+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is there anybody heard about the Stock Picker RT software?

Can you kinda give me an idea how this website works? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Cool, if you need to talk to a consultant about it you can request one from the website or talk to one of my friends whom I do trading with. I'm not a consultant. Watch the presentations, they are very good and explain a lot. :D

Lady Mod

There is another website call forex trainer. Do you think that is good too?
    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Cool, if you need to talk to a consultant about it you can request one from the website or talk to one of my friends whom I do trading with. I'm not a consultant. Watch the presentations, they are very good and explain a lot. :D

Lady Mod

Did this stockpicker RT software work for anyone? anyone has any experience?

thanks,
    Koker

WHY TRADING SYSTEMS DON'T WORK: software?

WHY TRADING SYSTEMS DON'T WORK:

- If it really works why not trade it themselves? Why sell it? This is the #1 reason that all trading systems for sale I've ever seen DON'T WORK as advertised to make you lots of money.

- Many systems are "blackbox" trading system with buy/sell recommendations. The formulas are hidden from the user. This creates the false perception it is something great. Reality is you don't know what it is AND There's LOTS of trash out there. Many "curve-fit" the data to show great returns from historical data by over-optimizing the formulas. Look at a chart of a stock and it's easy to see where to buy/sell/short historically and thats what they do TO FOOL you into thinking the great returns will do the same in the future. No proof it ever made those high returns in the past,present, or future, and MOST tradings systems are scams.

- Where are the statistics from an unbiased source showing proof it works? For example, live trading accounts with the actual trades, not "hypothetical." They won't provide this and if they do - make sure it's over everything and not just one or two lucky stocks. I've never seen anyone do this...they know they're crap don't work. Any bullish trading system will work well with Google as will buy/hold strategy, but try it over many stocks, dow stocks, and you'll find it won't hold up.

- Commissions, slippage (bad fills) can eat you alive in systems with lots of trades. Especially futures trading.

- Stock selection is a BIG part of the success of any trading system. What are the odds you will select the right one? I'll tell you - very small.

- Breakout systems are some of the worst performers.

- Futures trading systems are all mostly scams.

I could go on and on and on.

Hello Everyone.

I have not heard of Stock Picker RT. Has anyone heard of VectorVest Software. It advertises 60% annual returns since 1995. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GamblinMan
    Hello Everyone.

I have not heard of Stock Picker RT. Has anyone heard of VectorVest Software. It advertises 60% annual returns since 1995. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    With 60% annual return they would have been the most popular software on the market. Just another false advertisement. Still can not find how much they charge after trial.
    Last edited by borisf96; 10-19-2006 at 07:49 AM.

Thank you. I will keep looking for an automated way to trade options, forex, or futures . Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Again.

Quote Originally Posted by GamblinMan
    Thank you. I will keep looking for an automated way to trade options, forex, or futures . Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks Again.
    There is no automated way to trade. It is even taught in College that there are no above average return "no hands" trading systems.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondyanglu
    Thank you for your suggestion. I know it is not 100% reliable but at least it will give you some ideas on how to pick a stock. I also use another software to pick stock and it works very well so far. I made 9% profit in 3 days and I am not a greedy person. My goal is to make 20% profit on my investment every month.
    Well, it's been over a year since raymondyanglu posted this above. I am wondering is he still comes here and what his experience over the long-term was, with the StockPicker RT software.

Quote Originally Posted by comesailaway
    WHY TRADING SYSTEMS DON'T WORK:

- If it really works why not trade it themselves? Why sell it? This is the #1 reason that all trading systems for sale I've ever seen DON'T WORK as advertised to make you lots of money.
    Well, I've purchased the book, You Can't Lose Trading Commodities (Robert E. Wiest). His theories about trading commodities are completely cound and his advice in using his system looks practical. The "downfalls" from using his system are few. Any shortcomings are basically because you did not follow his system. In short, supply and demand rule the futures market. So, a commodity can not drop to 0, it has never happened. The supply ends up wasting away, so the price rises eventually. My only reason for not following through with it are:
    1. Too hectic tracking the commodities on a daily basis. I could not find anything automated, nor find raw market data to have a script written to run my filters per the book.
    2. I did not have enough funds to maintain the system. I started with $2,000 and should have started with about $10,000.

