Bush and also Huckabee have endorsed MLM. From what I can find Trump didn't own an MLM but did endorse.
    Of course those who don't care for MLM or Trump, see Trump's endorsements as him being a crook.

Joe you're correct with Trump has so much on his plate right now I'm certain MLM hasn't entered his mind. I'm looking forward to finding out if the FTC lightens up on MLM's during the Trump presidency.
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 11-25-2016 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added a link

I voted for Trump.
    Well done, by doing that you've helped the industry you profess to hate!

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post

I think you’ll find he is very pro MLM.

I think you’ll find he is very pro MLM.

I believe the president elect has more important things to worry about to be messing around with MLM.

I believe the president elect has more important things to worry about to be messing around with MLM.
    Of course he has, but he is still pro MLM and he will make sure that others in position of power won’t be anti MLM. Just my opinion of course.