+ Reply to Thread

This Has To Be A Scam..

This was sent to me by e-mail and when you reply back to him he asks for a copy of your pass port and picture ID to be sent to him to "collect your money" Read below.. :confused:

ROBERT & ASSOSCIATES,
    4 Albert Embankments, London
    SE1 7SR, United Kingdom.
    Private e-mail: [email protected]

Attention: My Good Friend.

I am Barrister Robert Basil (Esq). I had a client Mr Mark, who bears the same last name with you, and a national of your Country who used to work with Mekon Associates Company in London. On the 2nd of August 2003, my client, his wife and their three children were involved in a car accident along Manchester Express Road. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives.

Since then I have made several enquiries to your Embassy to locate any of my client's extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his relatives over the internet, to locate any member of his family but of no avail, hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist me in repatriating the money left behind by my client before they got confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Finance House where these huge deposits were lodged. Particularly, the Finance House where the deceased had an account valued at about US$20M has issued me a notice to provide the next-of-kin or have the account confiscated within the next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over nine (9) months now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$20M can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money, 50% to me and 50% to you.

I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make, all I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Please get in touch with me by my secured and confidential email address ([email protected]) immediately you acknowledge the good receipt of this message.

Anticipating your prompt response.

Yours Sincerely,
    BAR. ROBERT BASIL (ESQ).

Re: This Has To Be A Scam..

Yea I just got a similar one, Knew it had to be a scam. It's very similar in wording but its from [email protected]

Use your heads.

Crikey, if he can't spell the word Associate correctly I don't fancy your chances.

I get them all the time, almost daily! I just report them as "abuse".

Hey Mrmojo,

Who do you report them to? The FBI? Your ISP?

I"ve been getting one over the telephone that you might like, if you are into that kind of thing.

You are called, by name, by a mideast or some such, nice young person, who is calling from an obvious boiler room, lots of noise in the background. You are then told that you have a grant of $5000.00 guaranteed to you. If you ask, it is because you paid your taxes over the last 5 years. I followed it to the next phase, where they transfer you, after verification, to the person who tells yu that to get this wonderful grant you must pay a processing fee of, wait for it: $250.00!!!!!!! If you hang up, they actually call you back and ask you why you hung up. If you challenge them to produce a web site or proof of veracity, they hang up. They call themselves the American Grant Association. Is this for real? They wanted me to borrow the money from my friends, and I told them to take it out of the grant money.

Any opinions? t[email protected]

I might do some antiscam poetry on my web site: librarising.us if this keeps up. :mad:

Well, I'd send a letter off to the UK organization that regulates barristers. If they really are, they won't be for long, rofl.

Has anyone ever seen a scam that was laid out in gramatically correct English with all words spelled right? I haven't.

I get two or three of these letters per day

Quote Originally Posted by Swan Queen
    Hey Mrmojo,

Who do you report them to? The FBI? Your ISP?

I"ve been getting one over the telephone that you might like, if you are into that kind of thing.

You are called, by name, by a mideast or some such, nice young person, who is calling from an obvious boiler room, lots of noise in the background. You are then told that you have a grant of $5000.00 guaranteed to you. If you ask, it is because you paid your taxes over the last 5 years. I followed it to the next phase, where they transfer you, after verification, to the person who tells yu that to get this wonderful grant you must pay a processing fee of, wait for it: $250.00!!!!!!! If you hang up, they actually call you back and ask you why you hung up. If you challenge them to produce a web site or proof of veracity, they hang up. They call themselves the American Grant Association. Is this for real? They wanted me to borrow the money from my friends, and I told them to take it out of the grant money.

Any opinions? [email protected]

I might do some antiscam poetry on my web site: librarising.us if this keeps up. :mad:
    Uhh no, I report them as "abuse" to their server.
    -example: If the person's e-mail address sending it to me was "[email protected]" I would forward the message to "[email protected]". Yahoo then sends me an e-mail telling me that they are investigating it. Do they really do anything about it? I don't know, but that is pretty much the only thing that you can do about it.

LOL.. Yeah, I received a similar call. They told me that I was eligible for a $5000 government grant, but I had to pay a processing fee of $295. I told them if they could send me some literature about who they are, and proving what they were telling me is true. At first they told to just trust them, but they finally agreed to send something by mail. Well, that was 2 months ago and still never received any literature by mail.