The only other problem was that although I would never lose money, it was too long and impractical to work for, sometimes as little as, 50 dollars. I maintain, it would have worked better with more funds.

Anyway, the point is, there are systems for sale which are not scams. And they do not rely on old data fit to your curve to show a false "would have been" profit.

Quote Originally Posted by comesailaway
    - Stock selection is a BIG part of the success of any trading system. What are the odds you will select the right one? I'll tell you - very small.
    The odds of picking the winning numbers in a lottery are very small. There are four to six numbers, and you have to choose the exact combination.

Picking a stock which is moving up and down $1 does not have very small odds. It's a matter of knowing where to look and which filters to run. If I find a stock that's worth $14.75 and it's moving a dollar up and down over a few days, with decent volume, then I would trade it. Even if it's moving 50 cents, I could buy it and sell it, and still make $160. My first day trade ever was bought and sold within 30 minutes, and I made $125.

[QUOTE=comesailaway]- Futures trading systems are all mostly scams./QUOTE]

You should read You Can't Lose Trading Commodities.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 01-06-2007 at 10:34 AM.

I can't find where to edit the last post now (I edited it once, but maybe that's all I get??). :confused: I wanted to add this to the tail end, rather than post again.

Anyway, I wrote to the Stock Picker RT software guys about how they choose their stocks. I also mentioned that since they don't mention their system to anyone, it makes it sound dodgy. I wasn't rude or anything, I am genuinely interested in this software. This is their response.

Quote Originally Posted by BillMcKinley, via email to SamAdams
    Thanks for your interest in the Stock Picker RT. It picks stocks that
    are moving up in real-time each trading day and is designed for
    short-term traders that are looking for good trading stocks at the
    market open and throughout the day.

We purchase real-time data to our server and it is included in the software.

We are testing the idea of a free trial and I can let you download the
    SPRT right now and take it for a test-drive.

You can download and install the SPRT free trial right away if:

-you have high-speed internet (file size is 26MB)
    -you have Windows XP (no older computers)

The software will run for 15-days then expire. That should give you
    time to evaluate the tool and see if it fits in with your trading.
    When it expires you can choose to extend your license if you like from
    right in the software.

SPRT picks stocks in real-time that are moving right now, generally
    based on news, earnings, volume and momentum, then allows you to
    adjust several parameters to see the type of stocks you like to trade.
    The scans that power the software find stocks surging in early
    trading, generally with increased volume and also stocks that are
    demonstrating momentum on the daily chart. A numeric indicator shows
    at a glance the stocks relation to a 52-week high. The news headlines
    appear next to each pick and frequently reflect the reason the stock
    is "on the move".

You can set the price ranges, volume ranges and scan levels to suit
    your needs. For instance you can choose only to see stocks between $10
    and $25 with average daily volume between 200k and 1M shares. For each
    stock you will have news, quotes, charts, ratings and tons of other
    research features a click or two away. It provides detailed
    information and charts on any stock you select. It's a very good tool
    for finding a focus list of stocks each day.

I think you will find it to be a useful tool. Give it a test-drive and
    check it out for yourself.

Best Wishes and Good Investing,
    Bill McKinley
    Investing Systems, Inc.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.investing-systems.com
    Anyone who wants to should email them info at investing-systems dot com. And ask them about the free trial as well.

free forex trading

http://www.fxpalace.com/ is a good site with forex tutorials, well organized, with colors and images, recommended for those who uses metatrader platform

Re: Is there anybody heard about the Stock Picker

Quote Originally Posted by raymondyanglu View Post
    Is this software good? Need some suggestion. Thank you.
    This software works well if you use it after 3 min of the trading bell. I take 3-4 of its picks and buy 500 shares each and place a 25 cent trale stop, the trale stops last up to 10 to 30 min, this gives me an average of 1.2 percent return a day over a month and I never trade longer than an hour from open.
    this system works well for me and I have been doing it for over 7 months now.

I have StockPicker Rt and I find it very useful. If anyone wants the picks I can email them every morning if you donate through paypal, software is $79 a month... Email me for more info at [email protected]

You would be MUCH better off just doing your own research. Here is a hint... If you had something that actually could beat the market, would you sell it for $79 or sell it for millions to the billion dollar mutual funds?

If you want to trade stocks, do your own research....