+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

conservapedia.com

Thanks to Kelderek for pointing me to a great new time waster.

http://www.conservapedia.com/

This site is the funniest one yet. Here's a few samples

Creation science asserts that the biblical account, that dinosaurs were created on day six of creation approximately 6,000 years ago, along with other land animals, and therefore co-existed with humans, thus debunking the Theory of Evolution and the beliefs of evolutionary scientists about the age and creation of the earth.
    Hard to argue with that logic right?

Creationist research is having a global effect that is worrying the atheists and secularists of this world. They have had it all their own way for over a century but things are slowly changing. For almost twenty five years now, Journal of Creation has been publishing cutting-edge creationist research that has been fueling the war against evolution, creating little fires all around the world, including Great Britain.
    Science is running scared,

Creationism, a religious world view that adamantly rejects Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution, is on the rise among evangelical Protestants and most of the world’s Muslims.

LOL, sold yet?

Find your own examples and lets discuss.

Re: conservapedia.com

Here is the best one I've found yet.

As proof of creationism these bozos say the oldest known star is 6,000 light years away exactly as the Bible would have prodicted.

Distance of Oldest Star to Earth
    The Book of Genesis implies that the distance of the oldest star to Earth is how far light would travel during the age of mankind: about 6000 light-years. In 2014, a team of researchers discovered that the oldest star is indeed only 6000 light-years away.[25]
    The footnote [25] is a link to an evil scaince site (lol)

A team led by astronomers at The Australian National University has discovered the oldest known star in the Universe, which formed shortly after the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago. -
    http://www.astrobio.net/pressrelease...known-universe

So these guys quote a science site that says the oldest star found yet is 13 billion years old!

http://www.conservapedia.com/Biblica...e#cite_note-24

Too funny...Jim Jones and his church was an "atheist cult"...?!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I read the article on Conservapedia and did not see the word atheist anywhere on the Jim Jones article.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I read the article on Conservapedia and did not see the word atheist anywhere on the Jim Jones article.
    Leave it to jokey, the research king to overlook the obvious....it's on the front page in the subheading "Atheist Cults"...found in the main heading "Popular Articles at Conservapedia".

...whatsa matter jokey, comprehension issues?! rofl

In case u miss it, again...

Jim Jones

Jim Jones - Marxist, atheist cult leader. Jim Jones' The Peoples Temple became a place where atheism was blended with seeing Jones as a Christ-like figure.[11] Under his direction, his followers committed mass suicide (see: Atheism and suicide).

"I was an atheist even then, and at that funeral parlor they held me up to look at her, and when I got down, I was bitter." - Jim Jones [12]

"So on down the road, I became even more alienated by that event. I decided, how can I demonstrate my Marxism? The thought was, infiltrate the church." - Jim Jones
    So, in other words jokey, Jones was just another lying hypocrite, using the church for his weird, egomaniacal agenda.

Sounds kinda like you in fact! Is that why you're so afraid of being found out jokey...is that why you hide, cause you're a whack-o cult leader yourself?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Tom, check out the "Counterexamples to Evolution" page...it's the mother-lode of delusional scrapheaps...it's got a 'million of em'...!

Here's a few of my favs...

Evolution cannot explain artistic beauty, such as brilliant autumn foliage and the staggering array of beautiful marine fish, both of which originated before any human to view them; this lacks any plausible evolutionary explanation. Moreover, some non-creationists claim that beauty is only in the eye of the beholder, that is, beauty is a human concept. This is not true because many animals, such as elephants, have been seen to respect beauty (albeit in their own way).

Parsimonious repetition of design elements throughout Creation, e.g. the eye's appearance in remarkably different species. For such complex structures to arise repeatedly via evolution is impossible, as evolution is an inherently random and historically contingent process.....(HUH!? WTF!? rofl)

For evolution to be true, every male dog, cat, horse, elephant, giraffe, fish and bird had to have coincidentally evolved with a female alongside it (over billions of years) with fully evolved compatible reproductive parts and a desire to mate, otherwise the species couldn't keep going. (Did jokey think that doozy up!?)

And finally...

Evolution should lead to the extinction of homosexuality, yet to this day homosexuality continues to exist....oh snap...(Hey guys, maybe a good ol genocide treatment is in order, again...start prayin!)

Don't worry, there's plenty more!

Click Here
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You are actually both right...

Conservapedia is not very consistent, you can find conflicting stataments everywhere.

In this case, they are trying to deny that Jim Jones was a Christian and place him among "Atheist Cults".
    At the same time, they state that he was a "fully-ordained minister under the Disciples of Christ."

In reality, Jim Jones started out as a Christian priest, founded his own church, but later left Christianity to lead his won cult, made up from a mix of Chrisitianity, Buddhism, Communism and almost everything you can imagine . At one stage, he claimed to be a reincarnation of Jesus...

Organized religion made Jim Jones to what he became. That's a fact and that is what Conservapedia is trying to franticly deny.

