+ Reply to Thread

Losing my friggen mind

First I would like to introduce myself, My name is Toby and I live in NH. I have been working in sales ever since I graduated High School. Cars, Mortgage, in-home sales, etc. Anyways my current job allows me tons of time during the day so I have been searching for something I can WORK!!! at and make a 6 figure income from home. I really don't have any start up money so obviously my options are limited I know this. I have started to save so that when I do find the right opportunitty I can go all out. But everything sems to be a scam that no one really makes money, just false hopes and promises. I must say this site has saved me some money that I don't have. But JESUS IS THERE ANYTHING OUT THERE FOR ME!!!?!??!??!??!! Please do not respond to this with LLI or EPI or Coastal I dont have 2 grand in cash or credit which is what I have gathered that I will need to actually even have a remote chance at making money with any of these "oppurtunities".

Am I destined to be poor? Is there any chance that I can live like I want? Should I just give up and deal with my life as it is, sales managers, pay check to pay check, no luxuries, no fun??!?!??!

Anyways

>end rant

Re: Losing my friggen mind

Unless you're addicted to crack, most sales jobs should pay you adequately to live well (65-75,000 a year).
    Just keep working. The money is out there. If you're not making it, it's because you're not good at sales or you are in a tiny town with no money. Consider moving or changing careers.

BTW, how old are you? If you've been out of high school for a year or two, you have no reason to complain. If you've been out of high school for 10-15 years, then you have chosen the wrong career path.

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    BTW, how old are you? If you've been out of high school for a year or two, you have no reason to complain. If you've been out of high school for 10-15 years, then you have chosen the wrong career path.
    I've been out of high school for 26 years and I'll be first to admit I stink at direct sales where you have to talk to people. But I can write and make ads online or for mail. That's easy. But I can't seem to sell anything that way either.... I think because the internet & mail is saturated with all kinds of sales and anything you try to sell (especially home business related) just gets passed over as another scam.

I tried construction / hazardous material removal which could pay well if you were able to stick at it - but I've had a few injuries / poisonings that preclude me from working those fields, yet not to the extent I could collect disability. (Collected workers comp / unemployment for under a year in a few cases, but that's all - and one small settlement of a couple thousand in 1992).

Yeah, sometimes I feel like the title to this thread says! :eek:

Ravensmed....
    Ok, you've honestly tried sales & construction / hazardous material removal. Those do NOT work for you. So....move on.
    Find something that DOES work for you.
    Isn't there something that you are "specifically" good at? Like a talent or hobby that you have? If you find something you are good at, do it. The $ will come when you are working something that you are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by PAYEK
    Ravensmed....
    Ok, you've honestly tried sales & construction / hazardous material removal. Those do NOT work for you. So....move on.
    Find something that DOES work for you.
    Isn't there something that you are "specifically" good at? Like a talent or hobby that you have? If you find something you are good at, do it. The $ will come when you are working something that you are good at.

What about when you can't make money at what you're good at?

I'm good at making leather & deerhide bags & some beadwork. Can't sell em, not even on eBay. I spent more money on Ebay listings than I made because I made nothing - not a one sold, even when I lowered my bids.

Writing. There are absolutely no legitimate writing jobs online.

Writing songs. Tried before, no one wants them unless you pay first, or, you have a band. Plus there is huge competition.

Publishing books. Takes money. Is a shot in the dark. Don't have proper computer programs. (No MS word and a partially completed manuscript is in MS word docs)

Councelling. You need an 8 year college degree. I have 1 year college and lost my federal funding. I council people for free when they come, and many come with their suicide tendencies & depressions & darkness. I guess I get satisfaction in helping those I can even though shrinks make $50+ an hour doing the same thing.

Anthropology/Sociology. I've studied & wrote about other cultures for years. But again you need a college degree of 4 years and I only have 1 year in this field, and I'll repeat, I lost my ability to continue college.

