+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Music Hath Charms to Sooth the Savage Beast

We'll see if it can help Ohein and Tom :yelcutelaughA:

Re: Music Hath Charms to Sooth the Savage Beast

IMO, youze guys are the ones that need all the help...honestly...:angel:

Merry Zeusmas!...

Last edited by ohein56; 12-10-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    IMO, youze guys are the ones that need all the help...honestly...:angel:

Merry Zeusmas!...

And a Merry Chrishitchens to you!

Ok, I'll play...

As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Just for some clarity, tis the season...

Merry Vishnumas!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    [IMG]Image of the above LIE edited out...[/IMG]
    Jesus, if he ever even existed at all, wasn't born on Dec. 25th, as some religious zealots suggest.

Jokey, why do you support all of these lies & misconceptions? Just curious...

http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs...t-born-dec-25/
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Jesus, if he ever even existed at all, wasn't born on Dec. 25th, as some religious zealots suggest.
    I know that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th but I like celebrating it and having the day off. Don't you?
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

I know that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th but I like celebrating it and having the day off. Don't you?
    I do...then why did you post "Happy Birthday Jesus"...with a church & Xmas tree then?!

Oh wait, I almost forgot, U like distorting truth and misinformation...my bad...

Never mind...Click Here!

Xmas myth explained!! Click Here!
    Last edited by ohein56; 12-11-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I do...then why did you post "Happy Birthday Jesus"...with a church & Xmas tree then?!

Oh wait, I almost forgot, U like distorting truth and misinformation...my bad...
    What distorting the truth? Good heavens stop being such a scrooge.

What distorting the truth? Good heavens stop being such a scrooge.
    Who's a "scrooge", I LOVE christmas!

U should see our tree!

So,...why did you post "Happy Birthday Jesus"...with a church & Xmas tree then?! That's essentially a LIE! Is lying OK, as long as you include cheezus in it?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Who's a "scrooge", I LOVE christmas!

U should see our tree!

So,...why did you post "Happy Birthday Jesus"...with a church & Xmas tree then?! That's essentially a LIE! Is lying OK, as long as you include cheezus in it?
    Even if the date is not accurate, it is what we are celebrating.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn10FF-FQfs

Even if the date is not accurate, it is what we are celebrating.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn10FF-FQfs
    LIE...U like distorting truth and misinformation..nuff said.

Christmas is NOT a religious holiday, it's a pagan holiday, ripped off by christian zealots in an effort to swell their ranks...PERIOD.

Quit distorting truth, trying to favor your god delusions.

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Actually, there several reasons why people celebrate.

Christmas is the most popular holiday in America. Both the secular and the sacred celebrate it, but for different reasons. Some see it as the greatest business time of the year which is fueled by the buying and exchanging of gifts. Others consider it the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Then again, there are those who don't care except that they get time off from work and have to by people gifts. Either way, it is a very important holiday both commercially and spiritually.

The word "Christmas" comes from two old words: Christes maesse. It means, "the Mass of Christ." This comes from the Catholic Mass, the practice where the priest re-offers the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross during the time of Communion.

The Origins of Christmas

The origins of Christmas go back to before the time of Christ when many ancient cultures celebrated the changing of the seasons. In the northern hemisphere in Europe, for example, the winter solstice, which was the shortest day of the year, occurs around Dec. 25th. During this time extreme celebration occurred and, for most part, businesses and government shutdown. It was a time of pagan celebration with various forms of sinful behavior. These celebrations were based on the day where the cold winter days became shorter and shorter. Since during winter animals were penned, people stayed indoors, crops didn't grow, etc.,--to know that winter was half over and on its way out was a time of celebration.

In the ancient Roman system of religion, Saturn was the god of agriculture. Each year during the summer, the god Jupiter would force Saturn out of his dominant position in the heavenly realm; and the days would begin to shorten. In the temple to Saturn in Rome, the feet of Saturn were then symbolically bound with chains until the winter solstice when the length of days began to increase. It was this winter solstice, December 25th, that was a time of celebration and exchange of gifts as the hardness of winter began to wane and the days grew longer. So, based on this celestial event, Saturnalia became a weeklong celebration that began on December 17 and ended on the 25th. In addition, December 25th coincided the day of the birth of the sun-god named Phyrgia a culture in the ancient Balkans.

In the Roman Empire, by the time of Christ, Saturnalia, winter festival, was well known and established. The Roman Church was unable to get rid of the pagan holiday. So early in the 4th Century, the Roman Catholic Church, which was the dominant church in Europe, adopted the holiday and tried to convert into a Christian celebration by declaring December 25 to beat the day of the Lord's birth. They called it the Feast of the Nativity. This custom has been part of western culture ever since.
    •"The birth of Jesus occurred before the death of Herod the Great (Matt. 2:1), which is known to have taken place in 4 B.C., and during the p 574 reign of Caesar Augustus (27 B.C.—A.D. 14; Luke 2:1). The birth of Jesus is further limited by its connection with the census of Quirinius (vv. 1–5), but dating for that event is problematic (generally placed in A.D. 7). Most scholars date the birth of Jesus early in 6 B.C. or late in 5 B.C."1
    •"That Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the Great (37–4 BC) is attested by both Matthew 2:1–20 and Luke 1:5."
    •If our calendar is based on the time of Jesus’ birth, why is it 4 to 6 years off? The answer is that it is based on an erroneous calculation of AD 533 by Dionysius Exiguus, who wished to establish a calendar based on Jesus’ birth rather than the then-current calendar based on the establishment of Rome. He chose the year 754 of the Roman calendar for Jesus’ birth rather than 750, the year of Herod’s death.2

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Merry Christmas to Ohein, Tom and all of the non believers out there.

Oh for s sake...

That helps...NOT!

What a load...I got to the end of the second verse and pulled the plug...what a LOAD....sorry.

I'd rather hear "Silent Night"...on second thought, no, I wouldn't. They're both christian claptrap.

Sorry...

I'd rather hear something FUN for Xmas...like...THIS!!

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    You didn't like that first little number? I picked that one especially for you and knew it would make your toes curl. lol
    I listened to it and thought of you. There's more after that one but sorry I doubt you'll enjoy any of them.
    They are appropriate for the religious forum though.

I posted some jazz numbers in Chat Here.

I liked the song you posted. (:
    If you ever have a chance to see his Xmas show live...CATCH IT.

I've seen it three times, and it is a friggin BLAST!

Here's another one!

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard