+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Retailing Does Not Occur in Multi-Level Marketing Companies

An evaluation, by a Forensic Accountant, as to why retailing does not occur in multi-level marketing companies:

http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfile...ing-companies/

Just so we don't try to casually dismiss or marginalize Tracy Coenen's findings, here are her credentials:

http://www.sequenceinc.com/about/tracy-coenen/

This is basically the same things I've been saying about the lack of retail sales in MLM all along. It's nice to see that qualified professional experts share then same views on this matter.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Re: Why Retailing Does Not Occur in Multi-Level Marketing Companies

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    An evaluation, by a Forensic Accountant, as to why retailing does not occur in multi-level marketing companies:

Just so we don't try to casually dismiss or marginalize Tracy Coenen's findings, here are her credentials:

This is basically the same things I've been saying about the lack of retail sales in MLM all along. It's nice to see that qualified professional experts share then same views on this matter.
    People often do not like to sell and many people are not good at selling. Then you factor in that MLM products are generic in nature with a premium price. That's a bad combination of factors for someone who isn't gifted at selling.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

You don't need to be a forensic accountant to realize that MLM is a bunch of bull shit. As a CPA, it's pretty easy to tell that MLM is a joke, and isn't any more realistic than the myth of Athena and Zeus.

EDIT: Joe, isn't it funny ChrisDoyle hasn't been posting ever since we caught him in a red handed lie? Pretty funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DoyleBrunson View Post
    You don't need to be a forensic accountant to realize that MLM is a bunch of bull shit. As a CPA, it's pretty easy to tell that MLM is a joke, and isn't any more realistic than the myth of Athena and Zeus.
    True, but I needed to find someone with qualified credentials to back up my negative observations about MLM, because the typical response is an-hominem to dismiss my points, rather than debate them. It's the typical "show me the link," "the source is biased," etc. Tracy is the link. She's the expert. To casually dismiss her observations would be laughable at best.

MLM defenders use red herrings, strawmen, ad nominems, and hypothetical best case scenarios to defend MLM. Meanwhile, qualified experts use actual facts/figures to show the many flaws of MLM.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    People often do not like to sell and many people are not good at selling. Then you factor in that MLM products are generic in nature with a premium price. That's a bad combination of factors for someone who isn't gifted at selling.
    I find it curious that MLM needs to recruit anyone with a pulse to get on the program, regardless of ability. How good is the business opportunity if you're so desperate to find people to join, that you'll take basically anyone?
    MLM's Mission Statement:

Problem is her "research" is from Robert Fitzpatrick. These people trot out the same 2 "experts" Taylor and FitzpatricK. Where is HER research? By the way there is plenty to "marginalize".

http://somecallmeduh.wordpress.com/2...mean-or-moron/

“While it may be true that Barry Minkow has engaged in some bad acts, I did not know about any of them and I did not participate in any of them. I was simply a consultant doing work for a client, and I stand behind the work I did. While Barry may have lied to the court, fabricated documentation, destroyed evidence, concealed witnesses, and intentionally hid information, I was not involved in any of those bad acts and did not know that they were occurring. I never engaged in any misconduct in any litigation, and I was not involved in the concealment or destruction of any evidence.” -Tracy Coenen
    Note the numerous mentions of Tracy and the part she played in these schemes perpetrated by CONVICTED con-men. Again, either Tracy is the worst ‘fraud’ investigater in history and had no idea what was actually going on, or she knew full well what the dealio was and didn’t care. Being acquainted with Tracy’s ego, my opinion is that she knew what was going on and made about a million justifications about why it’s all right for her to be involved. Either that or her large, over inflated ego made her think that she would never get caught. Who knows? Maybe she won’t be, but at least anyone from PT that stumbles across this blog can make an informed decision about whether or not to trust her.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Problem is her "research" is from Robert Fitzpatrick. These people trot out the same 2 "experts" Taylor and FitzpatricK. Where is HER research? By the way there is plenty to "marginalize".

http://somecallmeduh.wordpress.com/2...mean-or-moron/
    So what exactly is wrong with Taylor and Fitzpatrick's research?
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

So what exactly is wrong with Taylor and Fitzpatrick's research?
    It's not research. It's made up.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    Cool story.