Real Estate. Buying & reselling land is easy & I have access to many parcels of dirt cheap quality land. (This is one thing I CAN sell on Ebay) Needs investment though. Don't have it. Let's put it this way - if I had $20,000 to start with I could purchase anywhere from 3 to 6 properties eight now. I could resell them for 150 - 200% within 6 months. But, no money to even buy one, let alone the multiple parcels I'd need to do this.

Farming. There's no money in working for someone else. I have experience. You have to do it yourself. Again, needs investment.

Can't get a job with an employer because my resume is so crappy. NO ONE wants to hire someone whose last 3 jobs in the past 3 years "reason for leaving" are Suspended, Fired, Workers Comp/work injury.

I've tried all this stuff. Nothings happening. :mad: :(

I definately have made 75k in sales but thats not 6 figures is it? As for getting into something else I would love to but what is a 25 year old with no other experience besides sales going to do. Thats why I have been looking for something to do from home that I can make some great money over time.

Why not work for yourself? Start your own little business venture. Find something that people in your area need and provide it - or look in the classified ads for contract type work. You don't necessarily needs lots of cash, just transportation and desire. In my experience there are not many positions that pay you for sitting in your own living room in your jammies.
    Last edited by linda49; 10-12-2005 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tobe
    I definately have made 75k in sales but thats not 6 figures is it? As for getting into something else I would love to but what is a 25 year old with no other experience besides sales going to do. Thats why I have been looking for something to do from home that I can make some great money over time.
    Tobe...You have a similar background to myself, just alittle younger in the process. I have been in sales/marketing for over 9 years and even paid my dues in management. I, too, made over $70,000 a year at one point in my career. The problem for me was two fold...I did not seem to gel within a Corporate environment full of arrogent upper management and politics...and, I did not feel that successful at the end of the day. I also have new child in my life that played a heavy role in my mind-set to achieve my own venture.

I researched business opportunities for about 1 and a half, and even came close to buying into a couple of franchises. I did not want to put that much cash into a business that had a very vague future. I looked for something I could control more and operate with minimal overhead. This took me down the path of Direct Sales and Network Marketing. I have found that my sales background allowed mr to adapt quickly into this industry.

I company I finally settled on was Pre-Paid Legal, becuase it had a great mix of product sales and team building. I have been able to build a nice income thru sales alone while I take my time to build a quality team of other Associates. My personal results have been very satisfying to date and I can actually see my goals being exceeded on a consistent basis.

The important factor about PPL is that it has a very low cost associated with it to get the business started with an immediate opportunity to make money....not, thousands off the bat (unless you are really good), but $400-$500 the first month. It only grows from there as you build your prospecting list and slowly find other quality team players to work with.

To make long story a little longer...I would say give PPL some of your time to research the company and the business opportunity. You may or may not see value in this business, but it will make thing twice though. My 2 closest teammates are also ex-sales professionals, which also do very well in this business. It goes to show that sales skills provide a great foundation for developing excellent people skills. NWMarketing and Direct Sales is all about relationship building and many people in this industry get too clouded by the money to never see where their income comes from...other people.

Take that for what it is worth. I would be more than hapy to provide you information above and beyond what you research online. 888.302.2592

Matthew Brown

Get a second job. 75000 + 25000 = 100000. Problem solved.
    Are you looking for income or do you want to sit on your ass? I'm not exactly clear on this.

First I would like to introduce myself, My name is Toby and I live in NH. I have been working in sales ever since I graduated High School. Cars, Mortgage, in-home sales, etc. Anyways my current job allows me tons of time during the day so I have been searching for something I can WORK!!! at and make a 6 figure income from home. I really don't have any start up money so obviously my options are limited I know this. I have started to save so that when I do find the right opportunitty I can go all out. But everything sems to be a scam that no one really makes money, just false hopes and promises. I must say this site has saved me some money that I don't have. But JESUS IS THERE ANYTHING OUT THERE FOR ME!!!?!??!??!??!! Please do not respond to this with LLI or EPI or Coastal I dont have 2 grand in cash or credit which is what I have gathered that I will need to actually even have a remote chance at making money with any of these "oppurtunities".

