Poll: 2008: How are you going to vote for President?

+ Reply to Thread

2008: How Are You Voting?

Just a general poll of the pulse of the forum.

Have at it. I voted Democratic, but I'm hoping that somebody like Joe Biden wins the primaries.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 10-15-2005 at 02:00 AM.

Re: 2008: How Are You Voting?

Don't know yet so I could not vote in your poll. I'll look into candidates as they come forward & decide then. I'm registered Independent which excludes me from any Primaries.

cheers,
    Paul

I don't yet know if I will vote. I've always voted Republican until Boy Bush ran in 2000 and I refused to vote for anyone. 2004 was the ultimate choice between the evil of two lessers. As much as I didn't want to see Bush have another term, Kerry (another Bonesman) would have just as bad.

2008 does not look good. Dubya's brother Jeb will most likely be the first choice for the Neo-Republicans.

Jeb vs. Hillary

Can it get any worse?

Unless there's something possibly better to choose from, I'm staying home on that Tuesday.
    Last edited by gar fla; 10-15-2005 at 10:30 AM.

Jeb will be a great president if he has the opportunity, but it won't be until 2016, if at all. I do not think Hillary can win, although I don't know if that belief is shared by most democrats. She is clearly the most powerful and dynamic candidate in the field, but her mere presence makes other democrats disappear. If the GOP fields a solid conservative candidate, they will retain control of the WH.

The belief that Hillary is too polarizing of a figure is shared amongst most liberals I know, as it is amongst most conservatives. The difference is this belief makes most liberals wish she wouldn't run, and it makes conservatives wish she would, because she won't win.

In a perfect world I think it'd be McCain vs Joe Biden. That'd be a terrible choice for the right reason, because both candidates are so good.

Enough of the Bush/Clinton dynasties. Flush them out of the White House for good. We need fresh blood and ideas.

I don't know if McCain can win in the GOP...I don't think so. Remember, he has run before...he has quite a bit of dean-like crazy in him. He doesn't look so good when the light is on him alone...not that anyone does! The GOP has some great female candidates particularly Kay Hutchison. I am fascinated by the dynamics within the democratic party...what the dems do about Hil is going to be one of the most interesting political stories that I have ever seen.
    As a Republican, I would welcome a Biden run.

Danila Guest

I'm voting for Yanukivich!

I wouldn't mind seeing Pat Buchanan run in 08, though I doubt that would happen. Maybe his chances would have been better last time if he hadn't been running on the Reform party ticket.

Buchanan is one of the last remaining old style conservatives and one of Bush's most outspoken critics.

Say what you will about him but, unlike Bush, he would focus on America instead of sticking his nose in the affairs of other nations who aren't any threat to our security. We'd actually have secure borders too.

Quote Originally Posted by gar fla
    I wouldn't mind seeing Pat Buchanan run in 08, though I doubt that would happen. Maybe his chances would have been better last time if he hadn't been running on the Reform party ticket.

Buchanan is one of the last remaining old style conservatives and one of Bush's most outspoken critics.

Say what you will about him but, unlike Bush, he would focus on America instead of sticking his nose in the affairs of other nations who aren't any threat to our security. We'd actually have secure borders too.
    Buchanon is great but, like hillary, is too polarizing to actually win. It might be nice for him and Tancredo to get elbow deep into the primaries if for no other reason than to force the party to focus on border issues.