+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Political QUOTES

My aunt sent these to me... I'm going to look for more and would like to see what you guys can add!!

Political Quotes:

WAR

We have women in the military, but they don't put us in the front lines. They don't know if we can fight or if we can kill. I think we can. All the general has to do is walk over to the women and say, "You see the enemy over there? They say you look fat in those uniforms." - Elayne Boosler

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't. - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. - Hermann Wilhelm Göring, during his trial in Nuremberg

My fellow Americans: I’m pleased to tell you today that I’ve signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes. - Ronald Reagan, 40th US President - A joke made while testing a microphone before a broadcast 11 Aug 84

Dear Madam,
    I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
    Yours very sincerely and respectfully,
    A. Lincoln
    - Letter to Mrs. Bixby of Boston, who lost five sons killed in battle. Nov. 21, 1864 (This letter gained notoriety thanks to the movie 'Saving Private Ryan'. In the movie, all of Ryan's brothers had died during the D-day invasion of France, which is why the Generals decided that Ryan (the only living sibling) should be saved.)

IMMIGRATION

A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group in America has not yet become an American. - Woodrow Wilson

The rich require an abundant supply of the poor. - Voltaire

California is going to be a Hispanic State and anyone who doesn't like it should leave. - Mario Obledo, president of the Californian Coalition of Hispanic Organisations

We know what our policy is regarding the territory of Israel, Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia and even Nagorno-Karabakh. What is our policy regarding the territory of the United States? No nation in history has ever been as willing to accommodate those who would dismember it as has the United States of America. Trying to get a straight pro-U. S. comment out of a U.S. elected official is like trying to nail a custard pie to the side of a barn. - Barry Farber, 'Mexico Eats U.S. a Bit at a Time', Tuesday, June 12, 2001

Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. - Robert Orben

FREE SPEECH

Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech. - Benjamin Franklin

Take away the right to say "fvck" and you take away the right to say "fvck the government". - Lenny Bruce

And you have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it... - The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every man has a right to knock him down for it. - Dr. Samuel Johnson English author, lexicographer

In revealing the workings of government that led to the Vietnam War, the newspapers nobly did precisely that which the Founders hoped and trusted they would do. - Hugo L Black, Associate Justice, US Supreme Court - Concurring opinion in 6-3 ruling that upheld the press’s right to publish the Pentagon Papers, 30 Jun 71

Re: Political QUOTES

" In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together. " -Dwight Eisenhower

-------------------------------------------

"As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality." -George Washington

"The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed out of your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then get elected and prove it." -P.J O'Rourke

"Only a liberal senator from Massachusetts would say that a 49 percent increase in funding for education was not enough." -George W Bush

“In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God." -Robert F. Kennedy

"Our paradigm now seems to be: Something terrible happened to us on September 11, and that gives us the right to interpret all future events in a way that everyone else in the world must agree with us. And if they don't, they can go straight to hell." -Bill Clinton

"Like other tyrannies, the tyranny of the majority was at first, and is still vulgarly, held in dread, chiefly as operating through the acts of the public authorities. But reflecting persons perceived that when society is itself the tyrant — society collectively over the separate individuals who compose it — its means of tyrannizing are not restricted to the acts which it may do by the hands of its political functionaries. Society can and does execute its own mandates; and if it issues wrong mandates instead of right, or any mandates at all in things with which it ought not to meddle, it practices a social tyranny more formidable than many kinds of political oppression, since, though not usually upheld by such extreme penalties, it leaves fewer means of escape, penetrating much more deeply into the details of life, and enslaving the soul itself. Protection, therefore, against the tyranny of the magistrate is not enough; there needs protection also against the tyranny of the prevailing opinion and feeling, against the tendency of society to impose, by other means than civil penalties, its own ideas and practices as rules of conduct on those who dissent from them; to fetter the development and, if possible, prevent the formation of any individuality not in harmony with its ways, and compel all characters to fashion themselves upon the model of its own. There is a limit to the legitimate interference of collective opinion with individual independence; and to find that limit, and maintain it against encroachment, is as indispensable to a good condition of human affairs as protection against political despotism." John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Not sure if these qualify as political but they're ok....oh boy i'm gonna get in trouble for some of these!!

