+ Reply to Thread

angel creations

Does anyone know anything about this craft company. If so please let me know. Thank you

Has anyone heard of Angel pin or NEC

I've heard New England Crafter is a good co. but they are getting a lot of producers now. So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with www.angelpin.net they seem legit and it doesn't cost that much at all to start. Thanks!

Re: Has anyone heard of Angel pin or NEC

Hi,

Both NEC and Angel Pin are legit. I have friends that work for NEC and my daughter and i do angelpin along with Disciple's cross which is also legitimate. Hope this helps. :)

Re: Has anyone heard of Angel pin or NEC

Hi,
    First post ever, so here it goes. I joined angelpin also and did receive all the material, but I never followed through with assembling the pins. I thought it would be alot of work and the type of work didn't interest me. I want to join disciples cross and I am doing more information search this time around and hopefully will work out better. If anyone here has any info on disciples cross, please let me know.

Angel Pin Creations - Closed!

http://www.angelpin.net/

We regret our office is closed due to a Ruling made by the Court.
    The ruling in
    no way confirms that we have not stayed within
    the quidelines that were given to us in 1995.
    We have!
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ConsumerNe...xposed-9985739

What Happens Now?

At this point all of the Companies assets and Personal accounts have been frozen. We cannot send out refunds, take orders, ship orders, do inspections and send out information concering our "work at home" program. We know you have concerns and questions at this point.
    I regret any inconvenience, frustraton and concerns this has caused you.
    Please feel free to contact us by mail or by email. We will answer any concerns you have.
    Please provide a valid email address so we can respond.
    [email protected]
    Or
    Angel Pin Creations, Inc
    101 American Center Place Ste 216
    Tampa, FL 33619
    Last edited by mumbles; 03-02-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Re: Angel Pin Creations - Closed!

http://blogs.tampabay.com/venture/scams/

Consumers paid between $22 and $45 to get started, and sometimes paid hundreds more for the supplies they would need to make the pins, according to the FTC. But consumers were required to have one of their assembled angel pins approved by the company before they could make any money – even though the FTC says the company rejected nearly all the angel pins submitted, no matter how well-made.

The FTC charged that the defendants made false and baseless claims that consumers could earn substantial income from angel pin assembly, when in fact they could not. This case was filed, naming Darling Angel Pins and corporate officer Shelly Olson, in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. Here is that court filing.

http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/09231...9angelcmpt.pdf

Oh my gosh I just saw this.

Hoo ray.

After trying New England Crafters and viewing that company as one big scam I called and talked with professionals. The Chamber of Commerce in Torrington Ct. told me they felt the company was a scam but there was nothing they could do about it. This was a couple of years ago.

After thinking about all of these work at home crafting companies I consider them all to be scamming.

I truly hope this is only the start of closing them down.:judges:

They should have just sold craft kits and give people ideas / designs / etc. on how to sell them instead of offering to buy them back there are loads of places where people will buy craft stuff if that is your thing.

There was a company in UK that used to do a similar scam with painting mini cottages - then I looked on ebay and you can buy a mold of a cottage and some plaster and make your own and sell them cheaper.
    You can contact me here via this 123contact.com form:

www.123contactform.com/contact-form-lemonpies

Quote Originally Posted by lemonknickers View Post
    They should have just sold craft kits and give people ideas / designs / etc. on how to sell them instead of offering to buy them back there are loads of places where people will buy craft stuff if that is your thing.

There was a company in UK that used to do a similar scam with painting mini cottages - then I looked on ebay and you can buy a mold of a cottage and some plaster and make your own and sell them cheaper.
    EZmark bookmarks buys back their bookmarks and Disciples Cross bought back their cross necklaces at one time. They also give you the option of selling them on your own. NEC and Tiny Details also Cottage Industries does not give you the option of selling the finished craft on your own.

The way these companies are making their money is by selling people on a job. It really is not a job. It is you paying for instructions and a few supplies and trying to make a craft the companies will approve and buy back from you or some to let you sell it on your own. Then after making over six hundred a year you pay taxes. You are then an independent contractor.

These companies that do have workers probably have a certain number of people they keep working for them. They probably approve crafts and accept them according to how many workers and crafts they are in need of.

They do not send accurate instructions. NEC does not send a sample to you that is made correctly. This in its self would keep you from being able to prove in a court of law that they cheated you. That you had made the craft correctly and they would not approve you or pay you.

You keep making crafts and mailing back and forth while they decide when and if they will approve you or pay you for what you have made.

Then once approved you make the craft and try and make them fast enough to make the crafting itself worth your time. This also is very difficult.