Am I destined to be poor? Is there any chance that I can live like I want? Should I just give up and deal with my life as it is, sales managers, pay check to pay check, no luxuries, no fun??!?!??!

Anyways

>end rant
    If 75K won't give you the life you want, you need to a) get realistic expectations or b) move somewhere with a normal cost of living. I've been to New Hampshire quite a few times. Believe me, a "starter" house doesn't cost 500K anywhere else.

Tobe,I have been searching for home buissnes for all a year but it is still hard to find
    a legitimate one,but these days I got one.Do you know Network Marketting?,you buy first and you get another person to buy then you get good amount of commission(life changing).I am telling you 1% of the buissnes. Short story,an ethiopian guy came up with this buissness from India two years before leaving his highly earning job because he has belived in it he can make it.Now,whether you belive or not this guy and others fellows are making about $10,000 and more per week,not per month,not per year.If you are only interested email me I will tell you know the detail.

Tobe,

I have been in sales and recruiting for 10 years now and the last 5 have been in sales management. I see this all of the time in sales people. If you really want to make $100k then you will. If you spent the time you have been on this site making phone calls you will probably find a few more clients that will get you to the $100k mark you are looking for. The biggest gripe from sales people is they CAN'T make enough money. They can't because they don't put the effort into it. Sales is not easy, but even a bad sales person will get results if they make the phone calls. All Sales positions rely on numbers. If you make the calls you will find people that need your product. This applies to every industry. I currently have a sales person that has the personality of a tree stump, but she makes 500 calls a week and guess what....She is the number one sales person out of the 6 on my team. I say all of this because it doesn't seem like you are really concerned about what you are doing, but rather how much you make. If you want to make $$ then sales is the best way to do it. Make a game out of your phone calls and don't be happy with less then 100 a day and I promise you will see results.

BTW,

$75,000 a year is not poor. I think your concept of $$ is a little out of Whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensmedicine
    What about when you can't make money at what you're good at?

I'm good at making leather & deerhide bags & some beadwork. Can't sell em, not even on eBay. I spent more money on Ebay listings than I made because I made nothing - not a one sold, even when I lowered my bids.

Writing. There are absolutely no legitimate writing jobs online.

Writing songs. Tried before, no one wants them unless you pay first, or, you have a band. Plus there is huge competition.

Publishing books. Takes money. Is a shot in the dark. Don't have proper computer programs. (No MS word and a partially completed manuscript is in MS word docs)

Councelling. You need an 8 year college degree. I have 1 year college and lost my federal funding. I council people for free when they come, and many come with their suicide tendencies & depressions & darkness. I guess I get satisfaction in helping those I can even though shrinks make $50+ an hour doing the same thing.

Anthropology/Sociology. I've studied & wrote about other cultures for years. But again you need a college degree of 4 years and I only have 1 year in this field, and I'll repeat, I lost my ability to continue college.

Real Estate. Buying & reselling land is easy & I have access to many parcels of dirt cheap quality land. (This is one thing I CAN sell on Ebay) Needs investment though. Don't have it. Let's put it this way - if I had $20,000 to start with I could purchase anywhere from 3 to 6 properties eight now. I could resell them for 150 - 200% within 6 months. But, no money to even buy one, let alone the multiple parcels I'd need to do this.

Farming. There's no money in working for someone else. I have experience. You have to do it yourself. Again, needs investment.

Can't get a job with an employer because my resume is so crappy. NO ONE wants to hire someone whose last 3 jobs in the past 3 years "reason for leaving" are Suspended, Fired, Workers Comp/work injury.

I've tried all this stuff. Nothings happening. :mad: :(
    Well, I don't know what to tell you. :confused:
    If I can think of something I will post it. Just don't give up on yourself.