+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ebola

Ebola

So Ebola killed a couple thousand people in the past few years. This is very tragic and my deppest sorrow goes out to the families who lost their loved ones to Ebola.
    But let's not forget that approximately 450 thousand people die every year from lung cancer. Hundreds of thousands of people die from an assortment of cancers.
    Not to mention malaria, obesity, high blood pressure, car accidents, over dosing.
    And here we sit and discuss Ebola. That was on Tue front page of Wall Street Journal for three days.
    Anyone have any idea why its just a big topic all the while its not that deadly?

Re: Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by James2 View Post
    So Ebola killed a couple thousand people in the past few years. This is very tragic and my deppest sorrow goes out to the families who lost their loved ones to Ebola.
    But let's not forget that approximately 450 thousand people die every year from lung cancer. Hundreds of thousands of people die from an assortment of cancers.
    Not to mention malaria, obesity, high blood pressure, car accidents, over dosing.
    And here we sit and discuss Ebola. That was on Tue front page of Wall Street Journal for three days.
    Anyone have any idea why its just a big topic all the while its not that deadly?
    From what I have read about Ebola... it has, about, a 70+% mortality rate. In other words, about 70+% of the people who contract it die.

Yes, it is harder to catch than Measles or Flu and more people die annually from Measles and Flu than Ebola, but what are the mortality rates (the percentage of those who die) of Measles or Flu? If you wish to discount Ebola as just an overblown media event that is fine with me, but have you compared mortality rates?

Is Cancer, Obesity, High Blood Pressure, drug overdosing and so on spread by contact with an "infected" person's bodily fluids? Your comparing apples to oranges.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Because it's a disease you can CATCH just by coming into contact with another random person and it has the potential to KILL you.

The fatality rate is 50% right now

Those other diseases you mentioned are overwhelmingly SELF-INFLICTED after DECADES of personal abuse.

Were you here long enough to see the post I made about the yearly rise in AIDS? This is exhibiting the same characteristics and THESE victims are much more innocent (they don't have to engage in risky behavior to DIE).

Oh hell no! This thing was probably the old historical 'Black Death' . Throughout the Mediterranean and Europe, the Black Death is estimated to have killed 30–60% of Europe's total population. All in all, the plague reduced the world population from an estimated 450 million down to 350–375 million in the 14th century.

This thing can easily get out of control QUICKLY.

Please help our church -
    Your donations no matter how small are appreciated :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hell No View Post
    Oh hell no! This thing was probably the old historical 'Black Death' . Throughout the Mediterranean and Europe, the Black Death is estimated to have killed 30–60% of Europe's total population. All in all, the plague reduced the world population from an estimated 450 million down to 350–375 million in the 14th century.

SMH...

http://www.themiddleages.net/plague.html

Last edited by PaulM; 10-27-2014 at 04:45 PM.

First of all, I love a Kim Kardashian picture anyday.
    Certain people, mostly Republicans always resort to an opinion that ultimately is a TERRIBLE "I told you so".....where no one wins.
    • So when global warming ruins the world......you think I am happy to say "I told you so?" !!!
    • So when Ebola spreads in Los Angeles or NYC and millions diee you think I would be happy to say "I told you so....."?!!!
    • So when airport security is tightened and new 911s are stopped because you are inconvenienced why does that piss you off so much?
    My point is this:

Ebola SPREADS and SPREADS and SPREADS expodentially. It is a epidemic pandemic virus that kills over 50% rate. Trust me if someone in your circle is affected, you will change your tune.:judges:

It is better to be safe than sorry. You are all back seat drivers. Think of the things they don't work on. Why criticize effort to help people?!!!!

ALSO BAN ALL CIGARETTES YES!

PS: it is common theory that Black Death was Ebola Source
    Last edited by Administrator; 10-28-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    But the advantage of Ebola is you never had Kris Jenner as a Mother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell No View Post

Hell god killed every single living thing except for a boat load.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Good point

16 members of doctors without borders have had ebola -- NINE DIED

Liberals are so damn short sighted. That's why they f-up everyting they touch when they're in power

http://m.jems.com/article/news/16-me...-borders-infec

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Obama's immigration policies are more deadly to this country than ebola

What are you Rodney Dangerfield now?:freak3:

Last edited by Administrator; 10-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.