+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody Know about this New VOIP Company?

Hi..

Im interested in Joining this compaany, but im a little scare of all the scams that you can find on the internet, i was reading about other scam companies in this website, and thats why i want to know your personal opinion....

Im new into this... and i dont know how to identify if they are legal or not..

I got an email this weekend, and it sounds all good, but before i Join and invest my time and money, i will apreciate your help if you know more about this...

the website that they sent me was this

http://www.igonet.net/topleaders

As you can see, its free to Join...(but you never know)

Any comments will be apreciate. or if you know of a Honest company that anybody can do business, please reply to my, im looking for business from home.

Thanks...
    David
    Last edited by thegameshope; 10-09-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Re: Anybody Know about this New VOIP Company?

Quote Originally Posted by thegameshope
    Hi..

Im interested in Joining this compaany, but im a little scare of all the scams that you can find on the internet, i was reading about other scam companies in this website, and thats why i want to know your personal opinion....

Im new into this... and i dont know how to identify if they are legal or not..

I got an email this weekend, and it sounds all good, but before i Join and invest my time and money, i will apreciate your help if you know more about this...

the website that they sent me was this

http://www.igonet.net/topleaders

As you can see, its free to Join...(but you never know)

Any comments will be apreciate. or if you know of a Honest company that anybody can do business, please reply to my, im looking for business from home.

Thanks...
    David
    David I am not sure about VoIP as it's a technology that has been free with Skype for a long time now and Skype were recently acquired by Ebay. There are a few companies entering this emerging market but it is fraught with technical challenges and broadband will have to become a lot faster across the world before it becomes a sustainable business. My guess is a couple of years at least. By asking if anyone knows of an honest business you may get swamped by eager networkers in other programs who are hungry foe new recruits.

On the video they are making this sound like it's brand new tech. What they are probably waiting for is to get enough worms on the hook to draw in the big bait, a high dollar investor. You can go nationwide with a cellphone. You can already do everything I heard on that video with Bluetooth added to your cell phone which costs about $70 on top of the cost of a Motorola v330 or razor cellphone. You can already do everything this guy is saying, so it's not new. High Definition TV was supposed to be in every home by 2006 and very few satellite or cable broadcasters have very many HD channels to offer right now. $30 a month sounds way too cheap for the technology offered. Like I said the capability has been around for years but not everyone is rushing out to buy into this voip tech. It's too soon to call it a scam but it's too late to call it brand new technology. If you're going into it, walk softly, and carry a big stick. Watch out for pyramid marketing and don't give them your social security number or a lot of your money whatever you do.
    Last edited by Yannash; 10-10-2005 at 12:33 AM.

billt Guest

Have you tried
    http://www.globalsuccessgroup.com/
    http://www.888.biz/

DO NOT POST YOUR REFERRAL ID'S ON SCAM.COM

LADY MOD
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-23-2006 at 01:53 PM.

This is not new at all...plenty of companies offer VOIP....I am in one of them. First its not easy to promote!!! You need people who have broadband internet access. Who VOIP is right for really varies upon the usage of the individual or business. Quality of service is always an issue which is why it has to be tested sometimes before making a full committment. I am in a company that offers this service so I have read a great deal about it through the company I am with and searching google and blogs and tech ads etc. I also read a VOIP newsletter about real geeky tech info sometimes on a day to day basis The web addy for that newsletter is here http://www.voipnow.org/ Feel free to email me if you want details about the service or to understand it better. My opinion on what I saw about that company isn't good. I sorta agree with the previous post....Nothing about it is new...nothing about it (or any company for that matter in my opinion) is easy to do. The company that I am in cost to join but voip isnt the only thing we offer etc.

I noticed someone has been posting their link to their business on these boards alot(billt). I thought that was against the rules????

I've had Vonage for well over a year now at home, 15 bucks a month and no problems! :)

VOIP is fraught with technical problems due to cross border licensing agreements etc.
    I would imagine that if VOIP had any REAL commercial value the "big boys" in telecomms would have jumped all over it by now.

Billt (shame on you)

A lot of companies are starting to move towards Voip.
    Time Warner and the big cable companies have digital phones.
    Vonage is out there...plus other small carriers.
    Market America is coming out with a service.
    Plus there are the other small start-ups giving it a shot.

It may be a while before the technology is perfected. But getting on board a trend early is always the best way.

