+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: N.O. Man beaten by police. Officers charged

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho70x
    At the risk of drawing another stream of disjunctive reasoning from you, pwrone, this thread is being built and archived by a group of INTERNET/WWW-web-human-resources who are citizens of the US and OTHER {COUNTRY_SELECT} discussing a news-worthy 'event'
    that impacts us all in different ways in our own communities.

Nobody is 'cop-bashing' here. We are sharing our knowledge of corruption, excessive use of force and the sources of it in LEAs in general and discussing possible ways for improving the quality of law enforcement in our own
    communities.

Nobody other than you has posted any thing like 'most cops are good or bad'.
    It is just such illogical comparative superlatives that is your trademark in cognitive reasoning turned into a thread posting that is so disruptive and draws so much fire back at you.

I would suggest again, that it if this type of argument [('FORM')] gives you whatever satisfaction you get from arguing in this passive-aggressive manner, that you join another domain where the members like to do it your way.

Your postings insult the intelligence and dignity of the owner of this domain, his moderators and membership.

Just can't resist, can you? And , like a moth to a flame, you inevitably burn out...one way or the other. So, let me clear it up for ya...take notes. YOU veered off topic when you started reminiscing about events real or imagined that occured in your distant past. True or False ? I was referring to YOU when I mentioned the 'cop-bashing' ,as you devoted nearly two full posts to just that...alleged infractions by police toward you and your friends decades ago. True or False? And while you are free to encourage me to 'join another domain', I believe you are being rather presumptive to infer that I am insulting the intelligence of the owners , mods and membership of this domain. I am certain that they can adequately express themselves, and , if in need of a 'spokesperson', would select someone who had at least a nodding aquaintance with reality.

Well, I see that things are back to normal. Far out! Glad to see you posting again pwrone. I think you've been missed! :eek:

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 10-12-2005 at 05:49 PM.

tommywho70x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Just can't resist, can you? And , like a moth to a flame, you inevitably burn out...one way or the other. So, let me clear it up for ya...take notes. YOU veered off topic when you started reminiscing about events real or imagined that occured in your distant past. True or False ? I was referring to YOU when I mentioned the 'cop-bashing' ,as you devoted nearly two full posts to just that...alleged infractions by police toward you and your friends decades ago. True or False? And while you are free to encourage me to 'join another domain', I believe you are being rather presumptive to infer that I am insulting the intelligence of the owners , mods and membership of this domain. I am certain that they can adequately express themselves, and , if in need of a 'spokesperson', would select someone who had at least a nodding aquaintance with reality.
    i don't have time for this and if you insist on being combative i am going to insist that you be banned for posting anything into this thread and that you take this garbage to the vent room and i'll meet you there in a few days after i deal with things that are a lot more important and critical to the health and safety of my computer than bandying words with somebody who has absolutely nothing to do with anything i care about.

LADY MOD: CHECK YOUR PM BOX. THIS A$$HOLE IS NOT WELCOME TO POST ANYTHING ELSE TO THIS THREAD.

i don't have time for this and if you insist on being combative i am going to insist that you be banned for posting anything into this thread and that you take this garbage to the vent room and i'll meet you there in a few days after i deal with things that are a lot more important and critical to the health and safety of my computer than bandying words with somebody who has absolutely nothing to do with anything i care about.

LADY MOD: CHECK YOUR PM BOX. THIS A$$HOLE IS NOT WELCOME TO POST ANYTHING ELSE TO THIS THREAD.

Who the fvck do you think you are? Really?

It is pretty easy to follow this thread...11)I post some comments about my opinion on what is happening in N.O....12 and 13)amroels disagrees with me, posts point by point reasons...14)You jump in with hysterical gibberish...15)I ignore you and respond point by point to mroels post...16)you lose your sh1t, telling me to find another domain to post on and blah, blah, blah...17) I finally take notice of you and slap you down, hard....18)Lady Mod says hello! 19) You want me banished fromn 'your' thread so you run to Lady Mod...with what, I have no idea. Is that about how it went? Did I leave anything out?

tommywho70x Guest

Who the fvck do you think you are? Really?

It is pretty easy to follow this thread...11)I post some comments about my opinion on what is happening in N.O....12 and 13)amroels disagrees with me, posts point by point reasons...14)You jump in with hysterical gibberish...15)I ignore you and respond point by point to mroels post...16)you lose your sh1t, telling me to find another domain to post on and blah, blah, blah...17) I finally take notice of you and slap you down, hard....18)Lady Mod says hello! 19) You want me banished fromn 'your' thread so you run to Lady Mod...with what, I have no idea. Is that about how it went? Did I leave anything out?
    you do not want to know and i am sick and tired of trying to tell you.

i'll make you a little deal, mr. sooper-dooper political anal-list,

let's have an election. whoever loses is permanently banned from SCAM.COM

sound fair? put it to the general board?

see, unlike you, i have family, friends and colleagues and i really don't need this domain for social contact. i also know how to respect multiple-user discussions well enough to be able to find another newsgroup to play with if i lose to you, which is pretty doubtful.

the bottom line is that i am not interested into getting into interpersonal conflicts with anybody for any reason here and you seem hell bent for leather to pick a fight with anybody who is not in lockstep with your dementia.

why is it that some of us can trade insults and keep the flow of the conversation going and you can't?

you do not want to know and i am sick and tired of trying to tell you.

i'll make you a little deal, mr. sooper-dooper political anal-list,

let's have an election. whoever loses is permanently banned from SCAM.COM

sound fair? put it to the general board?

see, unlike you, i have family, friends and colleagues and i really don't need this domain for social contact. i also know how to respect multiple-user discussions well enough to be able to find another newsgroup to play with if i lose to you, which is pretty doubtful.

the bottom line is that i am not interested into getting into interpersonal conflicts with anybody for any reason here and you seem hell bent for leather to pick a fight with anybody who is not in lockstep with your dementia.

why is it that some of us can trade insults and keep the flow of the conversation going and you can't?
    Please review this thread and explain to me where I picked a fight with you. There is no need for you to post insults to me...so why do you? You don't LIKE my opinions so you want me banished? Good Lord, man...I don't go looking for you, but when you get up in my grille you will never enjoy the result.
    Last edited by pwrone; 10-12-2005 at 09:32 PM.

tommywho70x Guest

Please review this thread and explain to me where I picked a fight with you. There is no need for you to post insults to me...so why do you? You don't LIKE my opinions so you want me banished? Good Lord, man...I don't go looking for you, but when you get up in my grille you will never enjoy the result.

i do not have time to gratify your self-indulgent foolishness, nor do i wish to have any personal discussions with you at any time. you are not my type*:*

now either back off and continue to post your combative crap and take your licks like a man or let's have an election so that i can enjoy myself and my cyber-friends either here if i win, or elsewhere if i lose.

Not really sure what you disagree with here...if anything. Are you co-opting the tactic of making loud but incomprehensible noises at statements you feel like you SHOULD object to? I may be mistaken, but I think t70 has a patent on that...as he has kindly demonstrated here. Lets review, shall we?:

2)They see things every week that most of us cannot comprehend...how people live, different levels of abuse, inhuman crimes committed by individuals who do not even realize they broke a law. Protecting the public is the highest calling that someone can aspire to, and the compensation in no way approaches the level of danger or the attrition to an individuals sanity. You are objecting to this...why? Do you disagree with it? You say it is B.S. May I ask what part of it is B.S.? Looks like a simple statement of some facts that you go on to confirm in your directionless 'counterpoint' .

3)As for the officers in N.O., I agree 100% with T4887...remember, these are the ones who DIDN'T run away...and now have to arrest fellow residents who have also been traumatized. This is referring, rather obviously , to a post from t4887 about how these guys need some time off...or something. I think his post is right on the money and I don't think either one of us is excusing abuse. If you have been over there, you know better than anyone about making a judgement based on a film clip...and that there are scumbags in all walks of life. These guys may be exactly that...but this thread was sort of becoming a 'bash cops' thread so I was providing a little balance.

2) If you would've bothered to read my comments without poinsoning the well e.g. thinking of ways to discredit me before reading my actual arguments. Maybe then would you recognize the validity of my points. But to clarify with the hopes that maybe this time you'll read!!: Yes I agree that cops see things that are difficult to deal with. But if you think that this in any way excuses them from acting in a manner that is unprofessional then I say to that "it is BS". And i'll repeat: cops have a terribly tough job but that is no excuse for them to act like they did on this video. (this isn't a directionless point and should be easy to comprehend even for someone who is blinded by politics..and mind you that I assign no blame to any government entity but the individual officers only) And yes I recognize the fact that this video does not represent the entire police force of NO but these individual officers must be held accountable for their actions!!

3) If you were merely saying that these officers have been traumatized and should not be on duty because they need time off, then I apologize for misunderstanding your point. But if you say that their trauma is an excuse for their behavior as shown in the video then i once again say "this is BS". Many officers realized, even after they stayed, that they weren't fit for duty considering the circumstances and turned in their badges. So if an officer is indeed traumatized he should request an absence of leave, if he is denied this then maybe (and only maybe) can I understand their behavior being forced to endure stress beyond their self-admitted boundaries. Once again this was a simple and directed argument!

Now should you be educated enough to understand the manner in which debate is conducted you will maybe provide arguments to offer rebuttal to my arguments. If you continue to simply make fallible statements about my character without considering the contents of my arguments then I will have to agree with TommyX and simply say that your posts are no more than ranting that is meant to incite irrelevant random confrontation... So instead of complaining about things just because you don't understand them, try to make an educated argument that will make be reconsider my opinions or at the least challenge my intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by mroels
    2) If you would've bothered to read my comments without poinsoning the well e.g. thinking of ways to discredit me before reading my actual arguments. Maybe then would you recognize the validity of my points. But to clarify with the hopes that maybe this time you'll read!!: Yes I agree that cops see things that are difficult to deal with. But if you think that this in any way excuses them from acting in a manner that is unprofessional then I say to that "it is BS". And i'll repeat: cops have a terribly tough job but that is no excuse for them to act like they did on this video. (this isn't a directionless point and should be easy to comprehend even for someone who is blinded by politics..and mind you that I assign no blame to any government entity but the individual officers only) And yes I recognize the fact that this video does not represent the entire police force of NO but these individual officers must be held accountable for their actions!!

3) If you were merely saying that these officers have been traumatized and should not be on duty because they need time off, then I apologize for misunderstanding your point. But if you say that their trauma is an excuse for their behavior as shown in the video then i once again say "this is BS". Many officers realized, even after they stayed, that they weren't fit for duty considering the circumstances and turned in their badges. So if an officer is indeed traumatized he should request an absence of leave, if he is denied this then maybe (and only maybe) can I understand their behavior being forced to endure stress beyond their self-admitted boundaries. Once again this was a simple and directed argument!

Now should you be educated enough to understand the manner in which debate is conducted you will maybe provide arguments to offer rebuttal to my arguments. If you continue to simply make fallible statements about my character without considering the contents of my arguments then I will have to agree with TommyX and simply say that your posts are no more than ranting that is meant to incite irrelevant random confrontation... So instead of complaining about things just because you don't understand them, try to make an educated argument that will make be reconsider my opinions or at the least challenge my intellect.

As soon as you post this: 2) This is absolute BS......in reference to an opinion of mine, I will present my counter point in a different way...as I am sure you would.

I don't think that we disagree on any of these points...I do think that the stress levels for N.O. cops is probably the highest in the country right now. I do not recall suggesting that this would excuse any illegal behavior...at all.

I also suggested that snippets of videotape are easily misinterpreted and the cops deserve at least to be heard. They might even deserve the presumption of innocence!

Maybe you should reread the way you posted your positions...post #12 on this thread...you cut parts of my post and responded to them in order.