Like the stories you and doyle tell on this forum?

She doesn't even cite MLM in her area of expertise. She defaults to...
    "Robert FitzPatrick, an internationally recognized authority on multi-level marketing and pyramid schemes and court certified..."

Currently Fitzpatrick would have huge creditability issues as "an expert" for prosecutors after nearly being dragged down in Barry Minkow's fraud against USANA. Probably a good forensic accountant but as far as MLM, she's blogger for Minkow's "Fraud Discovery Institute" and as such along with FitzP was a co-defendant (exonerated) in the case Medifast brought against Minkow for defamation with intent to defraud investors in 2010

Just another cog in their squeaky wheel.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by GeryD View Post
    She doesn't even cite MLM in her area of expertise. She defaults to...
    "Robert FitzPatrick, an internationally recognized authority on multi-level marketing and pyramid schemes and court certified..."

Currently Fitzpatrick would have huge creditability issues as "an expert" for prosecutors after nearly being dragged down in Barry Minkow's fraud against USANA. Probably a good forensic accountant but as far as MLM, she's blogger for Minkow's "Fraud Discovery Institute" and as such along with FitzP was a co-defendant (exonerated) in the case Medifast brought against Minkow for defamation with intent to defraud investors in 2010

Just another cog in their squeaky wheel.
    On the flip side of the coin, David Steadson, Chris Doyle and Ohein56 are liars with no credibilty and should not be trusted as they are shills for MLM.

Like the stories you and doyle tell on this forum?
    I tell the truth.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

I tell the truth.
    Which is a lie.

On the flip side of the coin, David Steadson, Chris Doyle and Ohein56 are liars with no credibilty and should not be trusted as they are shills for MLM.
    Absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. This place will always be the same. Another thread turns into an amateurish Liar, Liar, pissing match with Doyle's and Ohein's names dragged into it to make it an official Scam.comEDY thread.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by GeryD View Post
    Absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. This place will always be the same. Another thread turns into an amateurish Liar, Liar, pissing match with Doyle's and Ohein's names dragged into it to make it an official Scam.comEDY thread.
    IBOFightback cherry picks his facts without backing them up. Some survey in 2003, some study in 2005, some lawsuit in 2011. He is eloquent and sounds authoritative but he is obviously using a smoke and mirrors show to deceive others. I've been encountering him for 10 years so his tricks don't work on me.

Doyle makes claims and then put on onus on you to prove him wrong. For example, he made the claim (several times) that most people in MLM are only discount buyers (not sure if that was the exact term), but basically that the folks in MLM are only involved to be discount prices. The attrition rate was brought up as solid evidence that people are not in MLM just to ge cheaper stuff. Doyle's response was then to have the critics prove that people aren't joining to buy products cheaper. It's an endless cycle that Doyle likes tp wash, rinse and repeat.

Ohein is famous for putting words in people's mouths and then aruing against his own strawman. He's done this many many times.

Gery D, sorry you don't spend more time here but everything I've claimed in absolutely true. I can post links if needed, but when I have done so, IBOFB, doyle and Ohein then tell even more lies to defend themselves. Doyle even got caught not too long ago making a claim on MLM.com and then denying it on this forum.

Maybe you should reprimand the liars for a change instead of accusing others for the demise of this forum.

BTW, when I first joined the forum, I wanted to engage in discussion and was immediately attacked by doyle and ohein. Ohein constantly tried to post what he thought was my personal information and was banned more than once on this forum for it.

Ohein even called me out on this forum to meet in person and rumble but he no showed and then made a big scene about how he never agreed to meet me. I recently messaged him privately that I'm willing to meet hin in person to work out our personal differences and without any fanfare and he declined (chickened out). He likes to talk big but he doesn't walk the walk.

He even goes so far as to tell me that he truly hopes someone in my family gets cancer very soon. Despite that I have offered to pray for him and hope that he is touched by God.
    Last edited by Joecool44; 10-31-2014 at 01:22 AM.