Quote Originally Posted by worn T-Shirt
    VOIP is fraught with technical problems due to cross border licensing agreements etc.
    I would imagine that if VOIP had any REAL commercial value the "big boys" in telecomms would have jumped all over it by now.

Billt (shame on you)
    They are all over it!

teamescape Guest

Billt (shame on you)
    LOL

Bell South partnered up with Packet8service.com

SBC partnered up with AT&T to offer VoIP

Comcast does VoIP

AT&T does VoIP

Bell Canada does VoIP

..... what bigger boys are there??

teamescape Guest

Back to the Topic.... where is the companies compensation plan?

Quote Originally Posted by teamescape
    LOL

Bell South partnered up with Packet8service.com

SBC partnered up with AT&T to offer VoIP

Comcast does VoIP

AT&T does VoIP

Bell Canada does VoIP

..... what bigger boys are there??
    What I am talking about is the fact that these MLM companies will have us believe that it will be as common as making a landline call. It is not at present and it does not have large commercial appeal YET!

What I am talking about is the fact that these MLM companies will have us believe that it will be as common as making a landline call. It is not at present and it does not have large commercial appeal YET!
    LOL

“VOIP is the most significant paradigm shift in the entire history of modern communications since the invention of the telephone.”

“VOIP will irreversibly alter the world of communications.”

--Michael-Powell-FCC Chairman, July 2004

“VOIP gives customers a sense of WOW. WOW hasn’t been used to describe telecom since the 1950’s advent of the furry pink Princess phone. But the inherent flexibility of the Internet protocol may at last make that word appropriate.”

--Business Week

“If you don’t do it (VoIP) next year or the one after that you won’t be playing in the game.”

--Richard C. Notebaert, Quest – April 2004

“The VoIP market is far bigger than we would have guessed. We were wrong.”

--Stuart Elby, Verizon’s VP, May 2004

“VOIP is the only sexy thing out there right now.”

“It’s all about IP today. No one calls and asks us about anything but IP. It’s mainstream.”

--Cisco Systems, Aug 2004

“So more broadband means more VOIP, which means more broadband, and so on. It’s this virtuous cycle that’s creating so much excitement in the telecom industry.”

“VoIP will really take off and by the end of 2008 some 17.5 million users, or about 16% of U.S. homes, will be VOIPing.”

“Now that over 60% of American homes have high speed connections, more consumers can readily make a switch to VOIP.”

--Fortune Magazine, July 2004

I do not see a MLM company listed above. Do you? Cause I would rather believe the Wallstreet Journal when they states that

"OVER 70% of ALL homes will have VoIP by 2010"
    ----Wallstreet Journal

There has never been ANY product/service that had a 70% market Penetration. I think they have a reason to be excited!

Escapecoach,

Give us a break! There are almost 500 providers listed on one web page I found alone. With such a flooded market of providers it is not a place where even a desirable product will do you any good. Anyone needing a good laugh should go to the Escape International thread and get the real scoop on that bum deal!

Igonet http://www.igonet.net/topleaders/video.asp is in pre-launch still. Of course we get the crazy fluff about paradigm shift and everyone will need this service. They won't disclose the comp plan because it is still getting legal review. No doubt you will need exponentially huge downlines to make any money. So neither one of these deals has anything to offer unless you want to sign up for a pyramid scheme.

Soapboxmom

Kool-Aid Guest

Every telecommunications provider out there will offer this service. Our company is already a re-seller of a version of the service offered by one of the biggest companies on the globe. It will come to a point where the biggest players will offer the service at such rediculously low prices, that no MLM company will be able to stay in the market and compete.

OH-YEAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid
    Every telecommunications provider out there will offer this service. Our company is already a re-seller of a version of the service offered by one of the biggest companies on the globe. It will come to a point where the biggest players will offer the service at such rediculously low prices, that no MLM company will be able to stay in the market and compete.
    Yes, that would be a "commodity". When something becomes a commodity, people buy it on PRICE alone. There can be no special "value" offered in the case of a commodity (gas would be an example of this); price is the only thing that matters. New cars might be another example of this. Most people simply shop dealers for the one that gives them the best price.

The only way an MLM company is going to get a leg up when marketing a commodity is to use ACN's imfamous "do me a favor" routine, where the customer is ONLY taking the product/service from you in order to "do you a favor". Problem is, you are not doing your friend a favor by offering a product/service to them for a price higher than they might pay elsewhere. ACN has taught this approach for YEARS, but it was only really viable back when they WERE the lowest-priced provider. For many, many years, that has simply not been the case.