About Democrats:
    A diplomat thinks twice before saying nothing..
    "You're so open-minded, your brains fell out."

Trade Deficit- well i doubt it was about the government's budget but it works
    “Pay every debt as if God wrote the bill.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Global situation:
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schulz)

Alliances:
    'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'-Martin Luther King Jr.
    "Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - R. Kennedy

About Bush supporters:
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." - Frank Zappa
    Every morning is the dawn of a new error - unknown
    "Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience."-unknown
    "Some people are going to leave a mark on this world, while others will leave a stain." -unknown

About politicians getting involved with war vs. soldiers being committed to war:
    "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

Bush supporter's view of all media except FOX News:
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Religion:
    "God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

War:
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - General George Patton (1885-1945)
    "Men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all the other alternatives." - Abba Eban (1915-2002)
    War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.-unknown

USEFUL AT WORK IF YOUR NAME IS GEORGE DUBYA BUSH:
    1. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
    2. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
    3. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
    4. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
    5. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.
    6. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
    7. What am I? Flypaper for freaks !?
    8. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    9. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
    10. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
    11. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.
    12. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
    13. No, my powers can only be used for good.
    14. How about never? Is never good for you ?
    15. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.
    16. You sound reasonable... Time to up my medication.
    17. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
    18. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...
    19. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
    20. Who me? I just wander from room to room.
    21. My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!
    22. It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    23. At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
    24. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
    25. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
    26. Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    "Only a liberal senator from Massachusetts would say that a 49 percent increase in funding for education was not enough." -George W Bush
    Oh yeah two more...about polling statistic: "49% of all statistics are worthless"

Bush about the world: "The whole world is going to hell and I'm driving the bus"

tommywho70x Guest

CV, this post deserves:

The Flying Pig Award - A Delta T Creations, tommywho70x Yahoo! Politics at SCAM1
    EXCLUSIVE Thread protected by MS-DOS (R) Version 7.10 A with (TCP/IP)\MySQL_EN"

The Internet Red Herring Award JAVA RED THREAD protected by AltaVista, Inc. BABELFISH (One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Jew Fish=Grouper=Sea Bass)
    PHISHING TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS
    A://altavista...eAccessSetup.exe...DirectDrawVersion1. 1...rasapi32.inf.microav.com[1]
    B:[None=None]Bottom Line feeders:MicroPortalui...Add New Connection Manager.~??[0]

The Internet Golden Banana Award - USA SUCS.ORG
    (Swansea University Computer Society)

We'll be back (Me and My Computer) with some Top Choice Political Quotes.

GOVERNMENT

‘Politics' is made up of two words, 'poli,' which is Greek for 'many,' and 'tics,' which are blood-sucking insects.- Gore Vidal

Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - President Ronald Reagan

I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution. I would be willing to depend on that alone for the reduction of the administration of our government; I mean an additional article taking from the Federal Government the power of borrowing. - Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1798.

Democracy's the worst form of government except for all the others. - Winston Churchill

Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. - H.L. Mencken

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism it's just the opposite.- John Kenneth Galbraith

Communism is the corruption of a dream of justice. - Adlai Stevenson

A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves. - Bertrand de Jouvenel

The State calls its own violence, law; but that of the individual, crime - Max Stirner, "The Ego and His Own" (1845)

The CIA is an organization with a known criminal record. Can we get them for racketeering? - Larry Taylor

Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government. - Jeremy Bentham

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. - Voltaire

There aren't any three branches of government. It's all government. And it sucks.- John Matonis, speaking at the 1977 Libertarian national convention.