1)As soon as you post this: 2) This is absolute BS......in reference to an opinion of mine, I will present my counter point in a different way...as I am sure you would.

2)I don't think that we disagree on any of these points...I do think that the stress levels for N.O. cops is probably the highest in the country right now. I do not recall suggesting that this would excuse any illegal behavior...at all.

3)I also suggested that snippets of videotape are easily misinterpreted and the cops deserve at least to be heard. They might even deserve the presumption of innocence!

Maybe you should reread the way you posted your positions...post #12 on this thread...you cut parts of my post and responded to them in order.
    1) understandable..yet my initial statement was backed up by valid arguments...and if you would've initially responded like you did in this post it would've been more clear as to what your opinion are.

2) you have to understand that when you respond to a thread concerning a specific incident about police brutality and you provide explanation for an officer's psychological mindset for this type of behavior then it is not unreasonable for people to interpret these explanations as excuses. Now I admit, my interpretations of your post did assume that your explainations about a cop's psyche served as an excuse..to which i would indeed object. The one thing that I forgot to mention when qouting you (and normally i do make a note of this in my posts) is that i rearranged information and might be taking arguments out of context in which case i would like to be told that i did so.

3) i'm not sure if you saw this particular video but there was little left to the imaginations...these guys were throwing punches repeatedly while the victim was pinned against the wall...there isn't much room for interpretation there...

hope this clears things up a little

Quote Originally Posted by mroels
    1) understandable..yet my initial statement was backed up by valid arguments...and if you would've initially responded like you did in this post it would've been more clear as to what your opinion are.

2) you have to understand that when you respond to a thread concerning a specific incident about police brutality and you provide explanation for an officer's psychological mindset for this type of behavior then it is not unreasonable for people to interpret these explanations as excuses. Now I admit, my interpretations of your post did assume that your explainations about a cop's psyche served as an excuse..to which i would indeed object. The one thing that I forgot to mention when qouting you (and normally i do make a note of this in my posts) is that i rearranged information and might be taking arguments out of context in which case i would like to be told that i did so.

3) i'm not sure if you saw this particular video but there was little left to the imaginations...these guys were throwing punches repeatedly while the victim was pinned against the wall...there isn't much room for interpretation there...

hope this clears things up a little
    Yeah, cool. I agree that the video looks terrible, but so did the King video without some context. While I still believe the cops in the King case went too far...it wasn't by much. That guy had been hit with stun guns many times, was 260 pounds and simply would not comply. They thought he was blasted on PCP and they just wanted him to STAY down.

Have you seen the NEW, full length video that was released a couple of hours ago? I just did on CNN. These cops beat the crap out of this man... The tape CLEARLY shows them also kicking and punching him in the head and face AFTER they had him in a head-lock, threw him on the ground, were sitting on him and had his feet pinned.

I don't see anywhere in this video where he was "talked to" by the first cop... It looks like this a**hole grabbed him IMMEDIATELY and became aggressive. Was this man resisting?? I sure as hell HOPE SO! These four cops are all young guys.. this man is 64 years old. Tell me... would you simply "give up" and allow yourself to be handcuffed by a bunch of cops who have ALREADY punched you in the back of the head and neck and then in the face? Wouldn't you be wondering what they would do to you AFTER they got the cuffs on?????

In my opinion, the charges are against these cops are not stiff enough.. this is WAY MORE than simple battery. And I hope this man files a HUGE civil suit against this police department.....

By the way... save any criticism about the term "cops" being disrespectful... these four bastards are not police officers, they DESERVE NO respect.

I just love the lawyer for the cops who claims the FBI is the one that actually did the damage to the guy. He also states that his "clients" did not strike the man in the face. This lawyer gives lawyers a bad name... and I would hate to see the riots that would occur if somehow these cops were acquitted of their actions.

Of course the old man's lawyers was just waiting for some charges to be dropped against his client so he could "determine what monetary compensation would be appropriate."

So much for re-building those levys.