Poll: Should US reinstate mandatory Selective Service System?

+ Reply to Thread

tommywho70x Guest

Should US Reinstate mandatory Selective Service duty?

Lets reinstate the draft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For years i've been strongly convinced that after Vietnam our government abolished the draft because they believed that people would not protest wars so much if it were conducted by a volunteer army. Reasoning is that people simply don't care enough if it isn't their sons, brothers, husbands etc who can get called up randomly.

Now I want to start a poll about to measure how reinstating the draft would affect the average person's political involvement...but i'm not sure how to pose the question or the optional answers...some advise would be much appreciated.

thx URL*==* Welcome to a New Poll [at/at] SCAM.COM+vBulletin PHPbb PMs1
    NetZero Yahoo! GLOBAL SBC Politics Forum MERCS & JERX OSA97 IndyMedia
    MSN Advanced Search Results Search for: 'Lets Reinstate Draft'

http://search.netzero.net/search?act...nstate%20draft

As for myself, who am an advocate for mandatory government service for all citizens and will protest war regardless; if this nation is truly going to be a representative democratic republic of the people, by the people and for the people, the people must participate throughout all strata of this nation's infrastructure.

I strongly believe all sovereign citizen share holders in 'The U.S.A., Inc.' and all the other 'Country_Select' locales should have the option of selecting to work part time, full time in a civilian agency or billeted as a military person.

Your reasoning is sound; people would care more about what was happening across the entire spectrum of our society if our military were not run by people who essentially want to wage war and if our government officials people who were drafted and stayed on after completing their obligation instead of appointees of elected representatives who are (' fill - in - the - about - blank ').
    Last edited by tommywho70x; 10-15-2005 at 08:54 PM.

Re: Should US Reinstate mandatory Selective Service?

Yeah, I gotta' suggestion.

mandantory selective service registration still exists - never went away.

You may want to rename your poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider

musta been a libral "oversight"!? :p :rolleyes:

also,my suggestion.......it does'nt matter!!cause unless everything matters,nuthin matters!! :eek:
    Last edited by lexx; 10-15-2005 at 09:02 PM.

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raider

Point well taken and thread title modified per your suggestion. I was just loathe to use the word 'draft' since we are seeking a 21st century solution.

This discussion and poll are a dual brain-fart amplified SCAM Senior Member SlyLambIcc DUONT (of) two active duty unsigned military-industrial type: [HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATIONS SAFETY/COMMUNIX GART 019,16550,550]
    Restricted Accessibility Options - Wheelchair - Firetruck - Amblin,Spielberg, Steve1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You know, the mercenary competitive contract win-win kinda guize.~??

Like what are you and /LOW pwrone? THE CIA's MK-ULTRA Turbot Top INET PHISHERMAN ONLINE BUDDY(0/0) ICQ MIRABILIS.COM Plus! RECRUITERS or some PING.NWV+ other B.A.B.E., B.O.O.B. or B.O.Z.O. assessing GEO-LIBS against NEO-CONS for quality resumes to plug into your MONSTER POWERLINE (excite Search weatherbuddy editweather)? at ?Yahoo! NewZCasting...X1exec.exe=1bin[done!]

When we have a President who understands that you take our country to war as an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT and not based on lies and self-gratification, then I will support the draft. But until then, I say no.. make that HELL NO.

Only if the president's nephew would be the first in line and he had to go and face actual combat.

You would think he'd volunteer to go and fight in his uncle's "noble war for our security" but he has more important things to do.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9373195/

As long as we have an imperialist for a president, the draft would be dangerous at this time.

When you mention the word "draft" to Bush, the first thing he probably thinks of is a tall cold one.