POLITICIANS

A lot has been said about politics; some of it complimentary, but most of it accurate. - Eric Idle

What do Washington's politicians and pro wrestlers have in common?... They're mostly overweight white guys pretending to hurt each other. - Unknown

A politician thinks of the next election - a statesman of the next generation. - James Freeman Clarke

A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker. - H.L. Mencken

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he came to town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too bad. - "Deep Thoughts", by Jack Handy

Please tell me you’re Republicans. - Ronald Reagan, 40th US President, to surgeons as he entered operating room after being wounded in an assassination attempt 30 Mar 81

Today Mr. President we are all Republicans. - The reply of one of the doctors to Reagan's previous remark

Honey, I forgot to duck - President Reagan to his wife, Nancy after being shot.

Half of the American people never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half. - Gore Vidal

True Terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country - Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few. - George Bernard Shaw

Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other two percent that get all the publicity. But then - we elected them. - Lily Tomlin

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber - Plato

The short memories of American voters is what keeps our politicians in office. - Will Rogers

Have you ever seen a politician talking to a rich person on TV? - Art Buchwald

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them. - Paul Valery

It makes no difference who you vote for -- the two parties are really one party representing 4 percent of the people. - Gore Vidal

I don't care who does the electing just so long as I do the nominating. - William "Boss" Tweed - quite possibly the most corrupt America politician of the 19th century

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and both commonly succeed, and are right... The United States has never developed an aristocracy really disinterested or an intelligentsia really intelligent. Its history is simply a record of vacillations between two gangs of frauds. - H.L. Mencken

Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties - 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depositary of the public interests. - In every country these two parties exist, and in every one where they are free to think, speak, and write, they will declare themselves. Call them, therefore, Liberals and Serviles, Jacobins and Ultras, Whigs and Tories, Republicans and Federalists, Aristocrats and Democrats, or by whatever name you please, they are the same parties still and pursue the same object. The last one of Aristocrats and Democrats is the true one expressing the essence of all. - Thomas Jefferson to Henry Lee, 1824.

Liberal - a power worshipper without power. - George Orwell, "Politics and the English Language," Shooting an Elephant (1950)

Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception. - George Orwell

The sickly, weakly, timid man fears the people, and is a Tory by nature. The healthy, strong and bold cherishes them, and is formed a Whig by nature. - Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823

Politically, Swift was one of those people who are driven into a sort of perverse Toryism by the follies of the progressive party of the moment. - George Orwell, An Examination of Gulliver’s Travels, (1946)

Obviously a politician cannot wear his heart on his sleeve when he is working for the success of his country. ..Just as a businessman does not divulge his secrets to his rival, so also in politics, with even greater justification, much must remain a secret. - How They Lie: Proof of our Enemies' Malicious Propaganda(1939), by Ernst Herbert Lehmann, Nazi

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is lord - Machiavelli

You take a mortal man and put him in control. Watch him become a god. Watch peoples heads a'roll - Megadeth, Symphony Of Destruction

It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place. - H.L. Mencken

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. - Mark Twain

The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them. - Mark Twain

A man is none the less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years. - Lysander Spooner (1808-1887)

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody. - Franklin Pierce Adams

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President -- I'm beginning to believe it. - Clarence Darrow

No matter how much evidence we uncover about this case or any others involving Mr. Clinton, millions of Americans simply will not care -- they will excuse the corruption because they like Bill Clinton. - Bill Oreilly, "The Oreily Factor", Jan 24, 2001

In California, 50 women protested the impending war with Iraq by lying on the ground naked and spelling out the word peace. Right idea, wrong president. - Jay Leno, comparing Clinton to Bush

If advocates of (campaign finance) reform honestly want to reduce the role of money in politics ... they'll first have to reduce the importance of politics. - J.D. Tuccille, When "reform" isn't, A newsletter from About.com

'Reform' is a word you always aughta' watch out for. 'Reform' is a change that you're supposed to like. And watch it - As soon as you hear the word 'Reform', you [should] reach for your wallet and see who’s lifting it. - Noam Chomsky

