+ Reply to Thread

The only way to make money online is sport arbitrage.

After doing a lot of research, I think this is the only safe way to make money online.

Re: The only way to make money online is sport arbitrage.

Oh, I'm sold :rolleyes:

Have you had any success with this?

I've heard you can have problems getting the bets on.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondyanglu
    After doing a lot of research, I think this is the only safe way to make money online.
    You aren't really doing much research if this is the best you can come up with. I looked into Arbs, to the point of checking out the various software options and reporting services available on the net. The % of money you make on the arbs is so so at best..not to mention with the software you basically are a slave to your computer waiting for a notification of a "good" arb. Often by the time you get to the bookie the odds have been fixed and the arb is no longer any good. Not to mention the fact that some bookies won't let everybody create an account, living in Canada there were three or four of the so called bigger bookies that don't accept accounts from Canada. Plus it's a hassle having money in the various accounts to allow betting instantly not to mention all the fees for withdrawing your money and the limit to how much/how often you can withdraw from the different bookies...

Bottom line it's a hell of a lot of work for the rate of return that most people I talk to are getting. Far too much work for that level of return for me. Maybe it's good for you, or others but there are better things in my mind.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by HI4U
    Bottom line it's a hell of a lot of work for the rate of return that most people I talk to are getting. Far too much work for that level of return for me. Maybe it's good for you, or others but there are better things in my mind.
    Sporta arbitrage definitely depends to a VERY large extent on your available funds. Ideally you are starting with $100,000 and you just ahve money in every bookmaker. When a bet comes the funds are already available, you place the largest bets you can, and your 1% return is actually quite large because you placed a...$3000 trade. ($30 in that example)

In this ideal situation, you are only a slave in so far as the more time you are away from the computer, the less arbitrage opportunities you will have. My experience of sports arbitrage so far, aside from the fact that I don't have enough money, is that its very time free. I spend all of my time at my computer anyway working on my website (before this I played computer games pretty Solid, so this is an improvement of my use of time!), and I only need to worry about the Arbs when the alarm rings.

A lot of what Hi4U said was spot on, and I can see he has really done his research into it, however none of that is a critical problem in it, and there are other factors which can be used to overcome many of the problems.

Generally though, don't expect to be making an income from sports arbitrage while your available trading pool is less than $40,000. While you are less than that, all of your profits simply need to be constantly re-invested until you reach that amount. And even then you will need to look at the situation before you start withdrawing funds...

Shane