+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother-in-Law

Mother-in-Law

Hey ya'll, I've finally had it up to here(85th floor)! I am so pissed by now that I almost started this on the boxing thread. I have this mother-in-law that I wish would just vanish. I know I sound horrible, but I have to vent somewhere or I'll do it in her face. She is here at MY home acting as if she owns it. Okay. Stop. You don't know the details, she's not just visiting, she doesn't have a home. She won't get a job. Her daughter got her a car and she is too sorry to work to keep it. She lost it by repo, but she wants to jump in my car and burn My gas. She moves my stuff around, throws my stuff away, wears my clothes and then expects to get paid for the little bit of cleaning she may do that I can do myself. She refuses to get a job and get a life, she just bums off everyone, mainly us! This has been going on to some degree for 17 years but has gotten lots worse in the past 6 months. She shows up and stays here for 2 weeks at the time. I feel I have no home of my own because of her. :mad: Well I finally blew up this morning because she threw away a $60 pair of my shoes and 2 other pairs--then lied about it. I came home from work after working graveyard shift and had to sift through our outdoor trashcans to find my shoes!!!
    WHEW! I just had to spew out some hate somewhere. By the way, I called my husband at work and told him he had to make arrangements where his mother was concerned because I was totally finished with this compromise in my life.

What do any of you ladies think about this situation?

Re: Mother-in-Law

That's awful I hope your husband takes care of business and finds an alternate living arrangement for her the monster in law. I had one of those and her son was a momma's boy and he was a drunk abusive loser so I killed to birds with one stone and divorced him thank god but when he hit me she told me I must have caused it because he never hit a girl before :rolleyes: however, his sister did advise me how he used to beat her up :rolleyes: thank god you dont have that to deal with but she should never touch your things especially when you go out of the way to take care of her what a witch. Monster in laws are more common than mother in laws! Best of luck to you :)

Husbands can be replaced too.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

upinsmoke..
    You did what I would have done in this situation. I would want to have it out w/the monster-in-law, but out of respect for your husband, he needs to be the one to deal w/her.

If he doesn't deal w/her, then I would go w/Lady Mods suggestion. ;)

Hi Upinsmoke...

No... I'm not one of the ladies in the forum, :D but I've been through a few M.I.L.'s in my time... 3 to be exact. IMO... lay the law down to 'Hubby'... if he doesn't step up to the plate immediately then it's time to take matters into your own hands and do what you have to do to maintain your sanity. BTW... if she has a key and you get her out... change the locks & let 'Hubby' know, in no uncertain t3rms, she is not to get a copy. It's time this "lady" grew up.

cheers,
    Paul

Upinsmoke - Your hubby has already made it clear where he stands- and it isn't at your side. Pack up her stuff and pay the bus ticket to send her to her daughters house, or some other relative. It's your home not hers. If her son doesn't like it well.......maybe his sister has room for him, too. You may think this a little extreme but so is your situation. Stand up for yourself and don't go half way or you'll spend the rest of your life compromising. I speak from experience.

Hi again, I have calmed down alot now from the adrenaline rush I was experiencing after I told off the monster-in-law yesterday.If I had not come online to vent to you guys, it would've gotten ugly between her and I in a baaaaad way. The things I said to her were rather minimal but packed a big punch. To make a long story short, I told her to leave my s**t alone and she had the nerve to raise her voice to ME in my own home. When I called my husband (her son) he agreed with me completely, which was good because he was gonna catch royal hell from me otherwise. Well during my conversation with him, I said alot of nasty things about her, the way she acts, how she lies, and also how she is a thief and steals from me and my daughter. Her own grandchild has to hide her keys, jeans and jackets etc. because this crazy freak steals from her. I also have to hide my keys so she won't take off in my new car. She burned a hole from cigarette ashes in the passenger seat of my previous car when she "borrowed" it without asking. Get this....... :eek:
    She called someone to pick her up and she was gone when I got up. Later in the pm my husband called her to discuss her options. He then tells me that she had eavesdropped on the whole conversation I had had with him that morning and knew every single thing I'd said about her!!! How ironic that her childish nosiness got her what she deserved.

sweet revenge
    Also, it feels great and I feel even more justified for my actions about this mess due to the great replies I just read.Thanks ;)

Wow, this woman needs some help.
    After hearing all of this, I'd say that it's time now for her to go. She has overstayed her welcome & taken advantage of your family long enough.

Your husband does not owe her anything. His family (you & his children) is his priority now....not her.
    She is disrupting your family life w/her unhealthy behavior.

Tell her to hit the road.

Got it loud and clear payek :D

Happiness is seeing the face of your mother-in-law on the back of a milk carton.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Danila Guest

Bu-ga-ha- :d Ha

When you marry one, you marry the family.
    Didn't you know this?

You'll just have to get used to it or get divorced.

There's really no other way.

Quote Originally Posted by upinsmoke
    Hey ya'll, I've finally had it up to here(85th floor)! I am so pissed by now that I almost started this on the boxing thread. I have this mother-in-law that I wish would just vanish. I know I sound horrible, but I have to vent somewhere or I'll do it in her face. She is here at MY home acting as if she owns it. Okay. Stop. You don't know the details, she's not just visiting, she doesn't have a home. She won't get a job. Her daughter got her a car and she is too sorry to work to keep it. She lost it by repo, but she wants to jump in my car and burn My gas. She moves my stuff around, throws my stuff away, wears my clothes and then expects to get paid for the little bit of cleaning she may do that I can do myself. She refuses to get a job and get a life, she just bums off everyone, mainly us! This has been going on to some degree for 17 years but has gotten lots worse in the past 6 months. She shows up and stays here for 2 weeks at the time. I feel I have no home of my own because of her. :mad: Well I finally blew up this morning because she threw away a $60 pair of my shoes and 2 other pairs--then lied about it. I came home from work after working graveyard shift and had to sift through our outdoor trashcans to find my shoes!!!
    WHEW! I just had to spew out some hate somewhere. By the way, I called my husband at work and told him he had to make arrangements where his mother was concerned because I was totally finished with this compromise in my life.

What do any of you ladies think about this situation?

PS--people only take advantage of you as much as you let them.

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    When you marry one, you marry the family.
    Didn't you know this?
    True. However; having them live w/you is different. She probably did not get that info when she was saying her wedding vows.

You'll just have to get used to it or get divorced.

There's really no other way.
    I agree. However; she does owe it to her husband to let him know how she's feeling & see if they can change this situation to work for them....before she just up & leaves him.

PS--people only take advantage of you as much as you let them.
    True. However; when dealing w/in-laws you can't be as aggressive as you would w/others. If you insult your in-laws, you're insulting your husband (or wife).

upinsmoke..I feel bad for your husband in this situation. He is stuck in the middle. I'm sure he loves you both.

My husband made it clear to me before we got married that if his mom ever needed to be taken care of, she would come & live w/us.
    So, that is the way it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Happiness is seeing the face of your mother-in-law on the back of a milk carton.

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    isn't that the truth :p

If you are willing to divorce because of a mother in law, then you do not love in any case your partner because if you truly loved your partner you will stay with him/her and sort out the problem without divorce.
    If you love your partner, you will be unhappy and not enjoying life after divorce.
    People who truly love each other will stay together no matter what the stakes against them.