+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

tommywho70x Guest

Re: President Gore's Latest Comments On Bush Crime Mob

Who's 'Soros' ?

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    Who's 'Soros' ?
    You are kidding, right? He must figure prominently in any discussion of politics, both present and future, especially where hillary is concerned. They will have to reach an accord if she hopes to be elected.

Gore ain't running anywhere except to the bathroom after a rough night. The left's hero Ted kennedy though, put his 400 pounds today behind the failure John Frickin' Kerry!

hahahahahahhaha :D

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    You are kidding, right? He must figure prominently in any discussion of politics, both present and future, especially where hillary is concerned. They will have to reach an accord if she hopes to be elected.

you still don't get it, do you?

i don't live on news and talking politics. i have a real life with real horizontal and vertical responsibilities that require my attention at any hour of day or night Sunday-Saturday. I'm a Rabbi and a practitioner of Naturopathic Medicine. You, hillary, george, soros and all your other fantasies are insignificant elements of my life (thank god).

So if you can't tell me who soros is, would you mind printing subject's FULL NAME so I can GOOGLE WHACK SEARCH HIM MYSELF, PLEASE.~??

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    So if you can't tell me who soros is, would you mind printing subject's FULL NAME so I can GOOGLE WHACK SEARCH HIM MYSELF, PLEASE.~??
    Not sure if this is who pwrone is referring to but the only Soros who comes to mind is this:

George Soros (born August 12, 1930 in Budapest, Hungary as Soros Gy├Ârgy) is a Hungarian-born Jewish-American currency speculator and philanthropist. Currently, he is the chairman of Soros Fund Management and the Open Society Institute and is also former member of the Board of Directors of the Council on Foreign Relations. He is known around the world for the role he played in Georgia's Rose Revolution. In the United States he is known for donating large sums of money in an attempt to defeat President George W. Bush's bid for reelection.

On Black Wednesday (September 16, 1992), Soros became instantly famous when he sold short more than $10bn worth of pounds, profiting from the Bank of England's stubborn reluctance to either raise its interest rates to levels comparable to those of other European Exchange Rate Mechanism countries or to float its currency. Finally, the Bank of England was forced to withdraw the currency out of the European Exchange Rate Mechanism and to devalue the Pound Sterling, and Soros earned an estimated US$ 1.1 billion in the process. He was dubbed "the man who broke the Bank of England."
    The Times October 26, 1992, Monday: "Our total position by Black Wednesday had to be worth almost $10 billion. We planned to sell more than that. In fact, when Norman Lamont said just before the devaluation that he would borrow nearly $15 billion to defend sterling, we were amused because that was about how much we wanted to sell."

Soros has critics from all over the political spectrum, including from American conservatives, supporters of Israel, and leftists.

American conservatives dislike his contributions for campaigns against Bush. Some have gone to accusing him of Marxism. Some critics accuse him of surreptitiously working for the Rothschilds. Some who view capitalism as a system of exploitation consider ironic Soros's use of capitalism with other intent to do good, namely to help people.
    A host of Soros's 2004 Oct. 19 speech to Harrisburg's Tuesday Club, Pennsylvania State Representative Mark B. Cohen of Philadelphia, has considered some such criticism off-base. He has argued that "Soros is a political pragmatist using his economic resources" for peace and democracy.

Supporters of Israeli government policy dislike his inflammatory rhetorical comparisons of it to Nazi Germany and Yasser Arafat. Soros has also been called a self-hating Jew, a Jewish antisemite. At a Jewish forum in New York City, Soros reportedly attributed a recent resurgence of antisemitism to the policies of Israel and the United States, and to successful Jews such as himself:
    There is a resurgence of anti-Semitism in Europe. The policies of the Bush administration and the Sharon administration contribute to that. It's not specifically anti-Semitism, but it does manifest itself in anti-Semitism as well. I'm critical of those policies. If we change that direction, then anti-Semitism also will diminish. I can't see how one could confront it directly. . . .
    I'm also very concerned about my own role because the new anti-Semitism holds that the Jews rule the world. . . . As an unintended consequence of my actions. . . . I also contribute to that image

Soros on Bush:
    "The supremacist ideology of the Bush Administration stands in opposition to the principles of an open society, which recognize that people have different views and that nobody is in possession of the ultimate truth. The supremacist ideology postulates that just because we are stronger than others, we know better and have right on our side. The very first sentence of the September 2002 National Security Strategy (the President's annual laying out to Congress of the country's security objectives) reads, 'The great struggles of the twentieth century between liberty and totalitarianism ended with a decisive victory for the forces of freedom and a single sustainable model for national success: freedom, democracy, and free enterprise.'"
    Last edited by mroels; 10-14-2005 at 12:19 AM.