+ Reply to Thread

Is NewWorldESL.com (New World ESL) another China Job Scam?

A new China Foreign Teacher Recruitment agency has popped up in Hangzhou with a masked web site registration with HICHINA TECHNOLOGY (indicating Chinese ownership) yet nobody seems to know who owns this company with no ownership information but a magnificent web site. Why is this a big deal?

For two reasons... this is the exact same M.O. that Echinacities.com and Sinocities.com (owned by scam artist George Xu) accused of selling resumes to identity thieves and because their office front is set up in Hangzhou which has been dominated by the notorious Hellen Group (www.chinatefl.com)

This web site has an automated job application process that compels teachers to submit all their key personal information without disclosing who is receiving the information! I do know that this is a Chinese-owned company (they refer to "our foreign friends" and I personally would never send copies of my resume, passport, and diploma to unnamed Chinese people - would you?

I received an anonymous tip that this operation is Hellen's attempt to escape the tainting of being blacklisted under her original company name - so now New World ESL is just a new alias. I ask YOUR help in determining if this tip is true.

To the owners of New World ESL I make this public challenge:

If you are in fact legitimate come forward and identify the following or it can be safe to assume you are yet another Chinese scam recruiter hiding behind the anonymity of a beautiful website. Please tell us all:

1) Who is the current President and CEO of New World ESL?

2) Where are your executive office located?

3) What is your SAIC license number?

4) Why are you not registered with SAFEA?

5) Is it true you are affiliated with George Xu and/or the Hellen Group?

6) Why are you also unknown to the Ministry of Education?

7) How do you expect people to send you all the personal data you ask for without disclosing your identity? Are you an identity thief on a fishing expedition?
    Last edited by Administrator; 11-12-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Re: Is NewWorldESL.com (New World ESL) another China Job Scam?

Don't hold your breath Carol - nobody will be coming forward with answers to your questions based on what I found today:

http://tefl.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6499#p15438

This is a government front company being used as a law enforcement tool to sting foreigners and China job recruiters who are breaking visa laws and using false documents. The link is self-explanatory.
    Trust only your birth mother!

Duplicate Post - Sorry
    Last edited by Curious Carol; 11-11-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
    Don't hold your breath Carol - nobody will be coming forward with answers to your questions based on what I found today:

http://tefl.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6499#p15438

This is a government front company being used as a law enforcement tool to sting foreigners and China job recruiters who are breaking visa laws and using false documents. The link is self-explanatory.

You are correct Meteor - Thanks. I just received confirmation this morning in my inbox from both ESLWatch.info and a CFTU "Red Flag Alert" Here is what a ESL Watch user reports at

http://eslwatch.info/china-2/scams-o...17-fergie.html

"My neighbor David is a good guy but a little gullible and naïve I suppose. He let some recruiter talk him into coming to China to teach on an F visa and the same job agent sold him a diploma from Michigan State University. It looked pretty real to me - gold embossed seal and everything. He got away with it for almost three months. In fact he was just about to buy a TEFL certificate from Lucy too, and was going to meet her "before the interview" because the job ad he applied for online said "Preference given to Native English speakers with TEFL certificate". The ad also offered "20,000 yuan per month with a respected international school - no OT or weekend hours". David was excited about it all because he just got screwed on his last paycheck from Webb English and wanted out.

I went to bail him out today but the jail people would not accept credit cards - only cash. I suppose one more day won't kill him I guess. This here will explain how David went for an interview last week and well... he got more than a job offer thanks to the as*hole recruiter he only knows as "Lucy".

China Scam Patrol is digging in to this as well and found ads are being posted for 1-3 days and then are being removed. Here is one that is being used in the scam that was at Echinacities.com

"Native English Speakers needed FT To Teach in Dongcheng, Haidian, Chaoyang - 20,000
    If you are a qualified teacher with friendly personality and University degree come join us M-F. Preference given to Native English speakers with TEFL certificate. We are six year old private school chain. Interviews within 72 hours - able to start December 1st. Contact me ASAP at [email protected]**********"

Although the ad is gone I sent my resume in and since I am legal in China I will go through the process and try to interview the people if I get a job interview. If I am successful I will post an update here next week.

In the CFTU Red Flag ALert, it appears the the group, judging by their tone, condones the arrests yet still warns teachers to avoid the below entities known to be related to the sting, and advises teacher who are not legitimate to quietly resign and "go home for the holidays and think about getting qualified".

* Sylvia Wang

* New World ESL aka newworldesl.com

* China ESL aka Total ESL aka New Life ESL aka mychinajob.com

* Echinacities.com

* China TEFL aka Hellen Group aka China TEFL Academy aka chinatefl.com

* Expertise Education aka expertiseeducation.com "Jerry"

* Lucy Z

* Daves ESL Café (phony users - not the website itself)

* Wu Wang

* Ms. Zhang using telephone no. 18600576798

* Rita ESL

* Maggie

* Carl Ge aka Carl He aka Karl Ge aka Karl He

Nobody knows how long this sting will continue but the ads according to CSP started about 12 days ago, and their information from that October incident in Beijing (Wudaoukou arrests) suggests that this is some national task force that will be moving from city to city. It will be interesting to see how much jail time the phony recruiters get - if any.