They tell you that you will be able to make more money than you will ever be able to make. I think this may be one of the ways the attorney for the Angel Pins Creations case is going to try and win their case.

Also Angel Pins said well the lady quit. She could have kept sending in samples. Well the companies set the company up this way. Part of the scam. They have you mailing in samples until you just finally give up and quit. They never tell you that you cannot send anymore samples.

By the time you quit you have spent money on the kit, extra supplies for making the craft, tools to make the craft, postage to mail back and forth and your time and a lot of hurt feelings, disappointment and frustration. With some of these companies and probably all you can spend many months to years trying to make some money. It is truly nuts.

I am looking forward to seeing how this Angle Pins case goes. I hope I can read all that happens in court to see how the company went wrong and broke the law.

I find it hard to understand how these work at home craft companies are getting away with what they are doing.

I wanted to correct something I said.

NEC at the time I tried them was not sending accurate instructions or samples.

The bookmarks company sent accurate instructions but the way they approve the bookmark would make it very very difficult to prove in a court of law they cheated you. As far as Tiny Details, Cottage, Angel Pins and other companies I do not know how their instructions read or what the difficulties would be in proving you were cheated. I bet it would be difficult though.
    Last edited by Tulip; 03-08-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Hi Tulip, I'm all for raising awareness, I also like to think of solutions to the problems as the reason people get attracted to these schemes in the first place is because the ideas are good small, repeatable arts and craft jobs from home sounds perfect for most people.

Folks just need to realize that they can buy the materials themselves wholesale and sell them themselves retail
    example is a website called etsy.com - I expect you have heard of it, personally I get the urge to go to eBay and buy a beading kit or some other craft product after a visit there - I'm into painting at the moment so will probabley get involved more at some point.
    You can contact me here via this 123contact.com form:

www.123contactform.com/contact-form-lemonpies

Quote Originally Posted by lemonknickers View Post
    Hi Tulip, I'm all for raising awareness, I also like to think of solutions to the problems as the reason people get attracted to these schemes in the first place is because the ideas are good small, repeatable arts and craft jobs from home sounds perfect for most people.

Folks just need to realize that they can buy the materials themselves wholesale and sell them themselves retail
    example is a website called etsy.com - I expect you have heard of it, personally I get the urge to go to eBay and buy a beading kit or some other craft product after a visit there - I'm into painting at the moment so will probabley get involved more at some point.
    Yes you sure can sell your own crafts online. Also at craft fairs. Some ladies do quite well doing this. The problem is it is not always consistent money coming in. That is why ladies would like to do these crafting offers from the work at home crafting companies. To have a steady income coming in.

There are some women who do end up with a steady income from some of these companies. Some work many hours and get like three hundred a month. some a bit more and some less money. I do not know if it stays consistent though. Many things can miss it up.

The few women I spoke with who made a couple of these craft companies work were extremely talented to begin with. To be able to craft, get the craft approved and then be able to pick up speed, make it correctly and craft day after day takes s specific kind of talent and person. Not all can do this. I am sad to say more cannot then can.

Judge clips wings of Darling Angel Pin Creations

By ELAINE SILVESTRINI

[email protected]
    Published: February 4, 2010
    TAMPA - The little angels pay tribute to every cause from agoraphobia to "World Trade Center Heroes, Victims of 9/11."
    Darling Angel Pin Creations, a Tampa company, says it offers people around the world the chance to craft a quality product in their own homes at their own pace, potentially making up to $500 a week to help their families.
    But the Federal Trade Commission says it's a scam.
    A federal judge has granted a temporary injunction sought by the FTC, freezing the company's assets and ordering that it stop asserting that purchasers of its work at-home program can make substantial income.
    In a lawsuit filed Tuesday, the federal agency says consumers who apply to participate in the program are required to pay between $15.99 and $22.97 to purchase a starter kit. They are required to assemble a sample angel for approval before being allowed to work.
    When they submit their sample, they are required to pay a registration fee of $29.95, according to the lawsuit. When registering their sample, they are offered the opportunity to pay for their supplies in advance.
    Many consumers, the FTC asserts, assume their angels will be approved and pay anywhere from $56 to $520 for supplies. "In nearly all instances, consumers' sample angels are rejected by defendants, no matter how skillfully crafted."
    "A few persistent consumers" do obtain approval, the lawsuit states. But they often have difficulty getting paid and do not make hundreds of dollars a month or $500 a week, as promised by the company.
    The company did not immediately respond to a message left on its answering machine Wednesday.
    The Better Business Bureau has given the company an F, saying it has received 50 complaints in the past three years, 18 of which were resolved

The court filing can be found in post #2 on this thread
    Last edited by Tulip; 11-23-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Added info about court filing