+ Reply to Thread

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Science Icreasingly Makes the Case for God

The more Man learns, the more likely we're ALONE in the universe and a special creation. Of course I knew that just looking at His creation.

Here’s the story: The same year Time featured the now-famous headline, the astronomer Carl Sagan announced that there were two important criteria for a planet to support life: The right kind of star, and a planet the right distance from that star. Given the roughly octillion—1 followed by 24 zeros—planets in the universe, there should have been about septillion—1 followed by 21 zeros—planets capable of supporting life.
    With such spectacular odds, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, a large, expensive collection of private and publicly funded projects launched in the 1960s, was sure to turn up something soon. Scientists listened with a vast radio telescopic network for signals that resembled coded intelligence and were not merely random. But as years passed, the silence from the rest of the universe was deafening. Congress defunded SETI in 1993, but the search continues with private funds. As of 2014, researches have discovered precisely bubkis—0 followed by nothing.
    What happened? As our knowledge of the universe increased, it became clear that there were far more factors necessary for life than Sagan supposed. His two parameters grew to 10 and then 20 and then 50, and so the number of potentially life-supporting planets decreased accordingly. The number dropped to a few thousand planets and kept on plummeting.
    Even SETI proponents acknowledged the problem. Peter Schenkel wrote in a 2006 piece for Skeptical Inquirer magazine: “In light of new findings and insights, it seems appropriate to put excessive euphoria to rest . . . . We should quietly admit that the early estimates . . . may no longer be tenable.”
    As factors continued to be discovered, the number of possible planets hit zero, and kept going. In other words, the odds turned against any planet in the universe supporting life, including this one. Probability said that even we shouldn’t be here.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/eric-met...god-1419544568
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 12-26-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Re: Science Icreasingly Makes the Case for God

So, fill in the gaps of scientific KNOWledge, with your personal gaaawd, huh?

Thank zeus that science doesn't take shortcuts like religious fanatics do!

Just because we just started looking, and haven't found it doesn't mean life isn't out there...it just shows how immensely LARGE the universe is!

They have found water out there...life might not be too far behind...unless we just give up on the entire project, much to the relief of the church.

Click Here!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    The more Man learns, the more likely we're ALONE in the universe and a special creation. Of course I knew that just looking at His creation.
    If scientists had your mindset, we would have stopped looking for fire or the wheel long before we discovered them.

Thank God the world is not entirely populated with naive, religious nutters...

No, science does not increasingly make the case for gaaawdz. You do though, most certainly....

If you're willing, here's the best explanation I could find against the idea of creationism...beware, science ahead.

If you don't see your way clear after this, imo, you're done, I'm soo sorry!

Yep, it's three hours...and it just scratches the surface I'm sure...but I think he does a fine job of explaining this complex subject.

Great stuff imo...the man has some brains!

As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

It cracks me up that people still try and use god as the default. Error in evolution theory... proves bible. No radio signal from another world... proves god.

In our short time here and a lot shorter time making radio here's how much we've covered.

Not the square, the blue dot.

Proves god, yup

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Oddly enough, sitting in church one time, i had the vision of god, crushing matter in his hands and saying... watch this!

Read this and discuss

http://www.hawking.org.uk/life-in-the-universe.html

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    you know i've never read anything buy hawking before except maybe some quotes!? very interesting!? i have done some study of disease and bodily organ functions and find a correlation between that and his mention of METABOLISM!? it strikes me that we live in a ridiculously complex set of circumstances/requirements!? our very bodies have a ridiculously high degree of complexity in chemical processes that all have to coordinate perfectly to maintain GOOD HEALTH!? :freak3:::spin2::
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

but to stick to the subject at hand we are a CARBON based creation!? but CARBON did not EXIST at the BEGINNING if the BIG BANG is correct as a beginning!? as far considering OTHER types of life BASIS under different LAWS anthropic principle says that CANT happen!? in other words there are NO ALIEN lifeforms possible in THIS universe and no other uiniverse is POSSIBLE for OUR FORM of existence!? now CARBON is produced from FIRE or HEAT!? but it is a certain temperature range of heat!? HELL is described as FIRE/heat!? the bible say GOD is a consuming FIRE!? remember the burning BUSH!? sodom and gomorrah!? the testing of the PROPHET ELIJAH!? therefore i submit there is a GOD and the PROOF is FIRE!? ::crazy1::spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you