+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 70 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Jesus was a big ole SCAM/Myth?!

Dr. Richard Carrier PhD, spent six years researching the subject of the historicity of jesus...his conclusion?

He very likely didn't exist, at all.

It's kind of difficult to establish any facts when the 'scholars' doing the research are christian apologists!

Here's his fascinating, brief lecture on the subject (only 43 min).

Warning:expect to have your faith cage rattled...hard.

What say you?

Any brave takers?
    Last edited by Administrator; 05-21-2016 at 04:50 AM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Re: Jesus was a big ol SCAM/Myth?!

rather than try to refute your example i am going to say everyone has FAITH that is their OWN but they are NOT originators but copiers!? men do what they WILL!? faith and will are the same thing!? faith is the certainty of decision to carry out the WILL of mind, good or bad!? based on the premise for example of the glass is half full or half empty!? will is intangible or spiritual !? PURE will is capable of IMPOSSIBLE material feats!? religion is trying to inform us of those POSSIBLITIES!? albeit when put in the hands of upstarts and lunatics the effects are less then desired and LIKELY UNPRODUCTIVE in results!? things are KEPT SECRET for a REASON!? you dont hand a LOADED machine gun to a MONKEY!? :errr: :judges: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    rather than try to refute your example i am going to say everyone has FAITH that is their OWN but they are NOT originators but copiers!? men do what they WILL!? faith and will are the same thing!? faith is the certainty of decision to carry out the WILL of mind, good or bad!? based on the premise for example of the glass is half full or half empty!? will is intangible or spiritual !? PURE will is capable of IMPOSSIBLE material feats!? religion is trying to inform us of those POSSIBLITIES!? albeit when put in the hands of upstarts and lunatics the effects are less then desired and LIKELY UNPRODUCTIVE in results!? things are KEPT SECRET for a REASON!? you dont hand a LOADED machine gun to a MONKEY!? :errr: :judges: :spin2:
    Just curious... Did u watch the video?

Also 'faith' is belief without evidence. Isn't having evidence vital?

IMO, faith in religious terms is a worthless notion...it seems impossible to defend!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Yeah, I'll take the word of someone 2,000 years later who has an opinion over eyewitnesses. I won't even get into this with you, neither will I waste time on your video. What amazes me is all the hours you waste trying to disprove what you believe is a myth. At the end of your miserable existence, ask yourself if it was a good use of your time (it's not).. Ohein -- a life without meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Dr. Richard Carrier PhD, spent six years researching the subject of the historicity of jesus...his conclusion?

He very likely didn't exist, at all.

It's kind of difficult to establish any facts when the 'scholars' doing the research are christian apologists!

Here's his fascinating, brief lecture on the subject (only 43 min).

Warning:expect to have your faith cage rattled...hard.

What say you?

Any brave takers?

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Yeah, I'll take the word of someone 2,000 years later who has an opinion over eyewitnesses.
    That's the point...there were no "eyewitnesses"...the video explains this thoroughly...

I won't even get into this with you, neither will I waste time on your video.
    I didn't think you'd have the balls to watch it...thanks for confirming my suspicions. Don't want to upset your faith filled apple cart...?

What amazes me is all the hours you waste trying to disprove what you believe is a myth.
    Doesn't that go for ALL atheists as well? We're even I guess...all the hours that 'believers' spend justifying their faith with ZERO evidence...what a terrible waste of human potential...

At the end of your miserable existence, ask yourself if it was a good use of your time (it's not)..
    "Miserable existence", says who?

Remember, doesn't the bible say something to the effect of...judge not lest ye be judged?!

Nice try though...

Ohein -- a life without meaning.
    I don't need gaaawd to give my life meaning...sorry u do. That's your sorry state...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