I especially like this passage in their biography on him, describing his childhood:

Biographies of favorite world leaders were read, among them Machiavelli, Gandhi, Marx, Stalin, and Hitler.
    When did Machiavelli and Marx become "world leaders"? :cwm2:

"Quantifying Openmindedness"...you've GOT to be KIDDING!!

Click Here!

How many times have I posted this?

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

One of the weirdest initiatives by Conservapedia is their project to rewrite the Bible:

Conservative Bible Project

Yep, they are actually trying to rewrite the Bible and get rid of "liberal bias". :cwm2:

This includes deleting passages that they don't fancy, like the story of the adulteress.
    And the following worlds by Jesus (Luke 23:34):

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.
    We have often seen claims here at scam.com that the Bible texts are "from God" and that they lacks contradictions as well as errors.
    If so, why the need to rewrite it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    One of the weirdest initiatives by Conservapedia is their project to rewrite the Bible:

Conservative Bible Project

Yep, they are actually trying to rewrite the Bible and get rid of "liberal bias". :cwm2:

This includes deleting passages that they don't fancy, like the story of the adulteress.
    And the following worlds by Jesus (Luke 23:34):

We have often seen claims here at scam.com that the Bible texts are "from God" and that they lacks contradictions as well as errors.
    If so, why the need to rewrite it?

This has been brewing for a long time. You'll notice that the loony right ignores the parts they don't like so why not just edit them out. You can see many examples on this very forum. Ask a question and it gets ignored.

Leave it to jokey, the research king to overlook the obvious....it's on the front page in the subheading "Atheist Cults"...found in the main heading "Popular Articles at Conservapedia".

...whatsa matter jokey, comprehension issues?! rofl
    You have the comprehension issues. The article doesn't mention atheist.

Originally Posted by Joecool44
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

You have the comprehension issues. The article doesn't mention atheist.
    Acaully the article Kerry mentioned does mention Athiests.

Jim Jones

Jim Jones - Marxist, atheist cult leader. Jim Jones' The Peoples Temple became a place where atheism was blended with seeing Jones as a Christ-like figure.[11] Under his direction, his followers committed mass suicide (see: Atheism and suicide).
    "I was an atheist even then, and at that funeral parlor they held me up to look at her, and when I got down, I was bitter." - Jim Jones [12]
    "So on down the road, I became even more alienated by that event. I decided, how can I demonstrate my Marxism? The thought was, infiltrate the church." - Jim Jones
    http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheist_cults#Jim_Jones

The linked article on Jones does not. But again the one Kerry said did. Be careful who you accuse of comprehension issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    You are actually both right...

Conservapedia is not very consistent, you can find conflicting stataments everywhere.

In this case, they are trying to deny that Jim Jones was a Christian and place him among "Atheist Cults".
    At the same time, they state that he was a "fully-ordained minister under the Disciples of Christ."

In reality, Jim Jones started out as a Christian priest, founded his own church, but later left Christianity to lead his won cult, made up from a mix of Chrisitianity, Buddhism, Communism and almost everything you can imagine . At one stage, he claimed to be a reincarnation of Jesus...

Organized religion made Jim Jones to what he became. That's a fact and that is what Conservapedia is trying to franticly deny.

I especially like this passage in their biography on him, describing his childhood:

When did Machiavelli and Marx become "world leaders"? :cwm2:
    I have friends that were effected by JimJones, that lost family in jonestown...I grew up in Ukiah, six miles south of Redwood Valley, where the madness all started pretty much.

For the concerv site to try and attribute his actions as 'atheistic', is a sad testament to their inability to deal with any truth at any level...

It's DELUSION at it's worst.

I'm sure jokey will spend time there, reveling in it, swearing he's "found the light, the way"...conserv4ever as well.

Fascinating site...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Acaully the article Kerry mentioned does mention Athiests.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheist_cults#Jim_Jones

The linked article on Jones does not. But again the one Kerry said did. Be careful who you accuse of comprehension issues.
    I was going to respond, but what's the point?...:crazy1:

I'm sure you've got it wrong as well.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I was going to respond, but what's the point?...:crazy1:

I'm sure you've got it wrong as well.
    I know. It does get old when people ignore it when you prove them wrong.

Quick run and hide coward!

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

I have friends that were effected by JimJones, that lost family in jonestown...I grew up in Ukiah, six miles south of Redwood Valley, where the madness all started pretty much.

For the concerv site to try and attribute his actions as 'atheistic', is a sad testament to their inability to deal with any truth at any level...

It's DELUSION at it's worst.

I'm sure jokey will spend time there, reveling in it, swearing he's "found the light, the way"...conserv4ever as well.

Fascinating site...
    Can you tell me what CHRISTIAN principles the Jones cult taught? He had NOTHING to do with Christianity. THIS is why the Scriptures actually WARN us of our respobsibilty to test/JUDGE the spirits as I do with YOU.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 12-30-2014 at 01:51 PM.