George W. Bush cannot out-talk Al Gore. Period. Mr. Gore thinks faster on his feet and is much more verbal. So if that is the criteria, Gore won the debate. But if that is the criteria, Don Rickles should be President. - Bill O'reilly, 10/04/2000, The O'Reilly Factor

Thomas Jefferson once said, “We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.” And ever since he told me that I stopped worrying. - Ronald Reagan, 40th US President. On running for president at age 73, address at Dixon IL 6 Feb 84

People in the media say they must look … at the president with a microscope. Now, I don’t mind a microscope, but boy, when they use a proctoscope, that’s going too far. - Richard M Nixon, 37th US President, NBC TV 8 Apr 84

I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House—with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone. - John F Kennedy, 35th US President, At dinner for 49 Nobel laureates 29 Apr 62

THANKS for the quotes guys!! Keep 'em coming PLEASE :)

tommy - I'm still waiting for yours!

My personal favorites so far:

"The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed out of your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then get elected and prove it." -P.J O'Rourke

"We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together. " -Dwight Eisenhower
    Quote Originally Posted by mroels
    'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'-Martin Luther King Jr.

“Pay every debt as if God wrote the bill.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schulz)

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left".-unknown

USEFUL AT WORK IF YOUR NAME IS GEORGE DUBYA BUSH:
    4. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
    5. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.
    8. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
    9. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
    16. You sound reasonable... Time to up my medication.
    18. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...
    19. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
    23. At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
    My vote for "Most PREVALENT":

Quote Originally Posted by mroels
    Bush about the world: "The whole world is going to hell and I'm driving the bus".....
    Ain't THAT THE TRUTH!!!!!! :rolleyes:

"I have seen that we do not intend to free but to subjugate. And so I am anti-imperialist. I am opposed to having the eagle put its talons on any other land. I have a strong aversion to sending our bright boys out there to fight with a disgraced musket under a polluted flag" -Mark Twain, 1900

Yes I like this one too!!

What's the use of sending a $2 million missile into a $10 tent to hit a camel in the butt?
    --George W. Bush

More and more of our imports are coming from overseas
    --George W. Bush (hahahahaha)

Politicians never accuse you of “greed” for wanting to take other people’s money—only for wanting to keep your own money.
    -Joseph Sobran

A monarch’s neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright.
    -Robert A. Heinlein

The only good bureaucrat is one with a pistol at his head. Put it in his hand and it’s good-bye to the Bill of Rights.
    -H.L. Mencken

The proverb warns that “You should not bite the hand that feeds you.” But maybe you should if it prevents you from feeding yourself.
    -Thomas Sasz

It is a mistake to assume that government must necessarily last forever. The institution marks a certain stage of civilization—is natural to a particular phase of human development. It is not essential, but incidental. As amongst the Bushmen we find a state antecedent to government, so may there be one in which it shall have become extinct.
    -Herbert Spencer

Government interference always means either violent action or the threat of such action. Government is in the last resort the employment of armed men, of policemen, gendarmes, soldiers, prison guards, and hangmen. The essential feature of government is the enforcement of its decrees by beating, killing, and imprisoning. Those who are asking for more government interference are asking ultimately for more compulsion and less freedom.
    -Ludwig von Mises

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -Benjamin Franklin

That government is best which governs least.
    -Henry David Thoreau, probably others before him

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    -Thomas Jefferson

When under the pretext of fraternity, the legal code imposes mutual sacrifices on the citizens, human nature is not thereby abrogated. Everyone will then direct his efforts toward contributing little to, and taking much from, the common fund of sacrifices. Now, is it the most unfortunate who gains from this struggle? Certainly not, but rather the most influential and calculating.
    -Frederic Bastiat, The Law

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    -Milton Friedman

The worst government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often very tolerant and humane. But when fanatics are on top there is no limit to oppression.
    -H.L. Mencken

