+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Faith?

Re: What is Faith?

"A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence."

That definition fits perfectly.

I have faith that Santa exists. I await his arrival in a few days.

If you do not believe as othjers before you have not, here are some questions I have answered about my belief.

How can the sleigh carry enough toys for everyone in the world?" I say to you that the sleigh is magical. It has the ability to do this intrinsically.

"How does Santa get into houses and apartments that don't have chimneys?" I say that Santa can make chimneys appear, as shown to all of us in the movie The Santa Clause.

"How does Santa get down the chimney if there's a fire in the fireplace?" I say that Santa has a special flame-resistant suit, and it cleans itself too.

"Why doesn't the security system detect Santa?" Santa is invisible to security systems.

"How can Santa travel fast enough to visit every child in one night?" Santa is timeless.

"How can Santa know whether every child has been bad or good?" Santa is omniscient.

"Why are the toys distributed so unevenly? Why does Santa deliver more toys to rich kids, even if they are bad, than he ever gives to poor kids?" There is no way for us to understand the mysteries of Santa because we are mere mortals, but Santa has his reasons. For example, perhaps poor children would be unable to handle a flood of expensive electronic toys. How would they afford the batteries? So Santa spares them this burden.

These are all quite logical questions that you have asked. I have answered all of them for you. I am wondering why you can't see what I see, and you are wondering how I can be so insane.

I think I hear the sleighbells.......

Quote Originally Posted by TruthHurts
    "A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence."

That definition fits perfectly.

I have faith that Santa exists. I await his arrival in a few days.

If you do not believe as othjers before you have not, here are some questions I have answered about my belief.

How can the sleigh carry enough toys for everyone in the world?" I say to you that the sleigh is magical. It has the ability to do this intrinsically.

"How does Santa get into houses and apartments that don't have chimneys?" I say that Santa can make chimneys appear, as shown to all of us in the movie The Santa Clause.

"How does Santa get down the chimney if there's a fire in the fireplace?" I say that Santa has a special flame-resistant suit, and it cleans itself too.

"Why doesn't the security system detect Santa?" Santa is invisible to security systems.

"How can Santa travel fast enough to visit every child in one night?" Santa is timeless.

"How can Santa know whether every child has been bad or good?" Santa is omniscient.

"Why are the toys distributed so unevenly? Why does Santa deliver more toys to rich kids, even if they are bad, than he ever gives to poor kids?" There is no way for us to understand the mysteries of Santa because we are mere mortals, but Santa has his reasons. For example, perhaps poor children would be unable to handle a flood of expensive electronic toys. How would they afford the batteries? So Santa spares them this burden.

These are all quite logical questions that you have asked. I have answered all of them for you. I am wondering why you can't see what I see, and you are wondering how I can be so insane.

I think I hear the sleighbells.......

good point!!faith is "NOT" thinking!!and we dont have to "WONDER" about you bein insane anymore!!hehe!!

Faith is the belief when there isn't evidence to prove it! Like the time I when I was attending beauty school about 10 years ago and we were living on $6.50 an hour between the two of us and my 2 year old son. It was Christmas time and I had NOOO money for gifts for him. How do you explain to a 2 year old why Santa didn't come to his house this year? I prayed and prayed. But I didn't know where any money would come from since we couldn't even afford groceries let alone Christmas presents (and our wonderful government said that we made too much for food stamps). So, I just prayed God would somehow supply a Christmas for my son. The day before Christmas Eve, a younger man came to our door after my son had gone to bed with a large box full of wrapped gifts! We asked him who sent them but he just made up some ficticious name and ran off. The gifts had my son's name on them and one for me and one for my husband. And to this day, I still have no idea who did it for me. So, I continue the tradition to thank the thoughtful person who did that wonderful thing for me. God answers prayer! It may not always be as we want it to be. But He knows what's best for us. Faith is believing in God to achieve what the world says is impossible! My dad has prostate cancer and the doctor's say that there is nothing they can do. They've worked with treatments for 3 years but his PSA levels are rising again. They can't do chemo and they don't want to operate. But I have faith that God will touch his body and heal him of the cancer that would normally take away his life. I have faith God can heal Him. If his cancer takes his life eventually, I'll have faith that God will reveal the reason.
    :) I'd rather be an optomist and be wrong than be a
    pessimist and be right!

Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    Faith is the belief when there isn't evidence to prove it! Like the time I when I was attending beauty school about 10 years ago and we were living on $6.50 an hour between the two of us and my 2 year old son. It was Christmas time and I had NOOO money for gifts for him. How do you explain to a 2 year old why Santa didn't come to his house this year? I prayed and prayed. But I didn't know where any money would come from since we couldn't even afford groceries let alone Christmas presents (and our wonderful government said that we made too much for food stamps). So, I just prayed God would somehow supply a Christmas for my son. The day before Christmas Eve, a younger man came to our door after my son had gone to bed with a large box full of wrapped gifts! We asked him who sent them but he just made up some ficticious name and ran off. The gifts had my son's name on them and one for me and one for my husband. And to this day, I still have no idea who did it for me. So, I continue the tradition to thank the thoughtful person who did that wonderful thing for me. God answers prayer! It may not always be as we want it to be. But He knows what's best for us. Faith is believing in God to achieve what the world says is impossible! My dad has prostate cancer and the doctor's say that there is nothing they can do. They've worked with treatments for 3 years but his PSA levels are rising again. They can't do chemo and they don't want to operate. But I have faith that God will touch his body and heal him of the cancer that would normally take away his life. I have faith God can heal Him. If his cancer takes his life eventually, I'll have faith that God will reveal the reason.
    :) I'd rather be an optomist and be wrong than be a
    pessimist and be right!

this is some kinda pathetic joke!?right!?you were sent here by the right wing-nuts to make a COMPRELLING POOR PERSON STORY that only losers like yourself(projected) would fall for!?it's full of right wing RETORIC!!hehe!!look mommy!!i have a loser husband and we have no christmas presents and blame it on GOVERNMENT!?WHO CARES!?!?.........that's the PLOY!!........right!?hehe!!nice try!!hehe!!

Faith is belief in something that cannot be proven.