yes i watched it!? it was interesting in conjecture but really does not make any points based on any UNIVERSAL understanding!? he does NOT address HOW it is man is either NORMAL or abnormal other than someday we will possibly understand it!? he seems to take what he calls normal for granted as always been/will be and there is NO reason for it or it is NOT knowable and NOT necessary to KNOW!? which he does not go into what KNOWING is in the first place!? its like he really cannot DISCUSS this topic unless it's with people of LIKE OPINION!? can MAN actually function without THINKING!? what IS thinking?! what IS imagination!? it seems to me thinking is the denial of action based on imagination!? that man is a functionary of imagination and that feeling is the QUALITY of imagination and thinking is a rebellion against oneself!? the self being a product of IMAGINATION!? the idea that man can THINK apart from ACTS can indicate that there is INTELLIGENCE separate from the IDEA of existence itself as HINGING on sensory input!? thinking should MEAN the ABILITY to CHOOSE a quality of imagination to ACT with!? and the willingness to remain in THAT chosen quality is determined by the quality itself and FAITH is the word that marks the guarantees that any QUALITY chosen will always remain TRUE?! the intelligence is NOT a product of EXISTENCE but lives outside of TIME and space which are the QUALITIES that define existence!? intelligence is the FIRM KNOWLEDGE that NOTHING is real except that all realities (imagined) are ETERNAL in nature and CHOOSABLE!? it is therefore the LOSS/LACK of intelligence that is the only cause of MIS-understanding which to say is just MIS-identification!? identification in man begins at BIRTH and makes the strongest IMPRESSIONS early on which is WHY we are to be "BAPTIZED" /initialized properly to enjoy a fulfilling and happy LIFE?! :liefde::elvis::elvis::spin2:
    Last edited by lexx; 12-28-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

You want someone to convince you.
    I didn't think you'd have the balls to watch it...thanks for confirming my suspicions. Don't want to upset your faith filled apple cart...?
    I see you're using the old Satan tactic to try to manipulate me. Won't work.

"IF you be the Son of God, throw yourself down from this cliff for isn't it written..."

We're even I guess...all the hours that 'believers' spend justifying their faith with ZERO evidence...what a terrible waste of human potential...
    Faith and the growth of one's faith is all about evidence. One's personal interaction with the divine. The results of prayer, meditation, communion and ones observation of it reinforces and expands one's faith. Where I am currently in my spiritual journey is ALL about my personal experiences leading up to now. I think most peoples' experience with their faith is the acknowledgement of it in action.

Just curious... Did u watch the video?

Also 'faith' is belief without evidence. Isn't having evidence vital?

IMO, faith in religious terms is a worthless notion...it seems impossible to defend!
    apparently jesus could NOT help people who could NOT believe in HIS abilities!? i dont think this is any different than lets say ordinary beliefs like the will/faith to try something new being inspired by another!? : :liefde: :spin2: :blunt::angel:

To each their own, that will be the day I listen to any PhD blowhard a$$hole no matter what they blather about, just look at Gruber, another useless piece of sh!t PhD of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by FTC-SCAMS.COM View Post
    To each their own, that will be the day I listen to any PhD blowhard a$$hole no matter what they blather about, just look at Gruber, another useless piece of sh!t PhD of BS.
    PhD = Piled Higher & Deeper

Too funny... Ignorant fools ridiculing learned people cause they're suffering cognitive dissonance... Over their personal sky fairy beliefs... Is it ALL PhD's that you condemn, or just the ones that press too hard on your dogma?

Conserve...u said that you didn't even watch the video!!

If you can't allow the possibility of being wrong, how can u ever know you're even right!?

Man you religious wing-nuts... To take a line from your avatar pic...U can't handle the truth!!

roflmao...
    Last edited by ohein56; 12-29-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

If you can't allow the possibility of being wrong, how can u ever know you're even right!?
    You will have the greater consequences for being wrong.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

From Carrier's Curriculum Vitae...

Richard C. Carrier
    October 7, 2014 - Curriculum Vitae
    Richard C. Carrier, Ph.D.

EDUCATION:
    Columbia University
    (New York, NY)

Ph.D. - (Ancient History)

October 2008
    Dissertation:“Attitudes Toward the Natural Philosopher in the Early Roman Empire (100 B.C. to 313 A.D.)”
    ~~~~
    M.Phil - (Ancient History) May 2000
    Majors:Greco-Roman Philosophy, Religion, and Historiography
    ~~~~
    M.A. - (Ancient History) June 1998
    University of California Berkeley
    (Berkeley, CA)
    ~~~~
    B.A. - (major in History with a minor in Classical Civilization) June 1997
    Ventura College
    (Ventura, CA)
    IGETC - (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)
    Yep, he sounds like a real idiot/nut-job alright...u-huh...:crazy1:

Carry on...enjoy your day at the beach!

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    You will have the greater consequences for being wrong.
    Turn or burn...riiiight, jokey.

Your veiled christian terrorist threat means about as much to me as warning me that santa's checking his list twice...:blunt:

BFD
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Turn or burn...riiiight, jokey.
    Nope, that isn't at all what I'm saying.

Your veiled christian terrorist threat means about as much to me as warning me that santa's checking his list twice...:blunt:
    That's no threat. Conserve is right, you spend all this time criticizing and complaining about something you don't believe in. If you are atheist and believe you've got one shot in this life, why spend so much of your time doing this?

BFD
    Apparently, it is for you, which is why you are still here.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.