CSP confirms from the BTV News link (see below) that at least 67 teachers and 12 recruiters were grabbed and all but 3 of the recruiters are from Beijing. The others are from Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Guangzhou. So it is logical to expect those cities will be targeted next. It is also not known how many of the recruiters are truly cooperating or if the police just hijacked their identity email addresses and telephone numbers to use in the sting. http://news.brtn.cn/20141110/VIDE1415617323529207.shtml

Also there is a pattern of all the interviews being done in coffee shops near the following subway stations: Dongzhimen, Xidan, Guomao, Dawanglu, Zhongguancun, Weigongcun, Bagou, Dongsi, Beiyuan, and Sanyuanqiao. So if you are not a truly qualified teacher with real degrees and TEFL certificates and a Z visa, you should probably avoid coffee shop interviews for a while!

Here is another horror story that indicates they are using moles at Dave's ESL café as well http://www.eslbase.com/forum/viewfor...6b27fb007ab9cc

"A fake foreigner named "Jerry" is also one of the undercover visa cops claiming to be recruiting for Expertise Education and even spoofs telephone calls and emails from the company which says they have no "Jerry" working for them!

I personally had a strange experience starting with a pm from a poster at Dave's ESLcafe who sent me two PMs offering me a great admin job recruiting foreigners to teach for private schools. He offered me 25,000 yuan per month and said I would not have to work weekends. So I sent him my resume. A day later he invited me to have coffee with him at Milo's Coffee Shop in Chaoyang and he told me to bring my passport, and copies of my diploma and tefl certificates.

At the meeting I met this guy who claims his real name is Wu Wang. Instead of talking about the job he asked me about ten questions about my original F visa, my diploma and the recruiter who brought me to China. He then pulls out some electronic gadget and scans my passport! Half way through our conversation he said he had to use the bathroom and left the table. He never came back. Instead some guy comes to the table and takes my photo! When I protested he showed me a badge and ID and says he works with the PSB. He is polite but tells me that when my visa expires it will not be renewed unless I cooperate with him. He points to two uniformed police standing outside the coffee shop and says if I refuse, I would be leaving with those two guys and be deported within a few days even though I now have a real Z visa. He claimed I committed fraud with the original F visa that I used in 2012! So I ask him what he wanted me to do.

He asked me to let him download my phone data and to name every foreign teacher and ESL/TEFL recruiter I know. When I asked him why, he claimed he was investigating visa and diploma fraud. He let me call and discuss this all with my wife and we decided we would call a lawyer. But the cop said I could talk to a lawyer later and had to make a decision right then and there whether I would cooperate or not."

One last thought, with so much fakery going both directions in China (Fake schools, fake recruiters, fake teachers, fake licenses, fake TEFL certificates, fake visas, fake degrees, .etc) do you guys really want to be responsible for giving innocent kids a fake education? We should expose every one of these low life recruiters - don't you agree?
    Last edited by Curious Carol; 11-12-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Echinacities.com bogus users appear to be ESL scam recruiters

What a wonderful day in the neighborhood! The recruiters posing as teachers at Echinacities.com have come out to attack and smear me. See here the ongoing problems with masquerading China job agents and recruiters...

http://www.eslwatch.info/china-2/sca...fl-forums.html

http://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/20...s-expat-forums

http://www.eslbase.com/forum/viewtopic/t-3125

http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=6523

Fortunately one of their former moderators (Craig Hill) got fed up of the deceit and not only resigned, but exposed them at the China Daily Mail at this link:

http://chinadailymail.com/2013/12/18...ganda-machine/ Here is an excerpt:

"Of course, most of the “expats” on the site are not genuine any more, a tactic George has admitted to. The overriding principle is to give the false impression to China newcomers that the site is genuine, and that the ads and “advice” given by the likes of Hulk and others will help them. In this way, George and eChinacities can continue to entrap newly arrived expats. George Xu continues to make his money out of advertising for illegal schools and recruiters, as well as receiving kickbacks from the government for entrapment by Hulk, Icnif and others on the site."

And this is something one of you sent me. Thanks. It proves my point about Echinacities.com.

http://ChinaScamWatch.wordpress.com

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1205150AAXlCQJ

BTW... they are not all Chinese as many people assume. Almost half of the wolves in sheep's wool are now fellow-foreigners. The money is to easy and hard to resist. It almost like turning a 10 year old boy lose in the Hershey chocolate factory.
    Last edited by Administrator; 11-12-2014 at 07:52 AM.