+ Reply to Thread

tommywho70x Guest

Condy says "No, I don't want that job!"

And who can blame her? Anybody who wants to be president so badly that they would spend all that money and tell all those lies should never be allowed to occupy the office anyway.

Source URL: http://www.usatoday.com/news/states/...y_x.htm?csp=24

Posted 10/16/2005 11:30 AM

Rice: I don't want to run for president
    WASHINGTON (AP) — For Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, no means no — and no again — when it comes to whether she will run for president.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has repeatedly said she doesn't want to run for office.
    By Mikhail Metzel, AP

"It's not what I want to do with my life, it's not what I'm going to do with my life," Rice said Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press.

A group pushing for a Rice candidacy has run a television ad in New Hampshire — traditional site of the first presidential primary — and plans to air it soon in Iowa, where the first party caucuses take place.

At least two websites are promoting Rice even though Rice herself has said for months that she is not interested in running.

Asked on NBC and on Fox News Sunday whether she would run for president in 2008, Rice said she is flattered but would decline.

"I'm not somebody who wants to run for office. I haven't ever run for anything," Rice told NBC. "I think I'm doing what I need to do, which is to try and promote American foreign policy, American interests, the president's democracy agenda at an extraordinary time."

Pressed by host Tim Russert, Rice said, "I don't know how may ways to say no."

"So," asked Russert, "no ...?"

A few seconds of silence followed. "Tim," Rice said, "I don't know how many ways to tell people that I have no interest in being a candidate for anything. ... No."

She told Fox host Chris Wallace, "I'm quite certain that there are going to be really fine candidates for president from our party, and I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps supporting them."

Rice was interviewed from London at the conclusion of a diplomatic mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© Copyright 2005 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.

Re: Condy says "No, I don't want that job!"

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    And who can blame her? Anybody who wants to be president so badly that they would spend all that money and tell all those lies should never be allowed to occupy the office anyway.

Source URL: http://www.usatoday.com/news/states/...y_x.htm?csp=24

Posted 10/16/2005 11:30 AM

Rice: I don't want to run for president
    WASHINGTON (AP) — For Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, no means no — and no again — when it comes to whether she will run for president.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has repeatedly said she doesn't want to run for office.
    By Mikhail Metzel, AP

"It's not what I want to do with my life, it's not what I'm going to do with my life," Rice said Sunday on NBC's Meet the Press.

A group pushing for a Rice candidacy has run a television ad in New Hampshire — traditional site of the first presidential primary — and plans to air it soon in Iowa, where the first party caucuses take place.

At least two websites are promoting Rice even though Rice herself has said for months that she is not interested in running.

Asked on NBC and on Fox News Sunday whether she would run for president in 2008, Rice said she is flattered but would decline.

"I'm not somebody who wants to run for office. I haven't ever run for anything," Rice told NBC. "I think I'm doing what I need to do, which is to try and promote American foreign policy, American interests, the president's democracy agenda at an extraordinary time."

Pressed by host Tim Russert, Rice said, "I don't know how may ways to say no."

"So," asked Russert, "no ...?"

A few seconds of silence followed. "Tim," Rice said, "I don't know how many ways to tell people that I have no interest in being a candidate for anything. ... No."

She told Fox host Chris Wallace, "I'm quite certain that there are going to be really fine candidates for president from our party, and I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps supporting them."

Rice was interviewed from London at the conclusion of a diplomatic mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© Copyright 2005 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc.
    I wonder if the fact that people are practically harrassing that woman to death over the subject if the democrats are indeed planning on a woman candidate?

LM

tommywho70x Guest

It's not unusual for a 'Citizens for So-and-So' campaign group to form without their Mr./Mrs./Ms. So-and-So actually be declared or even, like Dr. Rice, declaring that they are not a candidate and will not accept a nomination.

Republicans have most likely been concerned about where to find a female candidate ever since anybody started taking the idea of Mrs. Rodham&ream-em Clinton running seriously.

John McCain tossed his hat in early last week and I can see him running with someone like Kay Baily Hutchison soundly thrashing Pillary and her running mate.

Personally, I think the Democrats are the ones that need to worry about the implications of that woman back in the White House running the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x

Personally, I think the Democrats are the ones that need to worry about the implications of that woman back in the White House running the whole show.

I agree! I just can't see myself wanting Hillary in that particular office. Though, I'm sure we wouldn't have to worry about the Bush's or the ex-husband doing any fund raisings for her during catastrophe's. We would probably see a whole new set of faces in the news, and in that respect,that would be a refreshing change. But I believe it can probably be obtained using any other qualified female candidate.

It's just kind of creepy thinking about her in the office. I think I will stop thinking about it. LOL.

LM

rice is black(yet a do as your told wussy like whitey)......thus the pressure.end of story.but as to the clintons!!i would see it like seeing new orleans restored!!even better than camelot!!(forgeddabout the trade towers)ok....so i'm a romantic...AAAWWWWWWW!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    Last edited by lexx; 10-16-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    ok....so i'm a romantic...AAAWWWWWWW!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:
    Ya, and you're cute too. SWAK!

Lady Mod