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.
    -Tacitus

It is seldom that any freedom is lost all at once.
    -David Hume

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedience, and by parts.
    -Edmund Burke (Can anyone say PATRIOT ACT)

In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
    -Charles de Gaulle

In government, the scum rises to the top.
    -F.A. Hayek

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    -Groucho Marx

There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal. -F.A. Hayek

If this is a war against terrorism and not a Eurocentric war against Islam, the conclusion is ineluctable: We must attack France. What are they going to do? Fight us? -Ann Coulter

Equality is a slogan based on envy. It signifies in the heart of every republican: “Nobody is going to occupy a place higher than I.” -Alexis de Tocqueville

Our federal government, which was intended to operate as a very limited constitutional republic, has instead become a virtually socialist leviathan that redistributes trillions of dollars. We can hardly be surprised when countless special interests fight for the money. The only true solution to the campaign-money problem is a return to a proper constitutional government that does not control the economy. Big government and big campaign money go hand in hand. -Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), “Texas Straight Talk,” 2/4/02

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong. -Thomas Sowell

The common good comes before the private good. -Nazi slogan

Social Security is the antithesis of economic liberty. Your money (about 15 percent of your paycheck) is taken from you by force and placed into a horrid “retirement plan.” There is no guarantee you will ever get the money back. If you die before you retire your heirs have no claim on those funds. The politicians can decide at any time that your retirement benefits can be cut back...or completely eliminated. If you do manage to get your benefits you will be lucky to realize a one percent return on your “investment.” If any private financial planner offered you this plan in a private form he would be arrested, prosecuted and put in solitary confinement. -Neal Boortz

All political theories assume, of course, that most individuals are very ignorant. Those who plead for liberty differ from the rest in that they include among the ignorant themselves as well as the wisest.
    -F.A. Hayek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Voltaire

All sects are different, because they come from men; morality is everywhere the same, because it comes from God.

England has forty-two religions and only two sauces

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
    A great many laws in a country, like many physicians, is a sign of malady.

Common sense is not so common.

If you have two religions in your land, the two will cut each other’s throats; but if you have thirty religions, they will dwell in peace.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give it to the other.

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: “O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.” And God granted it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I think that's enough for today

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are so full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

What a cute little thread...liberals bashing the President by using quotations from famous folks that do not refer to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    What a cute little thread...liberals bashing the President by using quotations from famous folks that do not refer to him!!
    hey buddy... Believe it or not, there are SOME THINGS in life that do not revolve around Bush... There are alot of interesting quotes here that have NOTHING to do with that a$$hole in the White House. You are welcome to post your favorite quotes if you want, but if you have nothing to contribute, please go away and defend your "Washington D.C. IDOL" somewhere else... :rolleyes:

"This is an A - B conversation, so C your way out, before D jumps over E and F's you up"!! :cool: :D

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Instead of pissing on the entire idea behind the thread, why don't you do something constructive and add to it? 95% of the quotes aren't even about President Bush.

Quotes from both sides are welcome.
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 10-20-2005 at 03:50 PM.

actually i was quite amazed by some quotations i had not read,or "heard".and i find amoung those listed many that go completely against liberal thought yet i must admit they are relevant.the bush bashing list was abit off topic...........not wrong,just off topic.besides,it gave POO a way out!!(poopooed) i may go thru again and list my favorites.especially the ones that challenged my opinions "properly"!(by proposal)like,will you marry me!?!and yes,.....on some......i tawt i taw a SHOTGUN!!meeeooooowww!!!!:eek: :p :rolleyes:
    Last edited by lexx; 10-20-2005 at 04:36 PM.

POO coulda scrutinized the overall list and found plenty of "one- sided"ammunition for a true "broadside"!!but his sensitivity blindness to "W" criticism left him without a proper reply!!that's my story an i'm stickin to it!! :eek: :p :rolleyes: